Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Giant Man - Design Phase

ERB sent.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Wow! When it rains it pours! 5 ERBs in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Awesome, awesome job. Few nitpicks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Probably should say Huge or larger for the last power. Possible someday someone will make Ginormous or something. Probably should give it a name that doesn't use Tough as well. That already sort of means something.

Giant swat probably doesn't need the "passes over" clause as passing over Pym requires the figure pass through an adjacent space. You may wish to define adjacent space as well. What if someone flies over a 50 hex tall building that is "1 space" away from Giant Man at ground level?

I love the flavor though. The wording could just use a few tweaks to feel more official.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
C3G's First Fan

Number Two. (Puts pinky finger to pursed lips.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Good stuff Spidey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma

From Marvel Comic Database:

Quote:
-Continuous exposure to Pym Particles over an extended period of time enabled Pym to generate his reducing and expanding fields spontaneously, without exposure to a new quantity of Pym Particles. Hence, Pym could increase or decrease his size simply by will power. -
So I don't know how you want to call it in regards to him being Human or Mutate. Certainly his early representation would be Human since he couldn't do it on his own, but then later when he could do it without outside source, he should be a Mutate. Up to you guys of course.

I like Gigantic, but after just reviewing Omega Red, it makes me wonder why Gian Man can only reach the same height as Omega Red's tentacles (which by the way after looking at the Drow Chain Fighter, I could see Omega Red with a 6 level up or down like the Chain Fighter as his tentacles should at least match a stinking chain) but I would think that Giant Man should be able to feel Giant and be able to attack a figure on a castle wall-walk (w/o battlement). So a range of 12 higher than his base would feel more Gigantic to me anyway and I don't even know if you should have a range for lower than his base as his arms aren't rubbery or extendable. So just as my two cents, I think he'd feel more like Giant Man if he can reach a lot higher than is currently written, and not any lower than normal.

Otherwise I think he looks pretty good. Nice work Spidey and co.

Hahma

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
C3G's First Fan

Numero Tres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Giant Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl

I considered typing this in a giant font, but you'd be obligated by law to kill me.

Here's another Scientist for the Fan4 campaign!

Gigantic
There's a lot of good stuff packed into this. A non-flying Medium or smaller figure in the next space at 8 or more levels above Giant Man would still get height bonus due to the rulebook definition of adjacent, but not if less.

Even with all the stuff in this, I don't think it would be too difficult to keep track of.

Giant Swat
I love this and I'm thinking you'd get to roll the d20 for each adjacent or fly-over space the figure moves through. The wording "through a space adjacent" should cover both flying and non-flying, so I don't anticipate any confusion over that.

Would a Swatted figure placed onto a much lower space need to check for falling damage? My guess would be "no" since you're placing the figure (based on Jotun's Throw).

Giant Tough
Very nice and necessary with 4 life. I like the exemption from other Huge figures. With a life of 4, Anti-Monitor is going to squish this guy like a bug, though defense of 7 would minimize that somewhat. <insert splat here>

Final Thoughts
I love the Swat ability, and there's a lot you've provided to convey a huge dude. Only possible exception is his height of 8. I have the sculpt, and he's not really that huge, is he? You've gotta work with what they give you, I suppose.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM
C3G's First Fan

Number four. Here we have more suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Fun stuff. I've included my comments below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie
Gentlemen, for your perusal, I give you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
The Book of GIANT MAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are 038 / Giant Man.

NAME = GIANT MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HANK PYM

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = INNOVATIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8 (I haven't seen the fig; I'm surprised though that it's only an 8, that's too bad, but you work with what you have, right?)

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS =

GIGANTIC
Giant Man may add 1 to his Range when attacking a figure that is no more than 5 levels above Giant Man's height or 5 levels below Giant Man’s base.

[Interesting power. I like it, except that it isn't clear that he can just reach out and hit someone 2 spaces away--it sounds like he only gets the boost if they are high or low.

What about:

"Giant Man may attack a unit up to 2 spaces away, if that figure in no more than 5 levels above Giant Man's height or 5 levels below Giant Man’s base."

Something like that anyway.]

When counting spaces for movement, Giant Man may ignore elevations of up to 3 levels.

[I'm not sure the wording on this is clear. You mean that he can move up 3 levels as if it's only 1 space, right? What about:

When counting spaces for Giant Man's movement, elevation changes of up to 3 levels count as one space

That's in line with Catwoman, fwiw.]

Giant Man may move through water without stopping. Adjacent Tiny, Small, and Medium figures without the Flying Special Power never add dice for height advantage when attacking or defending against Giant Man.

[Again, interesting. I think it works, though I'd have to think through all the ramifications more to be sure. I like the concept, no question.]
GIANT SWAT
If a figure passes over Giant-Man or through a space adjacent to him, you may roll the 20-sided die to Swat that figure. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure must immediately end its movement and you may place the Swatted figure on an unoccupied space within 2 clear sight spaces of Giant-Man. After placing the Swatted figure, the Swatted figure receives one wound. [Wow, that's a beast of a power. I like it; going to drive the price up a bit, though ]

GIANT TOUGH
When Giant Man defends against a normal attack from a figure that is not Huge, the most wounds he can receive from that attack is one. [Another beastly power. This guy is going to be tough. Get it, tough . Seriously, I like what you've done. ]

SUPERSTRENGTH

Really fun work. I look forward to seeing the finished version. I think this has real promise. Nice work, V

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Number five! From the Helmster:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm
You know I love ya brother but I think I need to be a little critical on this one....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm

GIGANTIC
Giant Man may add 1 to his Range when attacking a figure that is no more than 5 levels above Giant Man's height or 5 levels below Giant Man’s base. When counting spaces for movement, Giant Man may ignore elevations of up to 3 levels. Giant Man may move through water without stopping. Adjacent Tiny, Small, and Medium figures without the Flying Special Power never add dice for height advantage when attacking or defending against Giant Man.

You've got a lot going on in one power right there.

- you add to range during the attacking phase if and only if the defender is in a specific height range
- you have limited "flying" type movement with the ability top move through water and the ability to ignore some elevations... now is that 3 elevations at once or 3 elevations total. In other words can I move 5 consecutive spaces that are each 3 levels up from each other? Or does my beginning and end point have to be within 3 levels?
- you have a height advantage power (which I like by the way and is actually similar to a design in the works in the HemAverse) that takes effect in either the attack or the defense phase.

So basically, you've used one single word/power, "Gigantic", to account for just about everything that this guy should be able to do. I would think that all of this is enough and would look better split out into separate powers but then he still has 2 more powers to go?!?!?!
GIANT SWAT
If a figure passes over Giant-Man or through a space adjacent to him, you may roll the 20-sided die to Swat that figure. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure must immediately end its movement and you may place the Swatted figure on an unoccupied space within 2 clear sight spaces of Giant-Man. After placing the Swatted figure, the Swatted figure receives one wound.

This should probably be trimmed down to figures who move into engagement with him. I know you want fliers affected, but honestly, I don't see this as a good way to do it. As it stands, a flier who passes over him would get swatted at 3 times, once for the space in front, once while passing over, and once for the space behind. It even works the same for a Stealth Flier (why should he be able to swat those figures?). However someone with Phantom Walk would get swatted at only twice, once for the space in front, and once for the space behind, but not for passing "through" his occupied space.

And is he really HUGE? I mean he fits on a single base and therefore should be LARGE. With that said, I would thing that Large and Huge figures should be able to bypass his TOUGH-like power.

Sorry to be so blunt but I really think this guy needs some rethinking as far as how much theme you really want to go with and how much can be trimmed off.

your pal, M.H.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

AND, while I was posting, this came in...Number Six!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
I love Giant Man, so thematic! Great job on the design Spidey I do have a few comments though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
It took me 3 times through to figure out what Gigantic was trying to say. Unfortunately, I can't think of much better wording... And actually going back and reading it now it makes perfect sense, so many I'm just a little slow.

Giant Swat is awesome!

For Giant Tough, the only thing I have to suggest is that you change the name. Tough is already defined as automatic shields, so that was what I was expecting when I read the power. It's not a big issue, but Giant Defense, or something like that may be better so there's no name association.

Again, great LD.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sounds like people don't like the size (which has an official precedent with Moltenclaw) and the name of Giant Tough needs to be changed.

Matt thinks there is too much going on, 1Mmirg needs to reread his Fen Hydra card as I lifted the power text for his reach from that and I need to look over Giant Swat and make sure we are getting the theme there. I thought we were going for him swatting Flying figures, not knocking anyone who moves adjacent to him.
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe "Giant Might" instead of "Giant Tough"?
I'm cool with Human or Mutate for him - I'll defer to those more familiar with Avenger comics.
I like the idea of a larger up and down range on his reach in Gigantic than currently there.
1Mmirg makes a good point about echoing Catwoman's power text with the elevation portion of the Gigantic power. I think that rewording can help with the Gigantic power text.
Matt Helm's response about the Gigantic power is not surprising and I'm glad he shared this feeling. I definitely see where he's coming from, but I think it's a case of the powers inside being simple enough that once you hit actual gameplay, you should have little problem remembering them. That said, I'd be open to trimming if it's something you guys want. None of the other ERBers seemed too concerned on this front, though.
For Giant Swat, I don't have a problem with him being able to hit figures flying over him three times (well, once, only, but three shots at them if he fails the first two). I could see simplifying it to adjacent spaces only, but I do worry that'll just make it feel like an engagement strike and not something fun and new ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old April 14th, 2011, 12:35 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with the Giant Tough comment for sure. The suggested Giant Defense works for me. Would tie in with Magical Defense.

Sure Moltenclaw is official, but everyone on this site hated the fact that he was considered "Huge". Felt like it was a bit of a stretch. Giant Man can still grow bigger though.

Tough call on the Swat. It either becomes a niche ability or something that may as well be called Engagement Strike.
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

fwiw, I'd be fine with Giant Man being listed as Large instead of Huge. The sculpt is what it is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old April 16th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
fwiw, I'd be fine with Giant Man being listed as Large instead of Huge. The sculpt is what it is.
I think it works perfectly as Huge 8. The sculpt is 8 hexes high and Moltenclaw set a precedent of 1 space Huge 8 figures.

As for his Swat, I don't think limiting it to figures who fly over or adjacent to him is niche in SuperHeroScape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library