Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

View Poll Results: What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Unsliced Bread 7 38.89%
Bread and Water 5 27.78%
Anything to Avoid Starvation 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Balantai Battlescape

Completed and Featured Sets:

Government Agents
Spoiler Alert!

Original X-Men
Spoiler Alert!

Arkham's Finest
Spoiler Alert!

Sinister "Six"
Spoiler Alert!

The Outsiders
Spoiler Alert!

Here are a list of all of my customs (Most are being revised):
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Balantai; February 27th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old April 11th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: My First Custom - Balantai

I haven't been too active in this side of the customs section, but he's one character I know pretty well because of the old cartoons and movies and whatnot.

I mostly have just a few questions about his powers, and some slight wording fixes.

For Healing Factor, do you take a wound off and/or roll during your opponent's turns as well? That's what the current wording looks like. Or is it just your turns? Wolverine's turns? When he comes back after being destroyed, it should probably say adjacent instead of next to. That's the way other cards usually do it.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but when I read Adamantium Claws I first read the word defenders as if it were a Class of figures, like "All Soldiers you control..." Maybe simply replacing the word defenders with figures would make it less ambiguous, and if you still want him to tear through the breakable wall or the Fortress Door, it could say all figures and destructible objects...

I like Bezerker Rage. It might be trying to do too much with one power, but it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G Card Reviews:

Doctor Doom
She-Hulk

Last edited by Balantai; April 12th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I misworded healing factor because of D&D. I meant "At the beginning of every round". I hate that the two terms are reversed. Regardless, thank you very much for your imput. Here is an updated version.
That's understandable. Lots of people have made the same mistake when using Alastair MacDirk and lots of other classic figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM

scotty Woo who?

woo hoo you used my x-men color scheme for the card!!
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Robin
Starfire
Cyborg
Raven
Doctor Doom
Incredible Hulk
Wildcat
Iceman
Shadowcat
Colossus
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine

Last edited by Balantai; June 27th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM

scotty Woo who?

I wanted to give ya a heads up, if your interested i was gonna nominate your wolverine for nm24 next, since they need a good wolverine and it matched my x-men!!
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
I wanted to give ya a heads up, if your interested i was gonna nominate your wolverine for nm24 next, since they need a good wolverine and it matched my x-men!!
I would be honored.
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My First Custom - Wolverine

I'd change FEROCIOUS to WILD. It would give him more synergy with existing units...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So who's next Balantai?

I'm lovin' your Wolverine so much, I gotta have more cowbell!

Yeah, yeah, I know you're busy with the NM24 business...
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
So who's next Balantai?

I'm lovin' your Wolverine so much, I gotta have more cowbell!

Yeah, yeah, I know you're busy with the NM24 business...
I'm still debating who to create next. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stay within the X-Men. I think I might go with either Cyclops or Storm. I really want to concentrate on giving them good synergy with each other. I'm thinking about giving Cyclops an ability that gives all mutants in an area of effect +1 attack while giving Storm an ability that gives all mutants in an area of effect +1 Def or +1 Move.

I also have an idea with Jean Gray when she might have very limited attacks, but has wonderful support. I like the idea of allowing Jean Gray to move fellow X-Men around the board as if they had flying. But we'll see. Right now I'm flooded with ideas and need to focus on one character at a time.
Old April 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cyclops and Storm are both nice choices. We did have a Cyclops get NM24ed recently... not that it should stop you from putting your own spin on him. I like your ideas, especially Storm giving a +1 Def... like she's moving in some fog to make her allies harder to hit or something. If I ever make my own Cyclops, he'll also have a Captain America-like +1 attack to nearby allies, to portray his position as the X-Men's Field Commander.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations