Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old December 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Standing on a Soapbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Well, whenever I'm told by someone of higher power on the site that I'm wrong or that my opinion doesn't matter much, I feel like I can't retaliate for fear that I get into trouble with even higher powers.
You worry too much.
True, I've been told this. I know that I worry too much.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe it was the way you were talking. I can definitely relate to feeling intimidated when arguing about something, but I know that shouting out my opinions in an authoritative manner, when I really don't even know that much about what I'm talking about, will not get me respect any faster.
If you adopt a tone of wanting to express your opinion, but at the same time respecting, and being open to hearing other ideas, then I'm sure that eventually your posts will start to be respected a bit more.
If you don't want your opinion changed though, I would say either know what your talking about and what you believe so that you can defend your beliefs and ideas with certainty, or just resist the urge to speak at all. Remember, even a fool is considered wise if he remains silent.

(Not calling you a fool BTW )

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
When I first joined the site, my "Theoryscape" comments werent welcome in the Power Rankings Thread. Then, Id notice other users (who had been around here much longer) who would say "So and so should get moved up" with no reason to support it, and have their request done like that. [snaps fingers.]

I understand that someone whos been around here longer, will be better respected, but I dont understand why a newb with a well-supported opinion is told not to "Theoryscape."
The power rankings aren't about theoryscape. They're about empirical theoryscape. It's not about how long your post is, or about how many posts you make on this site (I think that spider_poison and mattsertruckrally have fewer posts than you), or even how long you've been here.

Your posts and thoughts are welcome, but I (or spider_poison before me) are bound to give more weight to opinions that are founded upon results and experience when facing people outside of their own circles than anyone with a keyboard and an older brother "who totally rox at rolling the d20." If you can direct me to your post that you felt was wrongly ignored, I can look into it.
It was a while ago, and actually the post wasn't ignored. However, someone did tell me privately (and a bit rudely) that I was not to theoryscape in that thread, which I understand. However, I've seen others with more "respect" on this site who theoryscaped there.

Thanks for your opinion Jexik.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

This place is no different than real life, there are people who have opinons, and there are people who feel that their opinions matter more than everyone else's. Unfortunately, almost every nerd with a computer feels that their opinion is the best.

Bullies are all over, and those with anonymity will talk louder than normal. Take it in stride and try to remember, it doesn't matter. Insults from a peoson who you've never met and have zero personal connections with should be taken for entertainment purposes only.

I feel for you Scaper94, but don't get too down on yourself. I've been a part of this "community" forever, and I have no posts and no rep, I just come here to read posts, and occasionally make jokes that DO NOT go over well with the locals. Good luck.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

'Scaper...if you feel the need to say something then by all means say it. However you have to understand that if you do then people may disagree and let you know they disagree. If everyone agreed then the world would be a very boring place. You also have to understand that some people are a bit more veracious then others and are not going to back down if you challenge them...In fact you will probably do just the opposite.

Last edited by Onacara; December 20th, 2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To all:

Please realize that it is better to grow a pair and not be so sensitive.

If you are being treated like a delicate flower, then you can bet that we think of you as a fragile and excessively sensitive tulip of a person. You are a Pu55y.

If you are being ragged on occasionally, challenged and even picked on, then be thankful that somebody has given you the opportunity to prove your manhood by assuming that you could take it. It is a compliment of sorts.

Don't be a pu55y, and don't enjoy being treated like a delicate flower. Grow a pair.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I apologize if I'm out of line, but something has been bugging me.

When I get into a debate on HSers, I'm almost always basically told to keep quiet. It seems as though if a user(s) who spend a good amount of time on here, their opinion seems to have much more influence than others who don't have the same amount of time here.

Do we, as users on HSers, have the right to freedom of speech? I feel like it's taken away when I log on because I'm told not to post certain things. Now, I know what's inappropriate and unacceptable to post on a G-rated site. I'm talking more about sharing my opinions. When I express how I feel about a topic on HSers, or give my , someone will always come out and throw theflag at me, and automatically assume that I'm wrong and that I should just stop talking (posting).

