Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 17th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Lotus Customs - Avatar of Sobek, Avatar of Mahodora - 08/25

This thread will be for all my Heroscape Classic custom figures.

I know there are many Marro fans, so let's pool some thoughts and see how he turns out shall we.
He still needs priced and some other things updated, but otherwise looks like a fine start to me. I need some comments for the cost though.

Whipped up this Gourd Mantis, had the figure and the thoughts for a long while now, and I finally think I figured out how to design him. EDIT: Fixed up the Bio more and fixed a couple spelling errors on the card.

The Dunkurth Hornets are one of my oldest customs actually, but the card has since been lost, thankfully I had an old card that was made on Fl0dski's templates handy, so I used that to rebuild the card, also adjusted them to be for Aquilla instead of Ullar. Otherwise this is identical to their old card.

Dunkurth Hornets Bio
The Dunkurth Hornets are from the deep Jungles of Marr, they are often seen swarming against the Marro, alongside their tentative allies the Venoc. The Dunkurth have only a very basic instinct survival, however they bear enough intelligence to understand if they do not make allies, they will not survive.

Tusked Beetle
I thought having a support based unit might be clever, this unit is designed to be a protector of a weaker squad, but gaining a bonus and giving a bonus, however, being a common hero, only has one life.

Lutau
The Lutau figures are older ones I made a long while ago, however once again, the original card files were lost, so I made some new ones. I decided to also make these Aqullia as they have something very natural and vaguely insectish about them.

Bladelings - These are a common unit for the Lutau, they get a double attack, but overall are fairly weak. They require a Lutau Nobleman to be in your army to be able to purchase them.

Taku - Taku is a Lutau Noble, therefore required by the Bladelings, on his own he is merely a decent fighter with no real strengths or weaknesses.

Tul'Than - Tul'Than is a sorcerer, with the ability to practically guarantee hits as well as summon lightining, he is the only Lutau with a ranged attack.

Anis - Anis is the mother of all Lutau, she gives a great bonus while alive, and a very helpful one if she dies as well, overall she is not that powerful though and can be killed quickly. Unfortunately Anis' figure is rare and usually seems to be around $15, though I would really like to get a hold of her, I haven't yet. If you have one that you are willing to get rid of PM me, maybe we can work something out.

Avatar of Sobek - I saw this figure and it just screamed Sobek from Egyptian Mythology, I am thinking the Impale attack is sorta redundant though, I may make a defensive ability for him instead.

Avatar of Mahodora - This figure looked really cool so I deemed him an Avatar of some deity. I tried to only loosely base him on reality though. Gave him a slew of sweet abilities he is very powerful, but dangerous to use.

Old August 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
What if you made him some sort of wulsinu and he bonded with marro warlords?

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 17th, 2007, 10:53 AM

The Wulsini are just the dogs right? That wouldn't make much sense as it is not an animal, it looks more like a deformed humanoid. There are also the Nargrubs, but I think they are the funky head things on the new guys.
Perhaps Marrden Cerebrilith for a name, it incorporates the real name of the critter, and pushes the mental control type idea I originally had.

I really like the first ability I gave it, perhaps I'll just give it that and Warwitch bonding.
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:11 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
The Wulsini are just the dogs right? That wouldn't make much sense as it is not an animal, it looks more like a deformed humanoid. There are also the Nargrubs, but I think they are the funky head things on the new guys.
Perhaps Marrden Cerebrilith for a name, it incorporates the real name of the critter, and pushes the mental control type idea I originally had.

I really like the first ability I gave it, perhaps I'll just give it that and Warwitch bonding.
Yea the wulsinu are just the dogs. You make it however you want, I've seen the figure on the web sight I remember it looking more dog like than humanoid but you do whatever you want. It's your custom.

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 17th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Added a possible card.
Old August 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM

redic_rogue_07 has disabled reputation
I would change the wording on the first ability to unit instead of model.
Old August 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by redic_rogue_07
I would change the wording on the first ability to unit instead of model.
Then I would change it to 'figure' instead of 'unit'. :P That would be consistent with official wording.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:58 PM

I added the Gourd Mantis above, will fix the Marro later, and give him a cost.
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:16 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Your marro guy looks cool. Where did you find the Aquilla blank? Why is the curve along the right-hand side of the abilities text curve the wrong way?
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM

I got the card from Annerios, who made it from Woo's card, which may be why the curve is off, for now it does the job though, hopefully it'll get fixed up proper later.

Thanks.
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I'm not too fond of the "roll a 1, destroy this figure" for a unique hero.

I do like the "if you roll at least one skull" condition on the mantis' special attack, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Perhaps if you roll 1 the Marro Cerebrilith takes a wound? I wanted to give it in innate weakness as it's ability can be rather potent.
The Gourd Mantis has to roll at least one skull in order to grab a hold of the opponent, then keeps rolling as it squeezes the life out of them.

EDIT: I added the Dunkurth Hornets, they are an old custom, but should still be playable, I noticed Annerios has the same figures fulfilling a different role.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards