Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 30th, 2012, 02:41 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Background music/noise

While playing heroscape, I like listening to the Lord of the Rings or Narnia Soundtracks (or the soundtrack to the LOTR musical). For other background music, I enjoy Enya, any classical music, musicals, movie soundtracks, and Bond. There was a stage where I would listen to Heavy Metal screamo bands (such as Demon Hunter) all the time, but I have left that pretty well behind.
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

For heroscape playing a movie soundtrack or maybe smooth jazz is best but for washing dishes or putting heroscape away pop is best!

Old October 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_Love View Post
For heroscape playing a movie soundtrack or maybe smooth jazz is best but for washing dishes or putting heroscape away pop is best!
And this is why this is my woman...

Edit:

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I am a soundtrack score who geek. Stuff by John Williams, James Horner, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, etc...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I am a soundtrack score who geek. Stuff by John Williams, James Horner, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, etc...
I wish we had the time to set real music to our games. But alas, only DnD games of the past have ever had that kind of preparation.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
I wish we had the time to set real music to our games. But alas, only DnD games of the past have ever had that kind of preparation.
No preparation is needed when you have playlists on an ipad/ipod!

Action game? Action score playlist. Space game? Space score playlist. And so on.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
No preparation is needed when you have playlists on an ipad/ipod!

Action game? Action score playlist. Space game? Space score playlist. And so on.
I think the last time we played a big game at home in the living room Chelle put some music on the TV. I think it was to distracting haha! I could see a soundtrack working well though. Something instrumental only preferably.

Old October 17th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

Lol only soundtracks I own are to the Pirates movies so if we made a huge map of water we would be all set.

I like to dance (no matter how badly) so I am sure this is why music is distracting to him.

At the shop we usually have a superhero movie on in the background so it provides noise and a distraction from the play action so sneak kills are easy to get! haha!

Old October 17th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I have listened to a combination of the below albums/artists daily for the past decade, off-and-on (occasionally mixing in something new, or putting my entire collection on random [which never really helps my concentration...Imagine that ] ). A lot of the stuff is soothing (Enya comes to mind), but most of it has a familiarity that acts as both background noise and mental reference.
  • Conan the Barbarian soundtrack
  • Lord of the Rings (FOTR and TT) soundtracks
  • Enigma
  • Enya
  • Queensryche - entire collection on random
  • Judas Priest - Metal Works 73-93
  • Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits (all releases, but mainly The Ragpicker's Dream/Trawlerman's Song; On Every Street, respectively)
  • Michael Hedges - Live on the Double Planet
  • Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason and/or Animals

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General