Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Shadows Over Gotham: C3G Scenario - Design Phase

Yep. The secret with the story aspect of these is to give people just enough. Don't confuse them with too many details.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, first post updated with an image (taken from the Sewer Entrance thread - do I need a new one, since its the same map and all?), a link to the download, and an tweaked bio.

How's it look?
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the castle door needs to be entirely removed for this scenario. Other than that, I think it's ready for playtesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I think the door might might overcomplicate a bit. I'd be willing to add it back, but, dropped for now.

And at risk of jumping the gun a bit, I PROPOSE SHADOWS OVER GOTHAM BE MOVED TO THE PLAYTESTING PHASE!
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

GOAL:

Destroy all of your opponents' figures.

SETUP:
The Castle Door is not used in this Scenario.

Player 1's Army consists of Batman: Bruce Wayne, Robin: Tim Drake, and Alfred. These units do not start the game on the battlefield.

Player 2's Army consists of the Penguin and 2 squads of Street Thugs and starts in the red starting zone.

Player 3's Army consists of Black Mask and 2 squads of Street Thugs and starts in the blue starting zone.

Place Harley Quinn in the purple starting zone.

SPECIAL RULES:
Batman, Robin, and Alfred do not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever Player 1 reveals an Order Marker on one of these figures, if that figure is not yet on the board, you may place them on any unoccupied space on the board. If any figures are not on the battlefield at the end of Round 1, they must be placed then.

Harley Quinn does not begin the game under the control of any player. If Batman is destroyed, the player that destroyed him will gain control of Harley Quinn.

Figures may move through water spaces on the sewer level without stopping. A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space on the sewer level that turn.

VICTORY:
When the other side has no figures left on the battlefield, your side wins. If the battle reaches the end of Round 12, then the battle is over and the player or team with the most points on the battlefield wins(see Scoring on page 14 in the Heroscape Marvel Rules guide).

MAP BIO: A derelict building lays abandoned on an empty street. Vacated by the rats long ago, it speaks not a sound. In the sounds of whispers that echo below it's floor it has a secret to tell.

Who or what have made the sewers below their home? And what lies beyond that door?

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest
Quote:
GOAL:
Destroy all of your opponents' figures with the aid of Harley Quinn.

SETUP:
The Fortress Door should not be placed in the Doorway for this scenario.

Player 1 brings the pre-made army of Batman: Bruce Wayne, Robin: Tim Drake, and Alfred. These units do not start the game on the battlefield.

Player 2 brings the pre-made army of Penguin and 2 squads of Street Thugs and starts in the red starting zone.

Player 3 brings the pre-made army of Black Mask and 2 squads of Street Thugs and starts in the blue starting zone.

Place Harley Quinn in the purple starting zone.

SPECIAL RULES:
From Out of the Shadows: Batman, Robin, and Alfred do not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever Player 1 reveals an Order Marker on one of these figures, if that figure is not yet on the battlefield, you may place them on any unoccupied space on the battlefield and take a turn as normal. If any figures are not on the battlefield at the end of Round 1, Player 1 must immediately place them on any unoccupied space on the battlefield.

A New Ally: If Batman is destroyed by an opponent, the opponent takes control over Harley Quinn and her Army Card. That player must immediately place Harley Quinn on any unoccupied space on the battlefield on level 1.

SPLASH OF FOOTSTEPS: Figures may move through the water spaces on level 1 without stopping. A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space that turn.

VICTORY:
When the other player has no figures left on the battlefield you win. If the battle reaches the end of Round 8, then the game is over and the player with the most figures on the battlefield wins. (See Scoring on page 14 in the Heroscape Marvel Rules guide).

MAP BIO: A derelict building lays abandoned on an empty street. Vacated by the rats long ago, it speaks not a sound. In the sounds of whispers that echo below it's floor it has a secret to tell.

Who or what have made the sewers below their home? And what lies beyond that door?

