Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 31st, 2007, 12:40 AM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Virtualscape-Virtualscape question

I have downloaded maps off this site that where made in virtualscape, and wish to edit them to my liking. Is there anyway to take the downloaded maps and put them into virtualscape without me having to make them all over again?

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old October 31st, 2007, 01:24 AM

naps420 Woo who?
All you really need is the map's .hsc file. This is the format you save a map as, so you just open this file through VirtualScape and you have the map right there as it was saved as.
Old October 31st, 2007, 08:32 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
You know, there is a thread all about VS right above this one. You do not need to start a new thread everytime you have a thought.

If the download is in PDF form, you cannot load it into VS; if it is a .hsc file the only way to read it is in VS. If you downloaded a PDF and would like to change the map, you can contact the map creator, via PM, and politely ask for the .hsc. They might send it to you and they might not.
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:15 AM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Thanks, that'll save me a lotta time!

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
For some reason I can't open "Bridge over Crater Lake"

It is a 4ms map in the downloads section. Can someone possibly convert this to PDF for me??? It would be much appreciated!
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
please?
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:02 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
please?
'Er ya go: BOCL.PDF

By the way, it opened just fine in VirtualScape for me...
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:51 AM

Thanks a ton!
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:25 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Since this thread is about virtualscape stuff, can anybody direct me to threads that teaches how to convert virtualscape files to PDF?

Old November 13th, 2007, 03:44 PM

naps420 Woo who?
I can't find the thread offhand but all you need is a program called CutePDF. You can download it here http://www.cutepdf.com/

Once installed, open up the map in VirtualScape that you want to be made into a PDF. You should open up a 3D view of the map and find yourself a good image that you want to be posted on the .pdf's cover. Once you find a good angle, click File, then Print (Make sure you keep the 3D view window open to the image you want). Where it shows you the name of your printer, change this to CutePDF (Which should now be listed if you have CutePDF installed). Once you have CutePDF selected, click OK and it will bring up a new window asking you to name the .pdf file. Once named, click ok once again and it will then create a .pdf file that has the cover picture and title, step-by-step instructions, and it will also display anything that you placed in Map Parameters (such as special rules, map requiments, ect..). Hope this helps your out.
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naps420
I can't find the thread offhand but all you need is a program called CutePDF. You can download it here http://www.cutepdf.com/

Once installed, open up the map in VirtualScape that you want to be made into a PDF. You should open up a 3D view of the map and find yourself a good image that you want to be posted on the .pdf's cover. Once you find a good angle, click File, then Print (Make sure you keep the 3D view window open to the image you want). Where it shows you the name of your printer, change this to CutePDF (Which should now be listed if you have CutePDF installed). Once you have CutePDF selected, click OK and it will bring up a new window asking you to name the .pdf file. Once named, click ok once again and it will then create a .pdf file that has the cover picture and title, step-by-step instructions, and it will also display anything that you placed in Map Parameters (such as special rules, map requiments, ect..). Hope this helps your out.
Thanks for the tip naps. I downloaded CutePDF and istalled it. But my virtualscape can't detect CutePDF when I search it in the printing option. Do you know where to go to fix the configuration for this?

Does this have anything to do with the "The OpenGL for shadowing are not available!" message? Because I can't take photos and activate shadowing.

Old November 15th, 2007, 04:46 AM

naps420 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
Thanks for the tip naps. I downloaded CutePDF and istalled it. But my virtualscape can't detect CutePDF when I search it in the printing option. Do you know where to go to fix the configuration for this?

Does this have anything to do with the "The OpenGL for shadowing are not available!" message? Because I can't take photos and activate shadowing.
Not sure how to help you out with CutePDF not showing up as an option for priniting. On mine, CutePDF is not set as the default printer, but it shows up on the pull down list as a printing source option. Did you install CutePDF while VirtualScape was running? This is the only thing I could think of besides it not being installed properly, but I doubt this is your problem. This shouldn't have anything to do with your OpenGL problem. That's a graphical problem and shouldn't effect printing options.

My only real suggestion would be to uninstall CutePDF and try reinstalling it back to your system (if you changed the path the first time, allow it to install to the default path), then load up VirtualScape and try it again.

*edit- Try this download called PS2PDF http://www.cutepdf.com/download/converter.exe
This is something required that your system may not have currently.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software