Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Did you find this article useful and/or informative?
Yes. 391 93.32%
No. 28 6.68%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: What's in an Order Marker?

Although it might be a bit premature, I added the 10th Regiment of Foot and Sacred Band to the Bread and Butter category. The greeks had formerly been Defenders, and I think had an unnecessarily bad rap. Now they seem very playable with some 10th Foot and Marcus, perhaps with some Kaemon Awa backup. Another Einar Warlord would be icing on the cake. If Zelrig is a Warlord, people's heads will explode.

Wo-Sa-Ga added to Sharks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; June 3rd, 2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: WSG
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Now that Zelrig's card has been posted, what category do you think he falls into.

Granted his normal attack isn't as high as Nilfheim's but the rest of their stats are identical so would that classify Zelrig as a Menacer.

He is definetely a Menacer or a Shark but I lean more towards menacer simply because he has high life and good defense.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does Charos really deserve to be a defender? Sure, he does great as a defender, but he has so much more potential. With 9 life 5 defense counterstrike, you immediately think defender. but with also 5 attack, he has good attack to. He is a great mix of attack and defense, which I think would make him a menacer. My opponents always either charge him and hit with everything they got (defender) or stay clear(menacer) and attack someone else. He is a great mix, and I fin using him offensively is very potent too.

5 attack makes him a great hero killer, especially when it's a melee hero. He can use marker 1 to engage and do damage, have marker 2 elsewhere, and then use three again to kill the hero, seeing as if they had a marker on them and had no special attack, they'd be damaged more.

He certainly does do a good job of tying up units however. But if you use him as a very mobile and attack capable defender, he is pretty much a menacer, and can really shine.

He does seem to flop position for me a lot. Against orcs he's defender, and he rips through orcs. Against hero's like Q9, Braxas, or Nilfheim, he is great when attacking. I guess you could say that any unit changes it's classification depending on the opposing army, but Charos does both VERY well. I'm just suggesting that you rethink him, but I do also trust your judgement.
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

The thing holding Charos back the most is his move of 5. All others dragons have move 6, and it makes them highly mobile. Charos is constantly challenged to get where he needs to be fast enough to do what you want him to do. If an attacker lacks range, then mobility becomes paramount to being able to consistently function in that role. No range and move 5; this is why, more often than not, Charos is more of a defensive figure.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
If Zelrig is a Warlord, people's heads will explode.
Despite the fact that we now know that Zelrig is not a warlord, 6 move with flying and a 7-range, area-of-effect special attack will still make some (common) people's heads explode. As for his classification, I'd throw my hat in the ring for Menacer, along with Zealot. Zelrig's got enough mobility and range that he shouldn't require too many order markers, yet will always be viewed as a high-priority target. Just my
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah. Part of the problem is that I keep waffling on Nilfheim. He's a Menacer now, but originally I had him listed as a Shark. When I get him going, I often take a ton of turns with him until he goes down, just to see how much he'll take out. He's a bit tougher to bring down than Braxas in my experience, just as the Krav are tougher to bring down than the AE, but both the Krav and Nilf benefit a lot from the use of rats, which again suggests sharky tendencies. In an army with a lot of squads, I'll often save Nilfheim until last. When I start playing Zelrig, I'll have to see how long he lasts, and when I tend to activate him. I'm starting to think that the fear of his attack might be a powerful side effect when compared to his attack alone.

Charos is an interesting one. His stats suggest a defensive nature, but in strong [4th Mass] armies I usually don't activate him until the very end of a game. High survivability or not, having one attack will mean I can't ever make him a menacer or shark.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Yeah. Part of the problem is that I keep waffling on Nilfheim. He's a Menacer now, but originally I had him listed as a Shark. When I get him going, I often take a ton of turns with him until he goes down, just to see how much he'll take out. He's a bit tougher to bring down than Braxas in my experience, just as the Krav are tougher to bring down than the AE, but both the Krav and Nilf benefit a lot from the use of rats, which again suggests sharky tendencies. In an army with a lot of squads, I'll often save Nilfheim until last. When I start playing Zelrig, I'll have to see how long he lasts, and when I tend to activate him. I'm starting to think that the fear of his attack might be a powerful side effect when compared to his attack alone.

