Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 18th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Zits/acne

I will try proactiv, it sounds like it will work. Thanks for the help.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Do you drink a lot of milk? Milk every day can cause terrible acne. Just cut the milk and take calcium carbonate supplements.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Do you drink a lot of milk? Milk every day can cause terrible acne. Just cut the milk and take calcium carbonate supplements.
I love milk. I never knew that.

Huh...

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know this isn't going to help you too much Bravey (you're in the wrong part of the country) but it might help someone else later.

When I had acne it seemed like the only thing that really worked was going to the beach. I went to the dermatologist and got all of their stuff (never worked) and tried the Oxy-pads (didn't work, and they burned) as well as a couple other over-the counter products but nothing seemed to work as well as sun and saltwater.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

Step 1: Drink water. Half your body wiegh in ounces actually. If you weight 120, drink 60 oz of water.
Step 2: Wash your face as soon as you get up. Notice new blackheads and whiteheads appear in the morning? That's because grease builds up at night. Even if all you have is hot water, use it.
Step 3: Before washing, exfoliate and scrub. Relieving pores is much harder if you don't, for two reasons. One being that you pores are tightened, leaving less room to relieve and grease or sebum in your skin. Two being that there is dead skin on yop of it, which could be blocking a lot of pores from absorbing anything to cleanse them.
Step 4: After exfoliating, apply products made for the skin, not soap! Soap in basic on the Ph scale, above 7, which means it will only make it worse.
Step 5: Apply an astringent. These are very acidic liquids you can rub on your face with cotton pads or balls. This will burn! Don't worry, it just means it's working, and the more it burns, the worse your acne is. after a while it won't hurt as much. Witch hazel also works as an astringent.
Step 6: apply any mtopical ointments the dermatologist may have given you after everything, unless directed otherwise. You should ask your dermatologist about something called. Differin. It works great.

Sources:
I'm 14, and battling it too! But I'm winning!

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

...and always please, please remember that you are getting advice from people over the internet and that they are no substitute for consulting with an expert.

~Aldin, zit poppingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:16 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

True....

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I know this isn't going to help you too much Bravey (you're in the wrong part of the country) but it might help someone else later.

When I had acne it seemed like the only thing that really worked was going to the beach. I went to the dermatologist and got all of their stuff (never worked) and tried the Oxy-pads (didn't work, and they burned) as well as a couple other over-the counter products but nothing seemed to work as well as sun and saltwater.
The humid air probably opened up some pores, too.
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Make sure you're not scrubbing your face too hard. That will only make it spread.

I used to break out badly when I was younger. I still can even at 34 yrs. old if I don't maintain it.

Someone mentioned it already, but it's worth repeating. Change your pillowcase daily. Bacteria builds up on it something fierce. Change your sheets as well atleast once a week.

I used benzoyl peroxide products and it helped me. 5% no more, otherwise it dries your skin out too much and burns. Salicylic acid never really helped me, only made it worse.

Hope that helps.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Proactiv, regular cleaning, and if nothing else works, they might put you on Accutane, but only if you actually have serious acne (most people who think they do, really don't. Trust me on this).

I used Accutane and it is simply amazing. Never had acne issues ever again, but you do NOT, NOT, NOT have sex while on it. You cannot afford to get a girl preggers while on that ****. No long term side effects (after a couple months its safely purged from your system) but take that one serious.

I had the exact same problem, no matter what I ate or how often I cleaned, nothing worked until that. Hopefully you won't have to go that far.
My buddy was on that and it made him SUPER moody and aggressive. He has been off of it for several weeks now and it is getting better, but I would suggest that as a last result. It turned my friend into a MAJOR dick.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Go to a dermatologist. He will prescribe doxycycline in a low dosage. It will totally kill the zits.

Furthermore, you get additional protection from Chlamydia!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General