Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:40 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Kurrok the Elementalist

The Book of Kurrok the Elementalist
Warriors of Eberron - Collection D2 (12) - "Heroes of Khorvaire"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers.

Character Bio: Kurrok was originally going to be an Uncommon Hobgoblin Hero, but when we started to discuss how we wanted the elementals to work together, we knew they needed a Unique Hero to command them on the battlefield.
A. Unlike a squad, each elemental takes a full turn, independently of any others activated on Kurrok's Order Marker.

Q. Kurrok the Lycanthrope:
If I draft Small/Medium Elementals along with a Werewolf Lord, and turn an opponent's Kurrok with LYCANTHROPY, may I use my turn with my opponent's Kurrok to SUMMON my own elementals?
A. (Hold on, just give me a second to reread that question) . . . YES, yes you may, as long as you have not already drafted Kurrok as a part of your army, in which case taking control of multiple uniques is never permitted.

Synergy Benefits Received
- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Kurrok the Elementalist may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered:
SMALL/MEDIUM ELEMENTALS : As Small/Medium Elementals, the following may benefit from both SUMMON ELEMENTAL resurrection synergy and MASTER OF THE ELEMENTS activation synergy:
C3V and Sov Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Kurrok the Elementalist (no longer rampant speculation!)

Kurrok the Elementalist - Whats your army idea
Power Rankings

Jexik: Kurrok the Elementalist- He's the glue for the passable Elemental army. B+

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 5 (129/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Thanks for another great shot, Chris)

Last edited by superfrog; March 20th, 2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: For those about Kurrok, we salute you!
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:40 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Kurrok the Elementalist

Open call: I browsed the Discussion threads before posting the Books, but if I missed any major clarifications, please let me know and I will add them in. And, as always, feel free to point out anything else I might have missed. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:07 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just to clarify:

Q. Kurrock the Lycanthrope:
If I draft Small/Medium Elementals along with a Werewolf Lord, and turn an opponent's Kurrok with LYCANTHROPY, may I use my turn with my opponent's Kurrok to SUMMON my own elementals?
A. (Hold on, just give me a second to reread that question) . . . YES, yes you may.

This is true so long as you do not also have a Kurrok in your army, right?

Old July 18th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Just to clarify:

A. (Hold on, just give me a second to reread that question) . . . YES, yes you may.

This is a very good question.

First: Is a hybrid hero still considered the same as its non-hybrid counterpart?

Second: You can't Mindshackle a figure that is already part of your army. Can you take temporary control of one?

If one of the playtesters happens by, I'd love to know the answers to these questions. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:06 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Just to clarify:

This is a very good question.

First: Is a hybrid hero still considered the same as its non-hybrid counterpart?

Second: You can't Mindshackle a figure that is already part of your army. Can you take temporary control of one?

If one of the playtesters happens by, I'd love to know the answers to these questions. Thanks.

~Spite
Even temporary control is not permitted (this has been discussed in reference to Marcu).

the changes to Lycanthropy do not change the name of the figure, which to my knowledge is how you determine if it is "the same figure". This precedent was set by the SotM versions of Raelin and Sgt. Drake.

So, my understanding is that you cannot use Lycanthropy to take a turn with an opponent's Unique Hero if you control that Hero yourself.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; July 18th, 2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: CheddarLimbo: Sounding at least partially intelligent since 1980!
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:08 PM

CheesePurgatory, you sound at least partially intelligent, so I'm going to add it to the Clarification. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
CheesePurgatory
That needs to be his title!
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:09 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

So a couple of questions to clarify,

If I own a unique hero and so does my opponent, I can't temporarily use that hero the whole game, thats kind of lame, your not drafting the same hero, its temporary control.

My second question is, Can you move the same elemental three times, or does it have to be a different elemental.
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You cannon use the same elemental three times, just as Ulginesh cannot use Mind Link to control the same elf wizard twice in one turn; he must choose two seperate ones.
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:38 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post

If I own a unique hero and so does my opponent, I can't temporarily use that hero the whole game, thats kind of lame, your not drafting the same hero, its temporary control.

My second question is, Can you move the same elemental three times, or does it have to be a different elemental.
It would have to be 3 different ones, I believe. The power states the you, "may take a turn with up to three small or medium elementals you control."

If the power were designed so that you could run around all frenzy-like with a single elemental, I'd think it would be worded more like, "you may take up to three turns with a small or medium elemental(s) you control.

I'm pretty sure the intent of the power was to be able to use the three separate ones similarly to a squad. So, if your army has dwindled down to just a couple of water elementals and Kurrok, no, you wouldn't get the three full turns, just two (one for each surviving elemental).
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:09 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Kurrok (120)
Fire Elemental X4 (140)
Earth Elemental X3 (105)
Air Elemental X2 (60)
Water Elemental X2 (60)

495 points, 12 spaces.

Theroy Kurrok army. Fire Elementals are the basic attack forces and screens for Kurrok. Earth Elementals would make great glyph-grabbers and reasonable squad killers. Air Elementals keep the melee away from Kurrok, Water Elementals sneaking up rivers to attack ranged enemies. When it comes to Kurrok, you don't want to use Summon Elemental as a last resort; It'll be too late by then. Use it at least once per round whenever you can. Water elementals have the most survivability and the air elementals hang back, so you don't need as many of those at once. You can drop a few elementals for Raelin or Kelda, also.

With at least three solid attacks per turn, I think this army is fairly competetive.

Last edited by All Your Pie; July 27th, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post

To address your first question, you may not have 2 uniques of the same name in your army for any reason. Permanent or temporariliy. That has been in the rulebook since day one. That is why they are........

UNIQUE.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units