Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 8th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Duker Woo who?
Are we "hostile"?

I was perusing the wizards of the coast community forums searching for anything heroscape related. I found only 1 group and they had a few comments abouts WotC's social networking attempts. One of the comments I read kind of shocked me.

"Here is one reason to have a WOTC Heroscape dedicated community, because the old one is hostile from the Admins on down. I was just talking to a store owner who makes a point of not promoting the official fan site due to this issue. He has heard too many complaints"

I'm not really sure if this person is speaking about our site but I assume so because what other "official fan site" is there? Anyways, I just wanted to say that I never found this site to be hostile but I found it interesting that this person did.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Are we "hostile"?

If a person was immature, couldn't spell right after being asked nicely to, and started numerous threads though he was probably asked after the first thread to search first, then I would say this site might seem a little...cold, but not hostile. IMO, it is immensely easy to fit in here, as long as you just follow a few simple rules.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

To be quite frank, I don't think it is the site itself that is hostile, but the user's themselves on more than one occasion. Sadly, there are people who purposely make posts that could be very well conceived as hostile. Those that do not believe that are most often the ones who make such comments or at the very least abide by them and stand by them.

I try to make it known at times when something just isn't right about a post, however I can't stop people from hitting the reply button...

I addressed some similar ideas earlier in my time as a user. It was quickly rejected at that time too, so I'll assume your experience will also be rejected by the site in whole.

"Don't worry" can mean everything from "Yes we don't care about you and will gladly ignore you" to "Don't worry".

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are certainly some people who can seem hostile, and of course any of us can be inconsiderate if caught at the wrong time. Mostly, though, I think they're being too sensitive.

Edit: If you're talking about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
"Here is one reason to have a WOTC Heroscape dedicated community, because the old one is hostile from the Admins on down. I was just talking to a store owner who makes a point of not promoting the official fan site due to this issue. He has heard too many complaints"
WHY RECREATE THE WHEEL?, the user who posted that (Delphic) was banned from Heroscapers.com for being an inconsiderate jerk himself. Personally, I was tired of his negative-nancy whining and biased anti-D&D complaints well before that; in fact, it is hilarious that he fled to the WotC forum since he hates D&DScape so much.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; September 8th, 2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: detectiving...
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We can be very hostile when a discussion gets heated. There a beauty going on in another thread at the moment where it seems to have degenerated into the old "you know what it's only a game" and "you have a problem with that but not with this". I just shake my head and picture my two kids arguing with each other.

For the most part, and this is one of two forums I've ever been on so take this for what it's worth, everyone here seems decent enough.

The admins, from what I've seen, seem to stay out of the conversations as much as possible. Except to tease us with stuff coming out soon and being overly ambiguous - you know the ones I'm talking about and so do they.

I've also seen a lot of WOTC bashing for not providing enough information. Maybe that's what he's talking about when he says hostile. But hey, tell us where you're taking the game for the forseeable future and the bashing will stop. Well probably not.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Duker Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post

Edit: If you're talking about this:
Quote:
WHY RECREATE THE WHEEL?, the user who posted that (Delphic) was banned from Heroscapers.com for being an inconsiderate jerk himself. Personally, I was tired of his negative-nancy whining and biased anti-D&D complaints well before that; in fact, it is hilarious that he fled to the WotC forum since he hates D&DScape so much.
Yep that's the one. I had figured it was someone who had belonged to this site. What really got me was that a store owner would intentionally not mention this site to people who possibly wanted to learn more about the game. I can't think of a better resource to learn more about heroscape than this site and to not promote it really hurts the game in my opinion.
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In my personal interactions with him on this site he was not hesitant to distort his experiences to lend weight to his complaints about WotC and D&D scape; I wouldn't be surprised if his banning from here led to the same type of posting on that forum about this site.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not sure how I feel about being referred to as "the old forum". We're still the premier heroscape destination. There's no debate.

Also on topic. The people here are not hostile. They put a lot of time, effort, and money into this site, so they can make the rules. If you don't want to follow them then that's fine, but don't go whining about what happens when you break them.

Old September 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
What really got me was that a store owner would intentionally not mention this site to people who possibly wanted to learn more about the game. I can't think of a better resource to learn more about heroscape than this site and to not promote it really hurts the game in my opinion.
Maybe you could mention it to the people that the store owner won't?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, it was him who said all that. I note that he's been unbanned, so I wonder what will happen to him if he ever posts on here again...

Oh, and AMIS, the admins do get involved in debates. Look no further than the Mosque debate.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, it was him who said all that. I note that he's been unbanned, so I wonder what will happen to him if he ever posts on here again...

Oh, and AMIS, the admins do get involved in debates. Look no further than the Mosque debate.
Wow, I didn't see he had been unbanned. This ought to prove a fun thread once he see it, then.

Old September 8th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, I didn't see he had been unbanned. This ought to prove a fun thread once he see it, then.
It's more likely that he was temporarily banned rather than he was Unbanned.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General