Charos is an interesting one. His stats suggest a defensive nature, but in strong [4th Mass] armies I usually don't activate him until the very end of a game. High survivability or not, having one attack will mean I can't ever make him a menacer or shark.
I would tell you, Jexik, to not over think too much with Nilf here. He's definitely a Menacer. You activate him a lot because he's, well, really good. You use him a lot because he's a high point offensive-minded figure, no different than a Q9 who eats up lots of order markers. With Nilfheim, he has the magical 4 defense dice, and is mobile enough to get height so he's not so fragile as other sharks in the game, particularly with his 6 life, too. The only reason he'll go down is because he IS menacing and people DO worry about him and so they'll focus their strike on him. The difference between Nilf and Braxas is that I've seen Nilf SURVIVE that onslaught and come out the victor. So I see Zelrig as a Menacer, too.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM

ItalianHammerUS Woo who?

I want to thank you for this article it is really good even though i have a request...don't hate me
I am a new Heroscape player , i started 2 weeks ago biut i already bought
the 2 Master sets (both V end M), and i am waiting on Wave 7, RttF and the cAstle (sorry forgot the name)

Many of those names sound unfamiliar to me, would it be too much of a bother to put wich set or wave they belong to? If you cannot don;t warry and thanks anyway for all the work you put in to this.

By the way any of you guys (around 30 in ageA) live close to fort Myers FL?
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianHammerUS View Post
I want to thank you for this article it is really good even though i have a request...don't hate me
the 2 Master sets (both V end M), and i am waiting on Wave 7, RttF and the cAstle (sorry forgot the name)

Many of those names sound unfamiliar to me, would it be too much of a bother to put wich set or wave they belong to? If you cannot don;t warry and thanks anyway for all the work you put in to this.

The official site is actually a pretty good source for the info you want.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...ide/Characters

I could certainly list them all from memory, but if you scroll down after following this link, you'll find out the same info.

Welcome to the site by the way! Sounds like you've already got a good start to your collection. I'd say the next thing to track down would be some of the new Wave 8 and Ticalla Jungle/Aquilla's Alliance stuff. It all looks and plays great.

Quote:
Old July 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM

ItalianHammerUS Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

The official site is actually a pretty good source for the info you want.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...ide/Characters

I could certainly list them all from memory, but if you scroll down after following this link, you'll find out the same info.

Welcome to the site by the way! Sounds like you've already got a good start to your collection. I'd say the next thing to track down would be some of the new Wave 8 and Ticalla Jungle/Aquilla's Alliance stuff. It all looks and plays great.
Thanks for your prompt reply and for the welcome, yes i go taddicted i can say , it was love at first sight with Heroscape.

I can't wait to receive the wave 7 (Monday ) for now i feel i am alright with what i have for 3 reasons.

1 - I am still trying to understand all the rules and figures
2 - I do not want a divorce i got marreid 3 months ago
3 -I play only with my wife for now and i am not sure how long she will want to play , i hope i will find someone that likes Heroscape here in my area.

But as soon as i get uset to all the stuff i got i will defenetly look in to that stuff
Old July 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Hi, ItalianHammerUS! Welcome to the game and the site. You will find other players in your area of Florida by posting and checking in the "Meet Other Scapers" Section. I hope we can meet and play some day.
Old July 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:

1 - I am still trying to understand all the rules and figures
2 - I do not want a divorce i got marreid 3 months ago
3 -I play only with my wife for now and i am not sure how long she will want to play , i hope i will find someone that likes Heroscape here in my area.
I managed to get my girlfriend to come to some tournaments. Maybe if you can spin it to your wife as a social thing, that will help. My GF actually logs on under my username and keeps on top of the latest news -sometimes before I even have a chance to! She asked me if it scared me how much she was getting into the site, and then admitted that it scared her.

She is my own DeceitfulBeauty. Now if only we can get Kathy a cool username like that...

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 6th, 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles