Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 10th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Fyorlag Spiders

Thank you all for the answer and welcomes.

I guess I overlooked the climbing down on the card because I always picture the figure just making a big jump down. Plus it was the guy I was playing with that neglected to tell me the details of it (wasn't his fault he was getting sleepy and it was near end game) and I thought it would be a good chance to make my first post on this site. Sorry for the haste.

MattWolf99 I do see the similarities between the spider/Sujoah and nagrub/hivelord combos, but I think they have too many differences to be considered alike apart from a weak squad bonding with a powerful hero. They don't seem anymore similar than other bonding squads. The KoW with Alastair and Heavy Gruts with Grimnack are just as closely related, more so in pt. values. Anyway, perhaps the spiders will branch out their bonding choices in the future with another predator, like Fire Ant King. Until then I can always boost them with The Mitten Warlord.
(See, I found some nicknames, abbreviations, and future unit speculation on this site already. Heroscapers.com is very well put together)
Old August 30th, 2008, 10:11 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Has anyone had much luck playing the spiders without Sujoah?

Old August 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I haven't tried either yet (so my opinion could change), but I think if you have one you should really have the other as well.

-insert signature here-
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
You ever have a peanut butter sandwich without peanut butter?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Depends how many squads of spiders you have.
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:49 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
The simple answer is actually written on the card, right under "Climb x3". It says "When moving up or down levels of terrain, Fyorlag Spiders may triple their height." I would suggest that next time you carefully read the card and/or rules to try and find the answer.

So as long as they are going down heights of 6 or less, they do not take falling damage. 7 or higher and they *thump* when they hit the ground.

And good job on posting in the correct spot.
Technically it would be 5 or less. Tripling their height gives them 6, thus they can move up or down 5 or less without falling.
Old August 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I think I may try it in my next fun game, just because.

P.S. Add in Runa, and you are nigh impossible to defeat

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got to see these guys in action for the first time today. Overall, they did fair, but didn't end up destroying their points worth. But with a unit like this destroying figures is not necesarrily their objective. I really like that you can Entangle with one trio, and move and attack with another. That really makes their ability more viable. I can also see now that if you're going to field the Spiders, you really ought to have Sujoah as well. On their own, they aren't nearly as useful as, say, the Deathreavers to which they are being compared.

On a side note, I really like the one Spider that looks like he's waving.

EDIT:
Yeah, this one...

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; September 7th, 2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes. I killed a one-wound Mimring the other day with two spiders on height !!! I love them !

BTW, it is funny that the spiders come with the jungle set since they are better on a terrain with no obstacles around (in order to use their Entangling Web).

Arañas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

They work extremely well for me, too. Without Sujoah, they got rid of 6 zombies single handedly, and got Zelrig down to 3 life. With Sujoah, they took out Zetacron, took out all four of the Airborne Elite, and partially wounded Wo-Sa-Ga.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I can't wait to try these guys in multiples. Unfortunately Wave 8 and 8,5 came out just before I left for a year as a foreign exchange student, so I only had a month to play with them. Back then we only had one squad of the Spiders, but we picked up three more TJ's through House Mouse (Thanks Sandra!) and I can't wait to field them all together!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sujoah is a minor favorite of mine. He has many uses, whether hoping to get that single wound on Q9 and using poison to finish him off, or using his massive movement to close in on a ranged hero like Syvarris, and taking him out quickly.

The spiders? I almost never use them, not even with Sujoah.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units