Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 13th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Dual Rivalry -- Louisville Monthly Tourney -- Feb 4th!

Dual Rivalry!
February 4th, 2012

Bring a 300-point, 12-hex army!

You will work together with another player to defeat your opponents; you will either win together, or lose together. Games will be scored out of 600 points, period. (Even if you run under points.)

DO NOT forget about the rules for "friendly" vs. "you control"!

Ex.: Raelin's aura only works on your figures.

In the event that there are an odd number of players (such as a 1v2 or 1v1), loaner armies and order markers for the player(s) will be provided. Suggested or chosen armies will be listed in the post below. At least two armies will be provided, and at most four will be brought.

(Copied from El Diabolo's posts. )
- C3V and SOV approved units WILL be allowed!
-NO MARVEL.
C3V_and_SOV_Books_of_Index
- 2D Proxies will be allowed.
2D_Proxies

Full Card Scoring Kill Points
Team Scoring out of 600 points
Roll for Inititative for each side, turn proceeds in Figure 8 fashion
5 rounds
12 -5:30 PM (Break as needed)
$5 Registration Fee

Pet Shop Comics
1191 Hillview Blvd # 4
Louisville, KY 40229
(502) 957-3188
http://maps.google.com/maps/

A word on prize structure -
There will be prizes for First, Second and Third places.
There will NOT be guaranteed prizes beyond that.
This does remove the expectation that some prizes
will be supplied by players.

With Heroscape product getting increasingly scarce
the prizes will be as follows.
First place - Gift Certificate = 50% of registration
Second place - Gift Certificate = 30% of registration
Third place - Gift Certificate = 20% of registration

Additional prizes are always welcome and will be handed out on a superlative basis - (i.e. Furthest Distance Traveled, Best Sportsmanship, Most points scored against Gordon.)

Bring a snack to share!

There will be a focus on getting new players to give it a try, so loaner armies will be readily available.

Now accepting Map Suggestions!

Spoiler Alert!

Attending:
MegaSilver
SlipperySlope
Deroche
NecroBlade
El Diabolo +4?
enkidu
Major Q23
MrSpex42 +1

Maybe:

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 1st, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Dual Rivalry -- Louisville Monthly Tourney -- 2v2!

In the event that there are an odd number of players (such as a 1v2 or 1v1), loaner armies and order markers for the player(s) will be provided.

The loaner armies are listed below:

Since everyone is bringing extra armies, you can choose from them. If they happen to post their armies, then I'll post them here as well.

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 21st, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:53 PM

I will be bringing two maps, and I suggest that three more maps are brought for variety's sake.
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:31 AM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Sounds great; count me in.

Pairings chosen randomly? New pairings after each round?

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old January 14th, 2012, 02:35 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Best choices would probably be Stingersx4 plus Raelin, sit a stinger

or

Q9/Raelin/ratsx1.

Shocking, I know.

Old January 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yeah I'm not sure about this one. As Deroche points out, spamming commons will be about the best you can do. I'm actually not terribly interested in this format.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My initial reaction was "meh" as well, but then I came up with four different builds that I couldn't decide on and I was intrigued.

Wait a sec...four different builds.

Can we do this 4X300??? Four matches, must have a different 300 point build for each? (you can have a championship fifth match if you like, participants choice over what to play) It'd be perfect because at the lower point totals, we're bound to have enough figures in each of our collections. And if you don't quite have it, load up Battleplan to figure out your desired builds anyway and borrow what you don't have. I'll bring my figures to the event as loaners if need be.

Old January 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Well, I did had another idea, and I wasn't sure to use this one or the other. (Though I would REALLY like a 2v2 in some shape or form.)

Here is the other one I thought of:

Bring two XXX-point, 24-hex armies that you designate as number one and two.

There will be 5 rounds. The first four rounds will be randomly selected from the following, and used only once:

Play Army 1
Play Army 2
Reverse the Whip 1
Reverse the Whip 2

The final game will Pick Your Poison.

What do you guys think of this one?

Again, I'd really like to do a 2v2 in some shape or form as well, and if we can tweak the rules for this tourney so you'll like it better than I'd like to.
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am in... naturally! But I was going to bring that Mad wookie map! Maybe I will bring Clusterphobe.

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:49 PM

enkidu is surprisingly tart

To follow up on SlipperySlope's questions, how will pairings be decided? Will pairings change after each round? If so, will new pairings be based on record?

Also, what exactly will occur if we have an odd number? Would the solo person play two 300 point armies?
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
To follow up on SlipperySlope's questions, how will pairings be decided? Will pairings change after each round? If so, will new pairings be based on record?

Also, what exactly will occur if we have an odd number? Would the solo person play two 300 point armies?
Sorry to glance over your question, Slope.

Pairings will be random first round, and all other pairings will be based on record. (Highest ranked paired with lowest. )

If we have an odd number, the solo person will play two 300-point armies with two sets of order markers.
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:00 PM

enkidu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkidu View Post

Sorry to glance over your question, Slope.

Pairings will be random first round, and all other pairings will be based on record. (Highest ranked paired with lowest. )

If we have an odd number, the solo person will play two 300-point armies with two sets of order markers.
Thanks for the answers MegaSilver. That all makes sense, and I'm warming up to the format. I've never played a 2v2 match--I think it could be fun.

My only concern is that more experienced players may be tempted to cross the line from giving advice when asked to basically wanting to play both 300 point armies when paired with a less experienced player. I think there might be a fine line between teamwork and bossiness. But as long as everyone keeps it fun and respectful, it should be a great format.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events