Now, in my humble opinion, we should think about our rebuttle and put ourselves in the other person's position before giving our side of the argument. If we do this, it could help to resolve problems a lot quicker and could help avoid hard feelings.

[/rant] I hope this can help sort things out in the future. Arguments and getting angry never solve anything, they just lead to a bigger argument. Again, if I'm out of line, just let me know, and if need be, I'll edit out this post.
No, we don't. If you don't like it, you can get out.

When in a debate, of course people are going to think that you're wrong.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; December 20th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
To all:

Please realize that it is better to grow a pair and not be so sensitive.

If you are being treated like a delicate flower, then you can bet that we think of you as a fragile and excessively sensitive tulip of a person. You are a Pu55y.

If you are being ragged on occasionally, challenged and even picked on, then be thankful that somebody has given you the opportunity to prove your manhood by assuming that you could take it. It is a compliment of sorts.

Don't be a pu55y, and don't enjoy being treated like a delicate flower. Grow a pair.

Can we sticky this somewhere? I think this is a major problem with the internet. People come here for community and expect everyone to always welcome them with open arms and concede to whatever point it is they're trying to make. The truth is, just because YOU think your opinion is right doesn't make it so and people arguing with you, or disproving you are not telling you to stop posting, they are merely arguing their opinion. Freedom of speech is never threatened here that I've seen. Mostly you will get a "This post should be in _____ thread and not here" or "We already have a thread on this ______" unless you're Jotun7 and make countless inane threads, you will never have a thread locked for no good reason or because your views differ with that of the 'community'

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:

When I get into a debate on HSers, I'm almost always basically told to keep quiet. It seems as though if a user(s) who spend a good amount of time on here, their opinion seems to have much more influence than others who don't have the same amount of time here.

Do we, as users on HSers, have the right to freedom of speech? I feel like it's taken away when I log on because I'm told not to post certain things. Now, I know what's inappropriate and unacceptable to post on a G-rated site. I'm talking more about sharing my opinions. When I express how I feel about a topic on HSers, or give my , someone will always come out and throw theflag at me, and automatically assume that I'm wrong and that I should just stop talking (posting).

Now, in my humble opinion, we should think about our rebuttle and put ourselves in the other person's position before giving our side of the argument. If we do this, it could help to resolve problems a lot quicker and could help avoid hard feelings.

[/rant] I hope this can help sort things out in the future. Arguments and getting angry never solve anything, they just lead to a bigger argument. Again, if I'm out of line, just let me know, and if need be, I'll edit out this post.

Exactly! Freedom of Speech, contrary to what some may think, applies only to the Federal Government, not private parties. I hate hearing people say that their employer should not be able to stop them from saying this or that or that they should be able to say whatever they want without repercussions on a private website, etc. Freedom of Speech, as set forth in the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America states that Congress shall pass no law infringing on the freedom of speech, not that people can't tell you to STFU.
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:

Exactly! Freedom of Speech, contrary to what some may think, applies only to the Federal Government, not private parties. I hate hearing people say that their employer should not be able to stop them from saying this or that or that they should be able to say whatever they want without repercussions on a private website, etc. Freedom of Speech, as set forth in the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America states that Congress shall pass no law infringing on the freedom of speech, not that people can't tell you to STFU.
And to take it one step further, this is a privately owned site. We have a lot of leeway on what we can say, but we don't have "freedom of speech" here. Play by the rules and you can stick around. Violate those rules of social etiquette and there will be consequences.

Also there is a difference between saying something and saying something with a logical argument. If a person comes into a thread and just says Q-9 is the worst figure in the game, people are going to say something like STFU. If someone says Q-9 is the worst figure in the game and then backs up that statement with some sort of reasoning why he thinks the game is better off without him. In that example, people might not agree with him, but they might think the guy at least isn't shooting from the hip with random crap.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General