Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 21st, 2019, 10:57 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Apollo

The Book of Apollo

C3G WILDSTORM PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 20
FUTURE VISION

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the The Flash set.
Its model number and name are #048 / Apollo.

Character Bio - Apollo, alongside his future husband Midnighter, was part of a top secret StormWatch team created by the first Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Nobody but Bendix himself knew of the team's existence. Bendix built them as superhuman and, when they donned their costumes and spoke their codenames, their previous identities ceased to exist.
Apollo and Midnighter eventually joined Stormwatch and retired following its destruction. Jenny Sparks eventually convinced them to end their retirement to join her newly founded team, The Authority.

Apollo was initially created to lead the StormWatch team, due to circumstance surrounding a mission that killed the entire team save Apollo and Midnighter, the two went rogue for five years. In the merged continuity of DC and Wildstorm, Apollo spent time as an operative of StormWatch, showing an initial interest in partnering up with Midnighter. The two dated off and on, and when Apollo was trapped in Hell, Midnighter came to save him. In the end, Apollo did just as much of the saving, carrying his love back to the land of the living after some brutal fighting.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Apollo can take a turn with Lucas Trent with his special attack.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 07:25 PM. Reason: png
Old April 21st, 2019, 10:58 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Apollo (Breathing Period)

NAME = APOLLO
SECRET IDENTITY = ANDREW PULASKI
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 420

SOLAR POWERED 4
Start the game with 4 yellow Solar Markers on this card. At the end of the round, if there are two or fewer revealed Order Markers on this card, you may replace one previously removed Solar Marker on this card or remove a Wound Marker from this card.

SOLAR BURST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 6.
You must remove one Solar Marker from this card to use this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, if you revealed a numbered Order Marker on this card at the start of your turn, you may either take a turn with a Lucas Trent figure you control or you may move up to three figures you control within clear sight of Apollo up to four spaces. Figures moved with this special power do not take leaving engagement attacks. Each time a Kryptonian figure is attacked with this special attack, the most wounds it can take is one.

RADIANT LIGHT
After Apollo or any friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may remove a Solar Marker from this card to count all blanks rolled as additional shields.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by japes; July 27th, 2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Upped Burst to 6, required OM, allowed Light after rolling.
Old April 21st, 2019, 11:08 PM
Book Wyrm

Comic Art Options

Spoiler Alert!

Background Art

Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by LordVenoc; May 28th, 2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old April 21st, 2019, 11:14 PM
Book Wyrm

So some quick notes...

Art-wise, it is actually surprisingly difficult to catch a good shot of modern era Apollo mostly by himself. B from above is actually old school Apollo and I never even realized it. The Symbol on the suit changes, but also the hair changes. Obviously depending on the glow it can be easy to miss the hair difference. My preference is A, but I don't know how well it works for art. If there are issues with these, I can work to hunt down more.

Edit: mini is classic style. I'm stupid. Art is now corrected.

Background-wise, I actually want to mimic the lightning from Midnighter. They premiered on the same cover, and the lightning is an homage to that. I'd like to keep it going, even if we like flipped the lightning image or something like that.

Design-wise, I think the work done in public workshopping got him to a solid place. Most tweaks I'm even remotely considering are more in the vein of tweaks made in playtesting if things aren't working as intended.

Points-wise, 400-450. He's solidly Superman level, so I'm using our Supermen as bookends. Ideally, I'd like him to land at 420 so he and Midnighter can make an even 700.

Last edited by LordVenoc; April 22nd, 2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:59 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Really digging where this guy landed after some brainstorming. One question though; is the intent that Solar Piwered only works with one revealed OM on his card? I thought we had it planned for 2 OMs or fewer.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 02:34 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Fwiw, the Heroclix has his old logo on its chest. Looks almost identical to your first post art too.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 22nd, 2019, 04:59 AM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Fwiw, the Heroclix has his old logo on its chest. Looks almost identical to your first post art too.

So... it definitely is the old look. Even has the long hair.
Clearly been too long since I'd looked at it. Which means the original intended art for Midnighter is what we should have used and these guys should definitely have th ed Wildstorm, not DC label. Gosh I'm an idiot sometimes...

EDIT: Art options are updated to proper art that matches the mini. Thanks for bearing with my embarrassing brain fart.

Last edited by LordVenoc; April 22nd, 2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 07:26 AM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Really digging where this guy landed after some brainstorming. One question though; is the intent that Solar Piwered only works with one revealed OM on his card? I thought we had it planned for 2 OMs or fewer.
Nope. Must have gotten missed in the shuffle when things got separated and unfolded and we swapped back to this intent. I'll fix it now.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Make sure you post a link in the Welcome to C3G thread and the Promotion thread.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:11 AM
Book Wyrm

Thanks for the reminder Bats. Knew I forgot something. With all the prior work, I'm hoping this guy will head to initial relatively quickly, unless I start hearing some outcry. I'm quite happy with where he wound up!
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is the idea behind the restriction in Solar Powered 3 just to stop him from being too nasty in end game? I can't imagine many situations in which he shouldn't recharge except when he's the last one on the map. Even if you want him taking all the turns in the round, there are plenty of figures that will allow that without his revealing Order Markers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:30 AM
Book Wyrm

Yeah the idea behind it is that pushing himself very much drains his reserves of solar energy. So while ways around it (like Zemo) break theme a tad, the theme of the drain mostly kicks in in the endgame, where he would definitely be running low after the battle has waged a while.

Also, because I need to stop having units with memory mechanics, so OMs over turns.

The theme on the spreading of markers is from the standpoint of encouraging the spread of OMs with Operatives. At one point we had it where he could spend a turn to recharge it, but it was decided that two methods of recharge felt needlessly complex.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library