Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
These guys are just sweet.
I haven't used them to actually take someone yet. But their flying movement of 7 and fairly decent defense makes them more than worthwhile.

Dagon counter draft squad armies though...
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM

nickmodaily has disabled reputation
I'm hoping that with the large number of unique heroes coming out in SOTM and Wave 7, the Shades will see a lot more use. Huh...now I'm wondering if the Shades will be able to devour the soul of the Hive. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"It is not possible to fight beyond your strength, even if you strive."
Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old June 26th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Hmmm...with the potential cross-polination from Marvelscape, do the Shades suddenly get a bump up in their rankings? All the marvel heroes are likely vulnerable to this power (Mmmmm....Thanos....) and for 100 points that could certainly be a viable option.

Sure, any d20 ability is a crap shoot, but simply having them on the board will effect how someone plays.

Just a random thought.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:47 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
I played a game with Dad and the GF once. There was a castle in the middle of the board, within range of all of us. My first move of the game, I happened upon the wind glyph atop the castle wall walk. Each turn I took with my Shades, I was able to move one shade off the glyph, move another shade about, then bring a third shade from my base to sit back on the glyph. The GF's Sentinels were all but neutered and dad's dragon had to crawl like a common 'gator. I owned the whole game.
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:36 PM

deutschboy has disabled reputation
First game I played with these ghosts I soul devoured Spartacus, second game I got Crixus! Definitly fun to play with.

丰西山。我不是英国人!我是德国人!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ah my favorites I tend to use them as a scare to the other person I have them close in on non ranged creatures and have a powerhouse come in and take them out.Their is one thing I would like to change I wish they were removed from the game in stead of being destroyed when they Soul Devour and once that person died the shades came back into the game.That would be great! I hope they make more shades soon.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM

Zeus Jupiter has disabled reputation
you know, the shades are absolutely the best glyph grabbers in the game. 7 move and stealth flying, they can traverse most medium boards in at most three turns. and that soul devour makes your opponent hesitant to send any hero to whack them and negate your bonus. and even if they get a squad after them, the shades have a decent enough defense to survive a while. and if things get too hot, well that stealth flying ensures they can get out of there quick and painlessly. the shades will keep your opponent occupied for long enough to send the rest of your army in and do what it needs to do. and if your opponent ignores the shades, well those glyph bonuses are nice. and they look so cool!

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I personally like the shades. They are fast becoming my fav unit. Used them the other night against my friend. Turn 1, I used my Ne-gok-sa and successfully mind shackeled his crixus. Turn 2, one of my shades got his retiurus(sp?). They combo well with Ne-gok-sa, I don't have to beat my oppenent, I just take over their army.
Old September 4th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell
They combo well with Ne-gok-sa, I don't have to beat my oppenent, I just take over their army.
WTF no they don't they work horrible with Ne-Gok-Sa. Then your army would count on 20 die rolls instead of Strategy and how well you draft your army.

Old September 4th, 2007, 05:53 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell
They combo well with Ne-gok-sa, I don't have to beat my oppenent, I just take over their army.
WTF no they don't they work horrible with Ne-Gok-Sa. Then your army would count on 20 die rolls instead of Strategy and how well you draft your army.
His strategy is d20 die rolls taking over enemy units...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Yes but the odds are greatly against you and in a 500 point game. That is a waste of 190 points it is a stupid strategy and a waste of good points. I love the Shades of Bleakewoode and they are great Glyph grabbers but you have to think when drafting there is a lot of skill in this game and you don't want to depend on luck.

Old September 13th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
The shades are probably the best AE killers I have ever used. They can get up to where they drop and start whacking them immediately. The first time I used them I was able to kill 2 of the AE on the first turn, and then the next turn took out the other two and proceeded to the rest of his units. I was lucky with my defense rolls that time, but they really impressed me. Too bad I was using a sucky army to back them up, I ended up loosing that one but they definately did thier damage.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units