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest
  1. Text from Jungle Guardians Scenario
  2. Text from A City Overrun Scenario.
  3. Text from just about every Scenario that has similar text.
  4. Harley Quinn shouldn't be on the battlefield at all, because people may want to attack her, and who would roll defense dice?
  5. So many reasons, too many to count.
  6. What if Player 1 (controlling Batman) kills Batman with a falling damage or with Robin attacking? That is a theme break and also not the intention.
  7. What is a sewer level? We cannot use terms like that. I am fine with just making this a blanket "all water" power.
  8. Special rules are so much more fun when each one has a power name.
  9. Text from A Very Mad Genius scenario
This is why scenarios have been kept from us for so long, because we haven't been trusted to PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. And when it comes to scenarios, the devil is absolutely in the details.

I vote NAY to the proposition, as changes need to be made, and much more discussion and THOUGHT needs to go into this. I cannot be here to save every scenario each time one of us gets the idea for one. Please, if you are interested in scenarios, take the time to work things out and read up on current scenarios before trying to push them through. This scenario hadn't been up for 3 days yet and we are already trying to go to playtesting? I can assure you, each official scenario and each C3G scenario had a lot more forethought put into it than "almost 3 days".

Last edited by Griffin; January 5th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Harley Quinn shouldn't be on the battlefield at all, because people may want to attack her, and who would roll defense dice?
The only problem I have with that is, honestly, I can't imagine anyone going into the sewer without her down there. Everyone starts on the upper level. Who would give up height to swoop down into the sewer? It's a wasted battlefield.

Quote:
What is a sewer level? We cannot use terms like that. I am fine with just making this a blanket "all water" power.
That one was taken directly from the original map, so, if there's a problem with it, it should probably be corrected there, too.

Otherwise, big thanks because I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants here. I'll update the first post when I have more time.
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Harley Quinn shouldn't be on the battlefield at all, because people may want to attack her, and who would roll defense dice?
The only problem I have with that is, honestly, I can't imagine anyone going into the sewer without her down there. Everyone starts on the upper level. Who would give up height to swoop down into the sewer? It's a wasted battlefield.
It is called an imagination. You have to imagine she is down there and you are looking for her, just like you have to imagine the threat of Batman showing up is real. Also, by having her on the map, you create a lot of FAQ situations because anyone can attack her, but who rolls defense for her? Who moves her when she rolls shields? Who gets the points when she is destroyed? etc.
Quote:
Quote:
What is a sewer level? We cannot use terms like that. I am fine with just making this a blanket "all water" power.
That one was taken directly from the original map, so, if there's a problem with it, it should probably be corrected there, too.

Otherwise, big thanks because I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants here. I'll update the first post when I have more time.
I think the "sewer level" terminology worked fine before because it was a casual map, but it isn't ideal there either. This is a scenario and we have the burden of answering every potential question players may have before they even ask them. The Devil is in the details.

I know this is your first C3G Scenario Rodeo, but I expect all of us to treat each scenario as if we were hired to create it for Hasbro. Do your homework, read the other scenarios, model your wording after Super Scenarios if possible then the Classic Scenario, etc.

Last edited by Griffin; January 5th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why don't we just have Harley appear on any unoccupied space on level 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM

I could support a level 1 addition quozl. Good call. We could do the same thing for the water power too if there is water anywhere else on the battlefield.
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM

A New Ally: If Batman is destroyed by an opponent, the opponent takes control over Harley Quinn and her Army Card. That player must immediately place Harley Quinn on any unoccupied space on the battlefield on level 1.

SPLASH OF FOOTSTEPS: Figures may move through the water spaces on level 1 without stopping. A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space that turn.

UPDATED
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Isn't the water technically on level 2 though?
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Isn't the water technically on level 2 though?
I really don't know. I can't open up file right now. I was just going on what quozl said. Whatever level the water is on, that should be the number used in my rewrite.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios