Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Non Heroscape GenCon Thread

Yes, I own Inn Fighting... and I might try to play it at the WoTC Scheduled Inn Fighting events... really just to learn the rules. The rulebook is written horribly, but I think it might be a fun beer-n-pretzels type of game none the less. Who doesnt love a good ole D&D bar fight! LoL Not to mention, one of the characters you can get is a Beholder barfly LOL

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I bought a bunch of general tickets for $2. Does anybody know how these work? If an event costs $8 to join to I need 4 tickets for it? or just one ticket to get in anything last minute? I know a newbie questions, but that is me, I am guessing 4 tickets for a $8 event?

Just curious.

Also how hard is it to get more General tickets, is it better to buy a bunch and have them verses having to find the place to buy them and then waiting in line?

OK, how long are the lines to get in , in the morning? Is is a madhouse? When do the doors open, and how much early is it worth being there?

Thanks in advance

Hendal

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

That was my understanding of how it works Hendai. Kinda like carnival rides...this one costs 2 tickets..this one 4 yadda yadda yadda.
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:50 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I bought a bunch of general tickets for $2. Does anybody know how these work? If an event costs $8 to join to I need 4 tickets for it? or just one ticket to get in anything last minute? I know a newbie questions, but that is me, I am guessing 4 tickets for a $8 event?

Just curious.

Also how hard is it to get more General tickets, is it better to buy a bunch and have them verses having to find the place to buy them and then waiting in line?

OK, how long are the lines to get in , in the morning? Is is a madhouse? When do the doors open, and how much early is it worth being there?

Thanks in advance

Hendal
Yes 4 $2 generic tickets would be needed for an $8 event.

It is better have the tickets in advance. If you show up to an event 10 -15 min. early and decide you need some tickets, you will still be in line when the event starts.

The convention center will be open when you get there. The dealer hall opens at 10am (I believe) and there will be a line/crowd at the door.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There will also be an incredible stampede toward any vendor that is giving/selling limited numbers of good things. Remind me to tell you about my Talisman near-death experience...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:41 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Also, you can only use the generic tickets if said event has an "open spot" for you...meaning people who regestered get a seat for sure... but if someone doesnt show, or they didnt fill up then your good to go.

Quote:
Remind me to tell you about my Talisman near-death experience...
LoL... I gotta hear this... spill it!

...and if its gonna be that bad then I have to remember to bring my body armor with me to the heroscape booth!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks guys, I better go buy more general tickets then! ANd get them sent with the other tickets. I have only booked Heroscape stuff and will play it by ear.

Old June 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM

Mr. Wednesday Woo who?

Man I get so giddy when I think of gencon! I live downtown Indy So its like having the coolest convention ever in my backyard!

Since my favorite game Anachronism made its last death rattle, I'm gonna have to play more scape this year! I'm also excited about finding some new games like the Warcraft mini game (if its horrible we can always use the figs for conversions) and the new Mutant Chronicles Mini's game.

Its kinda sad though, since I starting going to gencon when it came to indy I think I have spent more time in the anime rooms and pacing the dealers floor than actual gaming. Any one else find themselves spending more time doing other activites than actual gaming?
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hey Mr. W - That is so cool, in your backyard, a very lucky man I would say. I am all about the gameing, and will hopefully spend a lot of time in the open gaming area. I am sure to spend time in the vendors section also.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Open Gaming Area question?

-- is it easy to get in a game with strangers?

-- if I bring a few games is it easy to find others to play with?

I would love to play some Illuminati with a bigger group and LNOE with some experienced players. Heck any ol' board game sounds great to me.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Should we create a list of non-heroscape exclusives that are expected to be there at Gencon 2008? Should that be its own thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKids Website
Jean-Paul Valley replaced Batman in the Knightfall storyline, and eventually became Azrael. The DC HeroClix: Knightfall Batman will be offered at WizKids attended conventions in 2008 with the purchase of $50 in DC HeroClix product.

Additionally an exclusive DC HeroClix: Sinestro Corps Anti-Monitor “Guardian of Fear” variant will be offered at San Diego Comic Con, GenCon, and select shows in Europe. This variant features an all-new dial "with enough new powers to make the entire Green Lantern Corps shudder with fear!"
Battletech has an exclusive sculpt available.

World of Warcraft CMG will be hosting exclusive playable demos (maybe get to keep the figs?)

For us Gencon n00bs... I hear there are dice every year?

Last edited by RageAngel; June 23rd, 2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAngel View Post
Should we create a list of non-heroscape exclusives that are expected to be there at Gencon 2008? Should that be its own thread?

For us Gencon n00bs... I hear there are dice every year?
I wouldn't be opposed to a list like this.

I got the dice last year in my goodies bag when I got there.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con