Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 28th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Agents of Atlas Workshop

I do like that power, but I'm definitely a little worried about diverging from the aesthetic I'm shooting for with that version. Kinda borderline, I guess, because it's not really that complicated, it's just a little long.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I do like that power, but I'm definitely a little worried about diverging from the aesthetic I'm shooting for with that version. Kinda borderline, I guess, because it's not really that complicated, it's just a little long.
To me, 3 simple powers actually sells that kind of theme better than 2 more complex powers. Looking at classic, I'd say someone like the Venoc Warlord is "simple" even though he has 3 powers, mainly because those 3 powers all all just a sentence long.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
To me, 3 simple powers actually sells that kind of theme better than 2 more complex powers. Looking at classic, I'd say someone like the Venoc Warlord is "simple" even though he has 3 powers, mainly because those 3 powers all all just a sentence long.
Yeah, purely short, simple powers would be best. Gorilla-Man already has one power on the long side, so longer ones aren't a firm no. I just don't want cards with multiple long powers.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just looked into this series. looks like 3 Trades and I'm done. I'm sure I'll be reading this soon. Volume 1 is one TPB, and Volume 2 is two TPB. Do you recommend both Volumes?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, purely short, simple powers would be best. Gorilla-Man already has one power on the long side, so longer ones aren't a firm no. I just don't want cards with multiple long powers.
If it were my design I’d actually throw on the Death Ray and then if the card is looking too complex, simplify the Entangling Arms power.

I’m really liking this faction. I’m going to talk personally for a second, but I’ll throw it in a spoiler cause it’s off topic.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; August 29th, 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Symbiotic

I'm not sure how it's collected because I read it in issues, but I recommend the whole run. I think there should also be a third volume just titled 'Atlas' rather than 'Agents of Atlas'
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If it were my design I’d actually throw on the Death Ray and then if the card is looking too complex, simplify the Entangling Arms power.

I’m really liking this faction. I’m going to talk personally for a second, but I’ll throw it in a spoiler cause it’s off topic.
Spoiler Alert!
Yeah, maybe Entangling Arms is the thing that needs to give. Death Ray and Restoration Enchantment is a pretty cool card.

I really recommend giving the comics a shot if you have a chance. Appreciate the perspective on why you like what you like here - thanks for sharing.
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for sharing MrNobody. I play with my son and his friends mostly. He's nearly 11 and has been around this since 4 but his friends struggle sometimes. I've been trying to find a way to create a straight forward team as well. The JSA figures almost fit the bill as well so give them a go.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Symbiotic

Alright, here's a version totally without Entangling Arms, just to see how that feels. Range on this version. Gotta represent those arms one way or another:

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #010 / M-11.

NAME = HUMAN ROBOT
SECRET IDENTITY = M-11

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = TACITURN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = upper 100s - 200?

DEATH RAY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Human Robot. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by this special attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. If a Unique Hero receives at least one wound from this special attack and has 2 or fewer Life remaining, you may destroy that Hero. This special attack may only be used once per game.

RESTORATION ENCHANTMENT
After placing Order Markers and before rolling for initiative, remove a Wound Marker from this card, even if Human Robot is destroyed. If the last Wound Marker is removed from this card while Human Robot is destroyed, place Human Robot adjacent to any figure you control. When Human Robot is destroyed, start the next round with exactly 5 Wound Markers on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Just A Head

Okay here's a take on what I'd like out of him, feel free to take or leave whatever you want, obviously.
Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #010 / M-11.

NAME = HUMAN ROBOT
SECRET IDENTITY = M-11

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = TACITURN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4?
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = upper 100s - 200?

ENTANGLING ARMS 14
If an opponent's figure moves onto a space adjacent to M-11 you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher they must immediately end their movement.

DEATH RAY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
This special attack may only be used once per round.

RESTORATION ENCHANTMENT
After placing Order Markers and before rolling for initiative, remove a Wound Marker from this card, even if Human Robot is destroyed. If the last Wound Marker is removed from this card while Human Robot is destroyed, place Human Robot adjacent to any figure you control. When Human Robot is destroyed, start the next round with exactly 5 Wound Markers on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
3 powers but simple.
-I'm not quite satisfed with Death Ray because there are so many other cool versions in this thread.
-A new Entangling Arms is back because it feels a shame to lose the D20 roll for a guy who gets boosted D20 rolls.
-Restoration Enhancement is still the most complex power on here, but it is tough to make any simpler, unless it was done more like Hasbro Thanos or Jason. That would give the benefit of D20 synergy, but I just think the Doomsday style rebuilding is so much cooler.
Old August 29th, 2018, 12:51 PM
A Man of Taste

Just spent about $20 buying the 3 digital trades. Downloading to my kindle now. Guess what I'm doing for lunch?

Old August 29th, 2018, 01:13 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Just spent about $20 buying the 3 digital trades. Downloading to my kindle now. Guess what I'm doing for lunch?
You won’t regret it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy