Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 28th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
I'm an anime fan, but I'm not sure it would work well in the HS world. If they came out with it, I'd buy it, but it wouldn't make or break my love of the game.

The problem with anime is how fast it comes and goes. Even though I'd love to have a Gundam figure set I doubt they'd fit well on the map. :P

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
My main problem with Harry Potterscape would be that the sculpts wouldn't really be badass at all, and the main hero would only be good against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Wingardium Leviosa: Target hero gains flying for like... 3 seconds.

Expelliarmus: Target wizard has to go pick up his wand.

Avada Kedavra: Now we're talking.

I'd still like to point out the... unbadassness of these little wizards though.

If we really want a fantasy license that annoys certain people, I suggest we find one that has polar bears in plate mail.

Star Wars... meh, just play that one awesome game that CVN already made where you duel with Jedi. Make customs if you want.

I agree on the anti-anime front. If we thought the Hulk was bad, all of those guys would have to have point totals over 9000!

All told, I'd much rather see more Gorillinators, Vipers, Kyrie, and other cool stuff that those guys came up with than licenses. Maybe in 20 years when this game is bigger than Monopoly, but until then, Classic Scape is the way to go.
I agree. I think everyone was pretty much content with the original characters produced (and the customs they had made) until MarvelScape hit the shelves. Now everyone is looking for the next MarvelScape for their favorite show, comic, videogame etc. But it's just not going to happen. I love Star Wars, but I think Heroscape is one part of the market that Star Wars can steer clear of (no disrespect to Star Wars of course).
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:24 PM

txedomask has disabled reputation
I doubt we would see a DCScape, I believe Mattel has the rights for all DC toys.

txedomask is James Murphy
...in the LIBRARY...
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Weird. I haven't played Magic in almost ten years, but my power descriptions for Harry Potter sound more like spells in that.

Stupefy would just be a one-sided twiddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Or maybe like this:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I think Star Warsscape would be the best option. It would be huge for inducting new members and has endless possibilities for cool figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
1. STAR WARS
2.Terminator
3.AVP

In my opinion.
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:23 AM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?
Star Wars and DC are the only ones that could have enough characters and such to make more then a master set and a few waves worth of figures. Sure I'd like to see some others ones (mainly Avatar) but I really don't think that there is enough source material to make those very viable products for Hasbro, but you never know they might surprise us.

As long as we're talking about things that will probably never be made I'd like to throw in my idea for

which would be just about the most awesome-est 'Scape spin-off I can think of.

GO TEAM VENTURE!
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:40 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper Zeta
Star Wars and DC are the only ones that could have enough characters and such to make more then a master set and a few waves worth of figures. Sure I'd like to see some others ones (mainly Avatar) but I really don't think that there is enough source material to make those very viable products for Hasbro, but you never know they might surprise us.

As long as we're talking about things that will probably never be made I'd like to throw in my idea for

which would be just about the most awesome-est 'Scape spin-off I can think of.

GO TEAM VENTURE!
So every time the boys die, as long as the dad figure is on the board they can be recloned?
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:52 AM

Gdawg4 Woo who?
STARWARSSCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
So every time the boys die, as long as the dad figure is on the board they can be recloned?
Only if you've got the cloning machine that you get in the Venture complex large expansion, which is like the Marro Hive but just for Hank & Dean.
Old November 29th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I agree on the anti-anime front. If we thought the Hulk was bad, all of those guys would have to have point totals over 9000!
On the other hand, you'd probably have to draft them five games in advance to let them reach their full power.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion