Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 5th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
One approach would be to give Constantine a nice d20 manipulation power. He already can affect the opponent's roll, maybe just allow him to also use it on allies so he essentially gets to roll twice and take whichever result.

That would already make him a great combo with Zatanna I, Man-Bat, and what Scape has planned for Deadman. Then throw something d20 related on a Swamp Thing II, Madame Xanadu, and Shade etc.(any designs left to be made essentially). With Zatanna II I can give her something that will also help the team.

Frankenstein combos with Creatures, so you could already include him on the team to get a double turn with Man-Bat and a Swamp Thing II if you go the Creature route.

I guess my point is, you can make it so they play well together without going the class specific route. Just design their powers to accentuate each other. Since half of them haven't even been designed, that's a pretty easy approach to work out. Give one of them an attack boost, and Frank will love them. So on and so forth...
I'm sure I could give Detective Chimp some D20 power to work with too, so I'm down for this

(I'll concede Diana but I refuse to not get Detective Chimp in on the JLD action. I draw the line in the sand at Bobo. He will have his day. HE WILL HAVE HIS DAY!... it's 1 AM)

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 5th, 2018, 08:56 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Okay, so out of this list, which are the ones we really want to focus on as the group that will work together? I think it's agreed Zatanna, Constantine. and Deadman are musts, Alexan said Black Orchid, Madame Xanadu, and Nightmare Nurse were there for a long time. From what I know about the characters, I'm guessing we can scratch off Phantom Stranger and Pandora, right? Anyone else that can be solidly sorted into the get-rid pile?
Swamp Thing is a must too- he kicked about with them a fair amount

I'd say everyone else is pretty secondary (except Detective Chimp but that's more personal)

Potentially worth noting, I think Xanadu put the team together largely in the first place iirc so I'd totally give her something to boost the others

Old November 5th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
One approach would be to give Constantine a nice d20 manipulation power. He already can affect the opponent's roll, maybe just allow him to also use it on allies so he essentially gets to roll twice and take whichever result.

That would already make him a great combo with Zatanna I, Man-Bat, and what Scape has planned for Deadman. Then throw something d20 related on a Swamp Thing II, Madame Xanadu, and Shade etc.(any designs left to be made essentially). With Zatanna II I can give her something that will also help the team.

Frankenstein combos with Creatures, so you could already include him on the team to get a double turn with Man-Bat and a Swamp Thing II if you go the Creature route.

I guess my point is, you can make it so they play well together without going the class specific route. Just design their powers to accentuate each other. Since half of them haven't even been designed, that's a pretty easy approach to work out. Give one of them an attack boost, and Frank will love them. So on and so forth...
Could any one of them fit a power that somehow benefits figures that are on other figure's cards? I could see Shade going on cards along with Deadman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Okay, so out of this list, which are the ones we really want to focus on as the group that will work together? I think it's agreed Zatanna, Constantine. and Deadman are musts, Alexan said Black Orchid, Madame Xanadu, and Nightmare Nurse were there for a long time. From what I know about the characters, I'm guessing we can scratch off Phantom Stranger and Pandora, right? Anyone else that can be solidly sorted into the get-rid pile?

I'd say everyone else is pretty secondary (except Detective Chimp but that's more personal)

Potentially worth noting, I think Xanadu put the team together largely in the first place iirc so I'd totally give her something to boost the others
Okay so like this?

John Constantine
Zatanna
Deadman
Black Orchid
Madame Xanadu
Nightmare Nurse
Swamp Thing

Rac Shade
Detective Chimp
(We both seem pretty passionate about these guys so might as well throw them into the discussion)

Anybody else feel like something deserves to be on that list? I think it would be worth discussing bringing Frank and the creatures along too.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Could any one of them fit a power that somehow benefits figures that are on other figure's cards? I could see Shade going on cards along with Deadman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Okay so like this?

John Constantine
Zatanna
Deadman
Black Orchid
Madame Xanadu
Nightmare Nurse
Swamp Thing

Rac Shade
Detective Chimp
(We both seem pretty passionate about these guys so might as well throw them into the discussion)
This seems pretty much the core team that I remember- but it's been at least three years since I read the original JLD and I don't remember it all that well (this is what happens when you read the entire New 52)

Old November 5th, 2018, 09:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of expanding Riding the Synchronicity Highway to include your d20 allies d20 rolls too. Then he becomes a good ally to have with anyone that has a decent d20 power. Since you can turn off the two d20 rolls, pick one, mechanic by wounding him it will make him a bit of a target but at least it is an easy enough counter.

Good call on the Black Adam power idea, reminds me that the Condemn spell would be a good thing for Constantine and Zatanna to have in their back pocket.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = JOHN CONSTANTINE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MAGICIAN
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

CON ARTIST
When John Constantine is targeted by an opponent's figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, John Constantine may not be targeted during this figures turn.

RIDING THE SYNCHRONICITY HIGHWAY
Anytime the 20-sided die is rolled for a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of John Constantine, you may roll a 20-sided die. You may choose your new roll in place of the original roll. If John Constantine receives one or more Wound Markers from an attack or special ability, he may not use Riding the Synchronicity Highway for the rest of the round.

LAUGHING MAGICIAN
John Constantine may cast Spells as if he had the Magical Defense special power. An opponent's figure cannot use the Magical Defense special power when defending against an attack from John Constantine.
Okay, why don't we start here then? Just a slight modification of l_m's take.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just to be clear, I am willing to run him as a public design if needed but I'm not placing an exclusive claim on him. If someone else want to run with him I have no problem watching from the sidelines here. I haven't seen Laughing post in quite a while but I'd guess he's be happy to see the card finally get done even if it isn't by him.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Just to follow up on that last post, I am allowed to run two designs at once and I only currently have 1 design thread going so I do have an open slot with which I could launch his thread if you all decide that what you want me to do. I'll run it in the public so that everyone can continue to have input and so the design is released right away and thus can be used in future play testing.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just to be clear, I am willing to run him as a public design if needed but I'm not placing an exclusive claim on him. If someone else want to run with him I have no problem watching from the sidelines here. I haven't seen Laughing post in quite a while but I'd guess he's be happy to see the card finally get done even if it isn't by him.
Honestly if you or anybody else wants to run that design I certainly wouldn't complain, but I also would like to see it get done, so I'll do it if nobody else wants to.

I could see re-designing Con Artist so it meshes better with whatever ends up happening. I like the basic concept, but I also think it's the dullest part of the card.

So to me, it makes sense to analyze this in the sense of what each character provides and needs providing. Constantine obviously provides a boost for any allies who rely on a D20. What he needs is protection, because if Con Artist fails, he's a sitting duck. So either something that gets his base defense up, keeps him from failing his Con Artist roll, or otherwise keeps wounds off his card. Am I on the mark?

I'm getting into this daisy-chain/spider-web light synergy idea. For example, Swamp Thing needs Green in order to thrive, but he has a magician that can place tiles to help him out, and that magician has John to help with their D20 rolls, and so on and so on.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just to follow up on that last post, I am allowed to run two designs at once and I only currently have 1 design thread going so I do have an open slot with which I could launch his thread if you all decide that what you want me to do. I'll run it in the public so that everyone can continue to have input and so the design is released right away and thus can be used in future play testing.
Yeah, if that's something you want to do, that'd be awesome. The one hook is the mini, which is $15 currently. (But with a cheap proxy.) Someone is going to have to provide pics for that.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Oh wow, I didn't realize he was so limited on minis after all this time. Yeah, that could be a problem. I feel like I've seen another generic figure with a very similar trench coat that could be used as a proxy but I don't recall what the figures name was.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Just A Head

This guy?

I think he's so limited on minis because he spent so long in the limbo that is Vertigo, not quite in the DC universe proper. I'm glad to see that the Young Animal characters seem to be getting minis much sooner though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy