Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Are these cards poorly done or are they good quality?
Good Quality? 36 87.80%
Poorly Done? 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 17th, 2012, 11:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Warcraft 3 and D&D Customs

Regarding your healer: "heal x wounds" should be "remove x wound markers." Also, it should be an uncommon hero (since it has more than 1 life) and Inner Fire is way Overpowered in my opinion. I like the rest of it though.

You could word Dispel Magic so that any negative markers (other than wound markers) could be removed from friendly figures, and enemy figures... I'm not sure what to do about enemy figures.

By the way, I like the ideas behind your pieces.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 20th, 2012, 03:46 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Regarding your healer: "heal x wounds" should be "remove x wound markers." Also, it should be an uncommon hero (since it has more than 1 life) and Inner Fire is way Overpowered in my opinion. I like the rest of it though.

You could word Dispel Magic so that any negative markers (other than wound markers) could be removed from friendly figures, and enemy figures... I'm not sure what to do about enemy figures.

By the way, I like the ideas behind your pieces.
Thank you for your input!! Didn't know that common heroes could only have one life. What would you do with the Inner Fire ability to make it more fair?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 20th, 2012, 04:18 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Used properly Rorshack should be good at 120. I really like this one.

On the Knights of Lordearon it should be 'ignore all wounds' not 'ignore al wounds'. Although I'm sure Al appreciates the card.

The Phoenix taking a turn immediately after being summoned should be on the Phoenix card not the Kael'Thas card.

I would try to combine the Arthas cards. The have very similar powers so perhaps give him the "Sir Hawthorne" effect where he may switch sides during a battle.

Good work.
Unfortunately I don't think they do I ordered a Kael'thas and he is way too big... thus why I have had to proxy with actual heroscape figures.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:46 AM
the above

Added the Warforged Infiltrators.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:05 AM
the above

New changes made to the Warforged Infiltrators.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:52 AM
the above

Added Saint Patrick... thoughts?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:53 AM
the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Added Saint Patrick... thoughts?
NEVER MIND!!

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; February 23rd, 2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Silly me I'm not supposed to put him up till after the contest is over...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

At your request, here I am with wording feedback. First off, you should look at my Special Powers C&P Text for official wording. Here's what I suggest for the wording of several of your powers, changes in bold.

Shield Bash Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
If a small, medium, or large figure receives one or more wounds from Shield Bash Special Attack, you must, if possible, move it 1 space. A figure moved by Shield Bash Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Shield Bash Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.
I'm afraid I got rid of the different size and "away from" things. If you really want them, I could try, but I'm guessing it would be so long that you would have to get rid of Sharp Spines.

Dead Zone:
If this Hunter is engaged, it may not attack with its normal attack.

Animal Bonding
There are no "Animals" in Heroscape...

Lightning Bolt Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Watcher inflicts at least one wound with Lightning Bolt Special Attack, he may attack the defending figure two additional times with Lightning Bolt Special Attack.

Phoenix: You gave it bonding with Kurrok and Arrow Gruts? I can't fix Rebirth, it's too messy. I would find some other way to do it with an official precedent.

Animal War Training
When a Knight of Lordaeron you control is attacked by a non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

I'll edit this later, gotta go now.

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
the above

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions! I will definitely look at your thread... I got the animal bonding because the HOF custom project had some animal customs... are they not an official custom project?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Thanks a bunch for the suggestions! I will definitely look at your thread... I got the animal bonding because the HOF custom project had some animal customs... are they not an official custom project?
I don't know what you mean by "official", but I didn't know you were combining with other customs. With the current wording of Animal Bonding, only figures with the name, class, or species as "Animal" will count. I don't know who you want him to bond with, but if it doesn't have "Animal" on the card somewhere, it doesn't count.
Anyway, here are some more suggestions:

Flame Strike Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to three other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Flame Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Flame Strike Special Attack.

Banish
I would leave this out. As a general rule, you should give a figure no more than 3 powers, and I think it makes his Phoenixes too powerful. Also, without a marker or anything, there is way too much bookkeeping. If you insist on having it, I would change this:
Instead of attacking, you may choose...

Blizzard Special Attack
Attack 4. Range 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Blizzard Special Attack. Jaina Proudmoore only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Jaina Proudmoore cannot be affected by her own Blizzard Special Attack.
Really? How could you get the wording wrong on a power that is exactly the same as several official powers?

Summon Water Elemental
You need to make a decision here. Because taking a turn during someone else's turn is not good, you must either make it after her turn with a max of one Elemental summoned, like this:

After taking a turn with Jaina Proudmoore, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Water Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Jaina Proudmoore. You may then immediately take a turn with the summoned Water Elemental.

Or, instead of attacking with 3 tries, but no turn:

Instead of attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Water Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Jaina Proudmoore. After you use Summon Water Elemental once, you may use Summon Water Elemental two additional times.

Mass Teleport
...If you roll a 19 or higher,...

Arthas (both versions) does too many things. I would get rid of the insanely un-official Divine Shield (maybe up his defense by 1?), Death Pact, and that random sentence on the evil Arthas's card. They can't be in the same army anyway, for the same reason you can't have both Raelins. I won't go through the rest of the powers completely, but here are some fixes:
On a roll of If you roll a
Undead, as a Species, should be capitalized
Devotion/Unholy Aura: Friendly units figures
Power names should be in all caps
Storm Bolt and Thunder Clap need to say Special Attack, Damage should be changed to Attack
So, why does Long Rifles have a range boost? If I understand this correctly, if they are attacking a figure not adjacent to them, they get another range? Why don't they just have a 7 range?

Some of this is just my opinion, so you can ignore it if you want. I'm just trying to help you get more official-looking cards.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
the above

Spoiler Alert!

Yeah my Warcraft 3 cards are pretty much crap... they were my first customs I ever made and I did them last year... their powers are based off exactly what the powers in the Warcraft 3 rts do so for example long rifles in WC3 is something you can research for the dwarven rifleman that increases their range and attack by 1. What I meant by official was like C3V, SOV and C3G are the "official" custom projects and so I thought the HOF was one too... they have like 4 customs that are actually class animal so thats what I made the druid bond with. Yeah like I said Jaina was from last year before I was acquainted with even a nominal understanding of official heroscape wording so thats how I screwed it up...

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:25 AM
the above

Added some more Halo and reorganized the OP.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards