Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:59 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Looking for a 6-8 player map.

Hey everyone,
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and that means 3 things: Family, Food, and 'Scape! So it looks like I'll be able to get 6-8 people for a MMHSG (Massively Multiplayer HeroScape Game!). I'm looking for a map that use no more than: 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 Marvel, 1 TJ, and 1 FotA, and that uses as much of that as possible. I've tried looking around a bit for something that meets that requirement, but haven't really found anything. It would be really nice the start zones were a bit divided among the different types of terrain, meaning one person starts in the jungle, another in the castle, one in a dungeon, ect., but this is not a must.

My other thought, however, is if there isn't a map already like this, is to divide the terrain more or less evenly among everybody, and then everyone builds their start zones. Once they're complete, we would connect the start zones together. Has anybody tried something like this before, and if so, how did it go?

Thanks for the help!
The Silver Surfer.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Looking for a 6-8 player map.

6-8 player games are not fun. Take it from me.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:26 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
6-8 player games are not fun. Take it from me.
Sorry to hear your experience was sub-optimal. The Gang of Four (augmented version) has played numerous 6-player games, which have always been fun. A lot depends on the map/scenario and the units in play. And, obviously, you have never played Pirates!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1322
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

This one is probably a bit too much... right?

-insert signature here-
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

If your going to do a 6-8 player game I recommend doing "Enchanted Grounds" or "Taelord’s Coliseum." The rules can be found on the Heroscape website here: http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...nity/Designers

I played "Taelord's Coliseum" with a few of my friends a while ago when we had 6 people, and it was a lot of fun. "Enchanted Grounds" is probably closer to what you are looking for however. It's good for 8 players on 2 teams. It breaks the game down into two 2 vs 2 games.

There aren't any maps for either of them, but I'm sure finding or making a map for each of them won't be too hard.
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Hey everyone,
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and that means 3 things: Family, Food, and 'Scape! So it looks like I'll be able to get 6-8 people for a MMHSG (Massively Multiplayer HeroScape Game!). I'm looking for a map that use no more than: 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 Marvel, 1 TJ, and 1 FotA, and that uses as much of that as possible. I've tried looking around a bit for something that meets that requirement, but haven't really found anything. It would be really nice the start zones were a bit divided among the different types of terrain, meaning one person starts in the jungle, another in the castle, one in a dungeon, ect., but this is not a must.

My other thought, however, is if there isn't a map already like this, is to divide the terrain more or less evenly among everybody, and then everyone builds their start zones. Once they're complete, we would connect the start zones together. Has anybody tried something like this before, and if so, how did it go?

Thanks for the help!
The Silver Surfer.
Start zones should be flat to discourage turtling. I'd suggest giving each player a 24-hexer as a start zone, put a 7-hexer in the center, connect it to each start zone with a path/road of a particular length, and then have the players sequentially add terrain.
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

I might be able to VS one, but I don't know how to upload it or anything? Can you help?

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
If your going to do a 6-8 player game I recommend doing "Enchanted Grounds" or "Taelord’s Coliseum." The rules can be found on the Heroscape website here: http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...nity/Designers

I played "Taelord's Coliseum" with a few of my friends a while ago when we had 6 people, and it was a lot of fun. "Enchanted Grounds" is probably closer to what you are looking for however. It's good for 8 players on 2 teams. It breaks the game down into two 2 vs 2 games.

There aren't any maps for either of them, but I'm sure finding or making a map for each of them won't be too hard.
Enchanted Grounds

Taelord's Coliseum

However, neither of these fit within the limitations on materials outlined in the first post.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Ya think? Cool map though.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:24 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

That.. is awesome. Not that I'd ever be able to build it in six lifetimes, but... How many sets does that use, do you know?

And I'll take a look at the Enchanted Grounds, but as Lamaclown said, I think those require more than I have at my disposal.
Thanks for the help, and if anyone has more suggestions, keep 'em coming!
TSS

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

I would be willing to make one for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Atlaga View Post
I might be able to VS one, but I don't know how to upload it or anything? Can you help?
You need to be a contributor or site supporter to upload them on this site. Or you can use something like mediafire to host the files. (But they might only do PDFs.)
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Yeah thanks. I already emailed it to him though.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios