Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Other symbols to put on the bottoms of cards

I was looking at macg's weird stuff and noticed that he ran out of space to put the lava resistant ability. I started thinking, what if there was another symbol for lava resistant? Ice immunity? What do you guys think of this? What other things could be represented by symbols?

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 5th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Spider sense, or Danger sense, could be the tingly lines with a number in the center of it. Then the ability immediately after is what is activated on a success.
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not sure there are any other abilities that will be spread around nearly as generously as flying and super strength, both of which might approach the 50% mark in the long run. Stealth flying, maybe, as a distant third. Double attack and counterstrike are probably the next most common, but even there, I think they're still rare enough to need the text. The "normal attacks only" clause in counterstrike and the fact that double attack is not a special attack are very useful reminders to have for those who don't know by heart.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:00 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
Flying could just be a set of wings, double attack could just be a pair of swords or 2 slashes simple designs could work, but also keep in mind that if you have to use symbls because something has too many special abilities that figure will have to be hugh priced and potentially either not be worth it or too difficult to bring down.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
NecroBlade's Star Wars customs use a stylized "J" for Jedi powers I believe.

These symbols work best for a particular "class" of similar units...I don't think we'll ever see them in standard HS, IMHO.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Disengage would be cool.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Disengage would be cool.
How about something like this?
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I generally think symbols should be as used as sparingly as possible. Personally, I even try to avoid the Flying symbol if I can.
Old August 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
When I played my first game of Heroscape, I skipped reading the rules for Flying because they seemed obvious. Later when I read the rules, I found that we did indeed play the flying rules correctly. When teaching new players to play, I can't ever remember a rules question about flying.

I think a symbol for Flying is acceptable, and I would even love to see it on official cards.
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:31 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
I too would rather just write the ability on the card but some cards have long and complex specials.

We could make symbols for:
disengage
double attack
stealth flying
counterstrike
lava resistant
ice immunity
water immunity or amphibious

Any other specials?

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 6th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
I too would rather just write the ability on the card but some cards have long and complex specials.

We could make symbols for:
disengage
double attack
stealth flying
counterstrike
lava resistant
ice immunity
water immunity or amphibious

Any other specials?
Personally, I would rather not see a lot of symbols. The only symbols I really think are appropriate are Superstrength, Flying and Stealth Flying.

Old August 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I like the symbols for the generals at the top of the card...but writing it in still helps just look at the Templar

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations