Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!
How to counter Turtle/steamroll/blitz armies

Hey guys, I was discussing in another thread about Turtles(Non-moving high ranged armies with defense boosters such as Raelin), Steamrollers (Slow moving armies that can kill viciously and without mercy), and Blitz armies(Wave after wave armies of sharks, which are very hard to kill, killing machine units). I would like to elaborate on how to counter such armies and shut them down.

Turtles~

Turtles are the bane of any melee army. They generally try and secure highground, centering around a single defensive unit that makes it hard to kill the ranged units. These armies are meant to sit in one spot and kill anything that comes near, forcing whoever is playing against them to attack, no matter what. It is clear that these armies will have a height advantage, making for slow ground units to be obselete for a storm of the height. The best type of army to counter a turtle would be one with figures that can fly/stealth fly. A flight unit ignores the height, thus reaching the enemy and with level ground quicker. Even better would be a stealth flying unit, which will allow for quick disengagements and hasty retreats if needed. Using high move/defensive units that can fly, such as the Einar Imperium or Minions of Utgar would be greatly advantageous against turtles. The EI have a move of five, and they can stealth fly. To add onto that, they also have an attack of three and a double strike capability, which hard presses the opponents dice rolls on defense against a trio of these brutes. MoU have a terrible move of 4, but with a high defense of Six, they can last the flight up height to the enemy turtle. With a Deadly Strike capability, and an attack of two, they can also greatly press a turtles defensive rolls. Atlaga can give out a movement benefit that will help the MoU or EI, and he can kill important figures such as Raelin in a turtle. Explosion attack figures like Zelrig, Mimring, Braxas, or the Deathwalker can also devestate turtles.

Just look for beneficial figures that can give your anti turtle a speed, attack, or defense boost for that charge of the height.

Steamroller~

Steamroller armies are slow moving killing machines that can sweep across the board and devastate anything in its path. They can be quite troublesome to any army, especially if that army is spread out. A good suggestion for killing Steamroller armies, especially since they're slow moving, is to get a ranged unit up to height with enough move to out run, but fire at the steamroller. You can also break up a steamroller by sending in figures such as the Izumi Samurai, or Charos, for they can move fast, and have a high defense and counterstrike ability, making them hard to kill and dangerous once they're adjacent. Another good trio against a steamroller would be the Ninja's of the Northern Wind. With an ability to shadow walk, they can go through the army without trouble, and also can dodge attacks if it will kill them.

A good steamroller killer would be Deadeye Dan, for he can snipe from quite a ways away.

Blitz~

A blitz army can kill very fast. We all know that we do not want our units dieing like that. The good thing about a blitz army is that it only attacks in small, very efficient waves. But, you can counter a blitz with a well spread, counterstrike army that contains figures like the Izumi, Kozuke, or Tagawa Samurai (The latter getting better as it kills these figures, and they have a high defense). Another good figure for this is Charos. Give an anti blitz army Raelin or Thorgrim, and they can effectively shut down a blitz army.

That is how I handle those armies, and that is just my .

I'm a F18, bro.

Last edited by Oh Yeah! I'm Here; September 26th, 2009 at 02:21 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles