Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 7th, 2016, 12:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

We've played a few more games of Forbidden Desert winning one.

Played tons more Ticket to Ride mega version.

Still haven't found any white trains in stock anywhere but I found a few places so I'll wait patiently for them to come back around. In the meantime I purchased a used India/Switzerland set with some good news/bad news...

It was listed as two maps with two sets of Destination Tickets only. I figured that meant no box and no rules and they were just pointing out that there were no trains or train cars...$15 why not chance it.

Good news first: It was actually 3 maps (2 boards) the double sided India/Switzerland board...and a Europe map. I'm thinking I can just pick up the 1912 expansion and use the Depots for the stations and I'm set to play Europe without buying the big box.

Bad news: The two decks of destination tickets were both for Switzerland...still in shrink wrap but no India cards. So my option here would be to find someone who hates India but loves Switzerland and trade them, Buy replacement cards (couldn't find them and they aren't for sale from DOW like the USA and EUROPE ones) or find some good scans and create some.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 7th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If they're shrinkwrapped, it probably came that way from Days of Wonder. I'd just contact their customer service and let them know the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 7th, 2016, 12:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
If they're shrinkwrapped, it probably came that way from Days of Wonder. I'd just contact their customer service and let them know the situation.
I've researched and it appears there were replacement cards issued for Switzerland which is why there are two sets of those. I can't really complain since I did get all of this for less than $15. The Europe map alone is probably worth that and I still get a fully playable Switzerland as well.

I'll try to contact them but the website now states "We no longer sell physical products from our Web site. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I've researched and it appears there were replacement cards issued for Switzerland which is why there are two sets of those. I can't really complain since I did get all of this for less than $15. The Europe map alone is probably worth that and I still get a fully playable Switzerland as well.

I'll try to contact them but the website now states "We no longer sell physical products from our Web site. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
Hey Japes, weren't you looking for more TTR train options? Here you go

https://www.meeplesource.com/proddet...d=TicketToRide

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 7th, 2016, 04:11 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Hey Japes, weren't you looking for more TTR train options? Here you go

https://www.meeplesource.com/proddet...d=TicketToRide
Someone point me this way earlier. Little out of my range right now. They do look nice and it would be cool to change over all the trains to these wooden versions over the plastic. Right now I'm going to hang tight and wait for someone to get some white trains back in stock. Perhaps I can find someone willing to trade white trains for a deck of Switzerland Tickets.

Old January 9th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played a game of Splendor with one of my daughters the other night and she won 15 - 12

This morning, I played a co-op 2 player game of A Conquest of Planet Earth with its expansion. Was able to pull out the win, but had some good locations for my better at combat aliens. Didn't let the human resistance get enough time to ramp up their defenses, as the longer it goes, the tougher they get.

Old January 9th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Hahma Conquest of Planet Earth is one I own but haven't gotten to the playing table yet. How was it?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
@Hahma Conquest of Planet Earth is one I own but haven't gotten to the playing table yet. How was it?
I enjoy it. I've played it solo a few times and have played it with 3 players as well. Only played it as a co-op, as it has rules to play against each other as well, though I heard that wasn't as good as co-op.

It's a campy '50s alien game, where players get to play as the invading aliens. There are several alien types to choose from.

When playing co-op, you have to separate the event cards, as the players will use certain ones to draw from and play, while the humans will draw one at the beginning of each resistance phase, and those have a red box of text that will only apply when used by the humans. They will usually have some ongoing effect that can be a pain in the butt.

Basically, the aliens have to get x amount of terror points, depending on number of players (16 for 2p), and humans win if their track gets up to 10 or something like that. Aliens get terror points by conquering locations. Location cards are revealed when moving into an empty space and will have a variable number of population, which equate to its terror points when conquered. But generally, the more population, the more battles you have to fight to conquer it. If you don't conquer it in a series of fights, the next time you try, you have to do all the fights again, not just the amount left over.

That's pretty much simplifying the gist of it, as there is a lot more to it. I have the expansion that has naval forces for the humans, water locations, and a little bit extra of the stuff in the base game.

I like it a lot. There's certainly luck with dice (though it can sometimes be mitigated), as well as the card draws. But it's just fun to me.

Old January 9th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds pretty cool, Hambone! My group likes another big FFG production I have that can be competitive or coop (Fortune and Glory) so I'm betting they'll like this once I bother learning how to play.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2016, 10:54 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sounds pretty cool, Hambone! My group likes another big FFG production I have that can be competitive or coop (Fortune and Glory) so I'm betting they'll like this once I bother learning how to play.
I love "Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game" - I guess maybe because I'm a sucker the "Indians Jones" archeology theme. I've played it like 6 - 7 times with three different friends who own it, but I can't seem to justify pulling the trigger to crack open this $100 nut to have it just collect dust on my own shelf.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 9th, 2016, 11:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Got the X-Wing: Force Awakens core set for Christmas and really like it. Have played it and Risk: Legacy (the game I got from my 'Scapers Secret Santa) several times since Christmas.

I've also played Magic: Arena of the Planeswalker's at the last two monthly engineering department game nights at work. Everyone seems to like it. The next time we'll play I'll be adding in the new expansion and some 600 point Heroscape armies.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 9th, 2016, 11:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Got Ticket to Ride India/Switzerland maps for Christmas. Just played each with the wife and lost both. Swizterland was 155-143 (massive scores!) and India we tied 101-101, but she had 5 completed tickets to my 4. Both good maps with simple twists on the rules (Switzerland has a lot of tunnels which is the ONLY place you're allowed to use locomotives, but as such you can draw them like normal cards; India has an additional bonus score for number of cities that can be connected by more than one unique route).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games