Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 6th, 2024, 05:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Help With Wurdz

Well met!

Firefly was a tv series that spawned the movie Serenity. The crew were a hodgepodge of different races and personalities. I tried choosing Heroes by Species, Personality and Size, but these were too restrictive for my taste. In many quest stories, the various Heroes thrown together by circumstance teach each other various combat techniques. If there are squads, they may teach them too. The lessons learned are not dependent upon proximity to Captain Xue, but the intensity of their execution is. So, borrowing your fine wording:

CLOSE COMBAT DIRTY TRICKS
If you have at least one Unique Hero from each of 4 different Generals in your army, you may use Close Combat Dirty Tricks. When a figure you control rolls attack or defense dice against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 20 or higher, that figure rolls one additional die. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 6th, 2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old January 6th, 2024, 08:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Add 3 to the roll if that figure is within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.[/SIZE][/FONT]
To give the Captain the bonus too:

Quote:
Add 3 to the roll if that figure is Captain Xue or is within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 6th, 2024, 09:11 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Thanks, quozl! In a different direction:

FINISH HIM!
If a figure you control ends its turn adjacent to an opponent’s figure that has only one Life remaining, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher, that figure may attack again.

Old January 6th, 2024, 09:36 PM

Well met!

A little cleaner:

CAPTAIN XUE’S EDGE
When a figure you control rolls attack or defense dice against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 20 or higher, that figure rolls one additional die. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is Captain Xue or within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.

Old January 7th, 2024, 08:46 AM

Well met!

Took SkyWhale’s suggestion:

CAPTAIN XUE’S EDGE
When a figure you control rolls attack or defense dice for or against a normal attack against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 20 or higher, that figure rolls one automatic Skull or Shield, respectively. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is Captain Xue or within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 12th, 2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old January 7th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That is much better, kolakoski. It looks fine to me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 12th, 2024, 12:34 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
CAPTAIN XUE’S EDGE
When a figure you control rolls attack or defense dice against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 20 or higher, that figure rolls one automatic Skull or Shield, respectively. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is Captain Xue or within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That is much better, kolakoski. It looks fine to me.
Scytale thought otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Captain Xue is problematic. "Rolls attack dice" is too broad; that's including (but not really) special attacks, and worse, leaving engagement attacks. That needs to be limited to normal attacks at least.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 12th, 2024 at 04:07 PM.
Old January 12th, 2024, 01:04 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Scytale is correct, and I think it also ought to be "adds 1 automatic skull or shield to whatever is rolled".

The fix for what Scytale brought up may be "rolls attack or defense dice for or against a normal attack".

Last edited by SkyWhale; January 12th, 2024 at 03:36 PM.
Old January 12th, 2024, 03:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If I have been clear about one thing in this thread, since its inception, it's that my edits are not intended to address the sort of rules issues that @Scytale is addressing with that post. What I do here is address wording issues for clarity, theme, appropriateness, and so on. Not for conformance with the rules.

Please do not take my wording recommendations to Scytale as some sort of imprimatur of adequacy. He wouldn't take it that way, and I wouldn't want him to think that I did.

Also, I've asked before for people to let me know when their designs are headed to the SoV. I still won't do that kind of review - it's just not in my wheelhouse, and I don't want to make false promises - but it will alert me to other feedback that I might be able to offer.

= =
Old January 18th, 2024, 10:14 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

Hey guys, hoping for help with a ruling for some duelist hero melee units. The idea being a nimble unit that can parry then attack from another angle. I'm pretty sure I have seen a similar power on another card either official or custom.

Before rolling defense dice for a normal attack from an adjacent enemy figure targeting "Duelist A", roll a 20 sided die. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice as normal. If you roll 14 or over, negate the attack & place "Dueliest A" on any same level space adjacent to the attacking figure. Then roll one unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

Thanks!
Old January 19th, 2024, 12:25 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

You have seen that before! Or something like it. From the Varkaanan Blade Dancers:

DEFENSIVE VAULT
After a Varkaanan Blade Dancer rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent opponent's figure, if she is still adjacent to the attacking figure, you may place that Varkaanan Blade Dancer on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure, if possible. A Varkaanan Blade Dancer does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Defensive Vault.

You can see how complex the wording gets just from the movement part of the power. Adding a wounding element makes it tricky, too. Maybe something like this:

Parry and Strike
When rolling defense dice for a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Duelist A rolls 2 or more shields, Duelist A takes no damage and you may place Duelist A on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, any excess shields count as unblockable hits against the attacking figure.

Something like that? Mixing Defensive Vault with Counterstrike. That way you get the feel of the give and take of the battle, without the extra d20, and you also get the realistic possibility that the countermove won't deal any damage at all.

Cool idea. Thanks for sharing. Thoughts?

= =
Old January 19th, 2024, 11:03 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

I don't think "any excess shields" plays especially nice with powers that negate damage based on number of shields rolled, but I do like removing the d20 roll.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards