Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 11th, 2009, 08:34 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Thoughts on Sir dupius.

I agree. I think Dupuis has a place in a Gilbert / KoW army. You don't have to worry about putting OM's on him early, because one or two moves with him catches him up to the pack. I can see Gilbert and the Knights doing their thing early, and then Dupuis charges in and smites any big piece that becomes a threat.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman View Post
Sir Dupuis may be most effective when you have already lost Sir Gilbert and your knights are dwindling. I see him as the "Optimus Prime" of the knights, charging in taking people down and trying to turn the tide.
+rep for that awesome quote!

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

Thanks for getting the feel of what I was saying. What an ugly run-on I made, though.
Old April 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like Dupius, I honestly do. I know he isnt usually worth his points, but he is a fun character. The ONLY thing that drive me nuts about him is his name. My background is eastern european, and the name Dupius is VERY close to the word which is the swear word for someones rear end.

SOOOOO, then every time i say or hear "Sir Dupius" i have a very unflattering visual image....
Old April 11th, 2009, 02:24 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Careful with the spelling there folks -- "Dupuis" and "Dupius" is a big difference for my mental images. As written in the title of the thread I can't help but think about a Knight of Monty Python.

My Recent Plays:
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I like Dupius, I honestly do. I know he isnt usually worth his points, but he is a fun character. The ONLY thing that drive me nuts about him is his name. My background is eastern european, and the name Dupius is VERY close to the word which is the swear word for someones rear end.

SOOOOO, then every time i say or hear "Sir Dupius" i have a very unflattering visual image....
It's French. Du Puis, "Of the Well." Also theGuru's actual last name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Quote:
Sir Dupuis may be most effective when you have already lost Sir Gilbert and your knights are dwindling. I see him as the "Optimus Prime" of the knights, charging in taking people down and trying to turn the tide.
Yeah, just like Optimus Prime. Except he forgot his laser cannon and had to settle for a .22.
Old April 11th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I would of hoped that Du Puis ment something different in french. If not....geeesshhh.
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Quote:
Chee-Choo-Chau-Choo-Choo - "Jandarbots, Roll Out"

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 12th, 2009, 12:09 AM

4winds Woo who?

Concan 80 ,Ralin 160 ,Sir Gilbert 265 ,Sir Dupuis 415 ,KoW 485 my favorite Jandar army works well for Dupuis ,KoW,Concan,and Gilberts Aura.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion