Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 11th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just reading the any power idea again and looks like it could be pretty difficult to pull off some of the best power combos as it would be obvious which power # you were trying to get too. If Star-Lord is an option, you are clearly going for the +1/+1 aura and not the Distracting Fire SA.

At that point it becomes a mind game though- are you going for the obvious choice? Or going for the things your opponent doesn't expect you to choose? Or going for the things your opponent expects you to choose, but expects you to then not choose, knowing that you expect them to expect you to choose and oh God it's 4:30 AM ive lost track of my own thought

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old December 11th, 2018, 12:39 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Just reading the any power idea again and looks like it could be pretty difficult to pull off some of the best power combos as it would be obvious which power # you were trying to get too. If Star-Lord is an option, you are clearly going for the +1/+1 aura and not the Distracting Fire SA.

In seriousness, however, the intent wasn't to be able to easily pull off amazing combos- it was to be able to pull out some very unpredictable stuff that wouldn't normally be available- something I think is captured well by the character

Old December 11th, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Hmm... it probably needs some smoothing of the rougher edges, but I think that design is awesome with tonnes of potential! Well done!

Honestly I expected the first response to be "Alex, my God what have you done, you've gone too far! Too far!" followed by the group collectively storming my ancient castle and torching the place while I remained trapped, screaming in agony as the flames overtook me and cursing you all forever to be haunted by my vengeful spirit due to a pact I had made with Lovecraftian gods.

So this is a nice response to get.
Alex, your sense of humor translates extremely well in text. You consistently crack me up. Well done.

Thank you <3

Old December 11th, 2018, 12:56 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

In seriousness, however, the intent wasn't to be able to easily pull off amazing combos- it was to be able to pull out some very unpredictable stuff that wouldn't normally be available- something I think is captured well by the character

In that case, I think it may be too expensive. 1/2 the cost of several cards that you only plan on using some of the odd ball powers on is a high cost.
Old December 11th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In that case, I think it may be too expensive. 1/2 the cost of several cards that you only plan on using some of the odd ball powers on is a high cost.
I could see it being a legit strategy to draft 2 or 3 cards where the 1st power is the most useful. Then your opponent has to guess which 1st power you’re going for.
Old December 11th, 2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1/4, then? It was the other idea that came into my head

To be clear, it's not that you never could pull off wild combos- like I said, it comes down to what mind games you wind up playing with your opponent

I think it would lead to some interesting stuff

Old December 11th, 2018, 01:04 AM

Oh also i should make it clear, I intended for multiple Quiz Markers to be able to go on one card at once

so if nothing else you could bamboozle your opponent by placing all 4 Quiz Markers on one card, in which case they'd have to take pure luck guesses at which is which

Old December 11th, 2018, 01:41 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That changes things a bit then if you can put multiple markers on the same card, I think a 1 marker per card limit would make it easier to balance.
Old December 11th, 2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
That changes things a bit then if you can put multiple markers on the same card, I think a 1 marker per card limit would make it easier to balance.

I feel like if we tested it I'd like to try both versions

Old December 11th, 2018, 04:38 AM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:
I feel like if we tested it I'd like to try both versions
Yeah, it might work out just fine with multiple markers per card as I could just pick the power I didn't want you to have and guess the same number for each marker until I got it right. Then I at least deny you a healing factor or something.

As I said before, it's just a lot to consider all at once when you have almost 800 cards, most of which have 3 powers. You'd want to draft cheaper cards with multiple powers you would be really happy getting. Then it would be easier to mix up the numbers and still get something pretty good. I might try to copy something like Counterstrike on one card then try to get a really high defense number from a different card. Or just try to get a really high attack number from a card and not worry about the power you are picking up from that card.

It will be tricky to figure out the best combos since you can only get 1 power that appears 1st on a card, 1 2nd, and 1 3rd. Defensive powers often come last so they are all power #3 and thus it could be hard to stack multiple defense powers together. But draft the right 2 or 4 power card into the mix and maybe you could do something like that.

I'd consider using a 2nd set of OM's as the Quiz Markers to insure they all looked the same and you can look at/check your own markers without flipping anything over.

Last edited by Yodaking; December 11th, 2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old December 11th, 2018, 08:53 AM

New design idea?

Old December 11th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = RULING-CASTE DOMINATOR
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = DOMINATOR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

GENE BOMB
Start the game with a Bomb Marker. Once per game, at the start of the round, you may place the Bomb Marker on this card. While the Bomb Marker is on this card, all Metahuman figures’ special powers are negated. At the end of each round, if the Bomb Marker is on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or lower, remove the Bomb Marker from the game.

ALIEN ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with this figure, you may take a turn with up to two Invader Squads you control.
I've been wracking my brain for a while trying to think of a way to tie a whole bunch of alien invaders together. Then I remembered that was literally the plot of a whole DC event.

Is Gene Bomb too much?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy