Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old January 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Counter Drafting List

How about we gather a big list of counter drafting.
For example:
If opponent drafts "unit name", you draft "unit name or names"

After agreeing on best counters, we could add them to the list. Let me know what you think.
Old January 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Although it certainly sounds like what you are looking for is a more comprehensive and streamlined list, some ideas were presented here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...er=asc&start=0

I guess I'll start with some ideas.

Zettian Guards---> Izumi Samurai (Low movement and attack values turn Zettians into perfect counterstrike fodder)

Brunak---> Sir Denrick (one of the best uses for Giant Killer)

Roman Legionnaires---> Johnny Shotgun Sullivan/James Murphy (Shotgun blast might make them think twice about clumping together)

Deathwalker 9000---> Sonlen (30% chance to kill with dragon swoop)

Airborne Elite---> Krav Maga Agents (Stealth dodge.)

Krav Maga Agents---> Cyprien Esenwein (Stealth dodge doesn't work against Cyprien)

Cyprien Esenwein---> Major Q9, Braxas (Q9 will kill him slowly, and Braxas might kill him quickly, but they will both kill Cyprien first)

Major Q9---> Krug, Jotun (These two have enough life to engage, and enough power to destroy Q9.)

Braxas---> Marrden Hounds (Large size and a cheaper cost than deathstalkers make this squad a fine Braxas counter.

Krug---> Warriors of Ashra (Defensive agility avoids 9 attack dice just as well as 2)

Jotun---> Marro Warriors (well played and spread out marro warriors make Jotun a huge waste of points)

Warriors of Ashra--->Gladiatrons/Blastatrons (This combo ties up the ashra, and then avoids their special power by attacking at range. Any ranged squad will work fine too though.)

Marrden Hounds---> Deathreavers, Major X17 (These soulborgs can prevent their plague and lock them up.)

Deathreavers---> Nothing (I put nothing here because nothing is better for 40 points.)

Major X17---> Major Q9, Kaemon Awa (Special attacks negate X17's one gimmick and he dies unceremoniously)

In general, I feel that just about anything can be countered by a ton of the 'A+' units. I tried to think of other stuff where appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I would add these:

Deathwalker 8000 ---> Sonlen

Deathwalker 7000 ---> Sonlen, Deadeye Dan

Krav Maga Agents ---> Deadeye Dan

Nakita Agents ---> Deadeye Dan

Raelin ---> Airborne Elite, Isamu

Minions of Utgar ---> Deadeye Dan, Charos, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonlen

Sentinels of Jandar ---> Deadeye Dan, Charos, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonlen

Deathreavers ---> Kaemon Awa?

Cyprien Esenwein ---> Deathstalkers

Zombies of Morindan ---> Marrden Hounds

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Deathreavers --->anything with Disengage

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:52 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
I would add these:

Deathwalker 8000 ---> Sonlen

Deathwalker 7000 ---> Sonlen, Deadeye Dan

Krav Maga Agents ---> Deadeye Dan

Nakita Agents ---> Deadeye Dan

Raelin ---> Airborne Elite, Isamu

Minions of Utgar ---> Deadeye Dan, Charos, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonlen

Sentinels of Jandar ---> Deadeye Dan, Charos, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonlen

Deathreavers ---> Kaemon Awa?

Cyprien Esenwein ---> Deathstalkers

Zombies of Morindan ---> Marrden Hounds
I'd disagree about the marrden hounds being a good counter to the zombies. When your opponent drafts alot of zombies, draft braxas.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM

link10020 has disabled reputation
zombies - Old chomper!

No gruts? no glory!

- 10 to life for chicken abuse!!!

http://heroscapers.com/community/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:12 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by link10020
zombies - Old chomper!
You'll quickly get swarmed.
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Dund ---> anybody, anybody at all
Old January 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
I'd disagree about the marrden hounds being a good counter to the zombies. When your opponent drafts alot of zombies, draft braxas.
Braxas is good too, but I don't think you can overlook a 5-defense squad that plagues anything near it and can't rise again. Zombies love to swarm their enemies for the onslaught attack, and move slowly so are often clustered together. The Hounds can take full advantage of those things, and are immune to the Rise Again ability.

Not to mention if the Zombies catch up to Braxas (and yes, they can, moving 6 per turn), she won't like attacks of 6. However, she will be an effective counter most of the time.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Man, no one listed Cypriens counter draft as Major X17?
Death reavers - Gladatrons

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old January 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
deathreavers - Agent Carr

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast
Man, no one listed Cypriens counter draft as Major X17?
Death reavers - Gladatrons
I was gonna list X17 + Theracus - I think you need them both to effectively counter Cyprien. You can't catch him otherwise....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles