Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My Dogs

What's the difference between a 9 week old dog and a 15 week old dog? A lot less pee.

Yesterday she had her first accident free day ever. I'm starting to really warm up to her because she is extremely smart and follows me everywhere and I'm finally not cleaning up after her every hour or so.

Today, I got some books that J4Jandar suggested to me. Let's see...Water Dog, Gun Dog, Game Dog, and my mom decided to get the Family Dog one. Right now they're only from the library but I asked for the books for Christmas...or my birthday, only 2 weeks after Christmas.

Thanks J4J, I owe you big time!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am really glad those books helped! They did help right? Best books for retrievers ever. Makes me very happy that you have found success. Stick to the routine and you will have one fantastic animal. We get boat loads of praise on ours.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
I am really glad those books helped! They did help right? Best books for retrievers ever. Makes me very happy that you have found success. Stick to the routine and you will have one fantastic animal. We get boat loads of praise on ours.
I haven't had the time yet to read it, but starting tomorrow she'll begin the process. I've never bird hunted before (just deer) so I hope I do good. But yeah, I'm sure they'll help a bunch!
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
has been BANNED

archie *glass shatters*

I really feel for you, I've lost many dogs.
But on the bright side you have a really sweet little retriver there. good luck with the training!
Old January 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Wow, she's really growing. Since I'm training her as a retriever, I'm focusing on Come, Stay, and Sit mostly. I want her to know that stuff like the back of her paw.

Anyway, quick question for bird hunters out there. She's about 5 months old now and I've been training her with a bird wing for about a week or two. Is she too old, or am I still good?

Also, it's the dead of winter up here. What can I do to train her about swimming in water. (gad, I wish I'd been able to get her earlier)
Old January 19th, 2010, 09:54 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Wow, she's really growing. Since I'm training her as a retriever, I'm focusing on Come, Stay, and Sit mostly. I want her to know that stuff like the back of her paw.

Anyway, quick question for bird hunters out there. She's about 5 months old now and I've been training her with a bird wing for about a week or two. Is she too old, or am I still good?

Also, it's the dead of winter up here. What can I do to train her about swimming in water. (gad, I wish I'd been able to get her earlier)
The thing about training dogs is that you get what you put into them. A lot of patience and persistence is required to create a good retiever. Just because they are bread for the role doesn't mean they are automatic. Repetition and consistency are key. Also, if the dog doesn't understand your commands then her learning would be like you going to school on another planet.

You really should get that DVD I told you about. You shouldn't move onto a lesson untill she is ready. Every lesson is the base for the next one.

If there are any hot springs around then that is a perfect place to introduce her to water besides the bath tub.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Nope, no hot springs.

Mostly, I've been really training her in sit, stay, down, come, and all of the commands that she'll need for hunting. Also, I've introduced her to the sound of a gun, and she isn't gun shy.

My neighbor (an ardent hunter) suggested that I hunt quail instead of ducks. I agreed since I definately don't have the money for a blind, boat, and dummies. So, quail it is.

Here are a few pictures I took of her recently. She's getting pretty big.

Also, like mostly every dog, she does not like the cat, and harrasses him constantly, usually in a playful manner.

His name is Gus, and is 14 now, and mostly just sleeps and mooches off of us at the dinner table.

Also, I've deduced why Lady hates Gus so much. When she was a very young puppy, a six toes cat killed her father. Ever since, she has hunted the six toes cat, and is now tormenting him for the rest of his days.

There it is, the six toes.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Also, I've deduced why Lady hates Gus so much. When she was a very young puppy, a six toes cat killed her father. Ever since, she has hunted the six toes cat, and is now tormenting him for the rest of his days.

"Hello. My name is Lady. You killed my father. Prepare to...Hey, cat, come back here! You can't just walk away from me when I'm giving my big speech! Hey!"

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

"Hello. My name is Lady. You killed my father. Prepare to...Hey, cat, come back here! You can't just walk away from me when I'm giving my big speech! Hey!"
Or,

"Hello. My name is Lady. You killed my father. Prepare to--SQUIRREL!"
Old March 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

Or,

"Hello. My name is Lady. You killed my father. Prepare to--SQUIRREL!"
"SHINY!"

You're doing good, ABOM. My parents won't let me get a pet, so I can't wait until I get my own place so I can get a dog.
Old March 11th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
You're doing good, ABOM. My parents won't let me get a pet, so I can't wait until I get my own place so I can get a dog.
Thanks.

We're taking Lady in today to get spayed, mostly because we don't want male dogs prowling around when she's in heat, and also because she's less likely to get testicular and breast cancer.

Wish us luck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General