Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: If 'Scapers offered a Secret Santa gift exchange, would you want to participate?
Yes, sounds fun. 30 83.33%
No, not really into it. 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Secret Santa on Scapers.com in '07?

Okay, so this is obvously WAY too late to get into this year, and WAY too early to talk about for next year. However, after seeing BGG.com's "Secret Santa" event, it hit me just how cool it would be to do for this community as well!

BGG.com Secret Santa: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/secretsanta/

So I just thought I'd bring it up via a poll and ask:

"If 'Scapers offered a Secret Santa gift exchange, would you want to participate?"

Vote and discuss... and Merry Christmas!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
HECK YEAH! Great idea, Anything that let's me give stuff away is something that I would gladly be a part of,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'll also give a HECK YEAH. Very cool idea.
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I was actually thinking of organizing (or at least offering to organize) one this year, but other things came up, and needless to say, I didn't. But I would definately participate! Coincidentally, I received my BGG Santa's gift today.

We would need some sort of way to list what we do/don't want, unless it were to be completely open.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
We would need some sort of way to list what we do/don't want, unless it were to be completely open.
True.

The easiest way to do have a "wish-list" available would be to have participants list desired items on their profile page in the "Interests" box. That way, when you're assigned a person, you can just go to his or her profile page and check out the list. This would also allow for an easy way to keep one's wish list updated.

Old December 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I'm down w/this. I echo Jim. I considered it, but things happened. I wish things would quit happening. Oh, wait, that would be the end of the world. N/M, but yeah, still down w/this.

Yes. :P

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There's no reason we couldn't organize this for a "Christmas in June" event...or even sooner....

Old December 15th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
There's no reason we couldn't organize this for a "Christmas in June" event...or even sooner....
BRILLIANT!!

And I say brilliant because I was just about to post a suggestion of, "Summer Secret Santa!"

Old December 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maybe just before or after GenCon?

Old December 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
I'd say have sign-ups before GC, but the send date happens after. That way, those participating and attending GC can keep an eye out for cool new stuff to send... or even the next GenCon HS exclusive!!!

... assuming there is one...

Old December 15th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
I'd say have sign-ups before GC, but the send date happens after. That way, those participating and attending GC can keep an eye out for cool new stuff to send... or even the next GenCon HS exclusive!!!

... assuming there is one...

NOW THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
[signature here]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General