Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 29th, 2022, 12:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Army Painter Speedpaint Test - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Good to see you like them. They're fantastic. The issues people have with them can be dealt with quite easily. I've had one heck of a time using them. I used to paint very quickly, now its even faster. Your stuff looks great.
Old September 29th, 2022, 01:46 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken515 View Post
These look great! I just started using the Speedpaints as well and really like them. I'll need to pick your brain for some tips at the Ohio tournament next weekend!
For sure, I'm always happy to chat about painting and Heroscape. It's the perfect intersection of my hobbies . Have you posted your painted minis anywhere? I'd love to check them out!
I've posted a couple pics in the Heroscape discord. My username on there is RainyDays. Probably going to post a pic of some dwarves I've painted soon.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 11:26 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hrognak and Bugs and Bugs and Bugs and

I found a two-dollar Triceratop figure at Krogers, and knew I had to repaint it and make Hrognak. His howdah is a mix of thin wood shapes and airdry clay, and is decorated with Chaos Space Marine Rhino bits. I went ahead and gave Hrognak a quick repaint to match my own orcs, and rebased him to a WH4K0 base so that he could fit into the howdah.

I went on a buying spree of extremely cheap prank bugs after buying the High Dune Scorpions (Which are currently under Unified Fanscape review in the SoV process), and gave them all quick paint jobs. This ended up being tricker than expected, as the paint was left sticky even after weeks of drying time. The scorpions in particular were very gummy, and I ended up having to scrub off a layer of paint with a toothbrush.

To fix this, I covered them in a couple of heavy washes and a heavy spray of varnish. As long as that outer layer is dry, I don't care how sticky the inside is. While the paint jobs are not stand out amazing, they no longer look like, well, fake prank ants and spiders, and I'm happy with the result.

Fire Ants

Red Ants

High Dune Scorpions

Fyorlag Spiders

That's a lotta bugs
Old November 3rd, 2022, 12:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Hrognak and Bugs and Bugs and Bugs - Orgbsane's Hobby Th

I have bees and I have ants (which I plan to just use to proxy either ant card) but I don't have spiders. Buying some of these spiders instead is a great idea!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 3rd, 2022, 01:12 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I have bees and I have ants (which I plan to just use to proxy either ant card) but I don't have spiders. Buying some of these spiders instead is a great idea!
The spiders are the best minis as well, they are a harder plastic and did not get gummy and sticky like the others. All I did was a dark brown drybrush and a light brown drybrush, and they turned out nice for less than a minute spent on each. Here's a link to them: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVJ3LBN...roduct_details

BEES?!?! I forgot about them, I thought I had the bugs covered . Now I gotta find some proxies for them as well lol
Old November 3rd, 2022, 02:57 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you need a place to buy the bees, cmgames linked to this site in the Amberhive Protector's book. Shipping is approximately $7.95, but the actual bee figures are extremely cheap, being priced at $0.79 per bee (provided you buy 12 or more).

Also, just wanted to say that your work is excellent! Reading this thread is actually what convinced me to purchase 3D printed figures and try to paint them; you clearly elucidate your process for painting figures, which was quite valuable to me. Looking forward to whatever you paint next!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 3rd, 2022, 03:31 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
If you need a place to buy the bees, cmgames linked to this site in the Amberhive Protector's book. Shipping is approximately $7.95, but the actual bee figures are extremely cheap, being priced at $0.79 per bee (provided you buy 12 or more).
For some reason I was under the impression that they were expensive unless bought in bulk. Thank you for the link, I’ll definitely be snagging some to round out my bug collection lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
Also, just wanted to say that your work is excellent! Reading this thread is actually what convinced me to purchase 3D printed figures and try to paint them; you clearly elucidate your process for painting figures, which was quite valuable to me. Looking forward to whatever you paint next!
Thank you, that’s so cool to hear! If you ever want to chat about painting just shoot me a message. I’ll be excited to see your work
Old November 9th, 2022, 06:22 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

C3G Horror

I didn't quite get all the horror minis C3G has on offer, but I got enough to run a few teams of slashers. These guys were a bunch of fun to build and were mostly very cheap and available. For the rarer and more expensive minis, @TREX provided me with some lovely 3d printed sculpt. I normally paint pretty fast these days, but I took my time on those sculpts, as they were just too nice to rush.

Jason

Micheal

Freddy

Ghostface
Ghostface is very bright in this photo, the grays are much darker in person, but I couldn't get a good shot of them.

Leathface, Pinhead, Sam, and Chucky
Leatherface is my favorite of the mishmash builds. The three different Heroclix minis that make him up really mesh well. For Pinhead, I ended up positioning himself terribly on his base, he's standing right on the edge, leaving a bunch of open space. So I got a little creative with a knife and blood effect, and I gave him a victim.

Terminator and cooler Terminator
T-2 follows the exact formula laid out in his Book, but for T-1 I tricked him out with an assault rifle from Captain America and a pistol from an ODST, so that he better matches his movie loadout.

Ash

I'm going to round out the horror faction, and then get to work on slayers. With how much I love horror, my games of C3G may become superheroless
Old November 9th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Horror - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Those look great! I like your Leatherface.
Old November 9th, 2022, 09:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work!
Old November 10th, 2022, 08:54 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Thanks! Leatherface is definitely my favorite of the mods, though Chucky comes close. Looking at Chucky, it seems I forgot to give him a knife though! I originally did use Data for Micheal like you suggested Tornado, before I got the 3D print. I ended up using a shard of a sunflower seed shell for his knife. I’ll just pop that off Data and give it Chucky lol
Old November 10th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Post a pic of that Data mod first!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions