Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 11th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Here's the link to Osprey Games resource page. It has stuff for various games of theirs, so you will have to scroll through it. It will have links to the various downloads.

https://ospreypublishing.com/gaming-resources#FROST

I have the main book, the Lich Lord one and the Frostgrave Folio. But I won't even get to those for a long time, not to mention my buddy has them too, as well as the Breeding Pits. If I were you, I would just get the main rulebook for now, as I believe it has 10 scenarios.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 11th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Curse you TREX, now you've got me thinking that too.
@Hahma - how does Frostgrave compare with Pathfinder? The treasure hunt scenario sounds fun. I've played Pathfinder a few times, and the game just feels like it goes at a snail pace. It takes an hour to get through one battle with four party members and five enemy figures. That's boring.

I've never played Pathfinder, other than the card game.

You aren't necessarily playing to defeat enemy figures, though some scenarios may give you extra XP'S for killing certain specific ones. But the main thing is to get treasure tokens off the board. They give you gold and magic stuff. They also give your wizard 50 XP for each treasure taken off the board. You also get 10 XP'S for each successful spell your wizard and apprentice casts. You get XP'S also for taking an opponent's wizard or apprentice out of the game.

XP'S are important because you can improve your wizard between games.

Old May 11th, 2017, 06:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Cool, thanks for the link.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 11th, 2017, 07:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I went for it @Hahma , I'm going to be making tons of cool Gridless Heroscape Terrain that I'll be using for frostgrave too. Too many awesome games, too little time.

Old May 11th, 2017, 07:36 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@Hahma @TREX @Porkins

I still have some stuff from when I was preparing to play Frostgrave in a file on my PC. One of those files is a PDF of some nice, printable, user made, Frostgrave Spell cards. I think I also have the pdf for the Wizard sheet too. If anyone is interested in either.

As for the cards, I think that I remember reading that Osprey bought the custom deck from the guy who made it, and it is now the official deck. So I'm not sure if there are any copyright issues or not. But I do not believe so.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 11th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I went for it @Hahma , I'm going to be making tons of cool Gridless Heroscape Terrain that I'll be using for frostgrave too. Too many awesome games, too little time.
Awesome TREX! I look forward to pictures and bat reps

I have another game of Frostgrave scheduled for this Saturday. I think we are going to try The Mausoleum scenario.

Old May 11th, 2017, 07:40 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
@Hahma @TREX @Porkins

I still have some stuff from when I was preparing to play Frostgrave in a file on my PC. One of those files is a PDF of some nice, printable, user made, Frostgrave Spell cards. I think I also have the pdf for the Wizard sheet too. If anyone is interested in either.

As for the cards, I think that I remember reading that Osprey bought the custom deck from the guy who made it, and it is now the official deck. So I'm not sure if there are any copyright issues or not. But I do not believe so.

I'm thinking that the link Hahma gave has that info, but if you want to post it that'd be great too. I'm not going to get to check it out for a minute but soon enough. I need to get off my butt and do some oil changes and some other chores so I can get back to playing.

Old May 11th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
@TREX - I know you're a big Imperial Assault Skirmish fan. I've played about three games with my dad so far with just the core set, but we fail to see where the strategy/depth within the actual gameplay lies. Everything seems pretty simple, pre-determined, and luck based within the game itself; it's almost like the real strategy only lies in list-building. Thoughts? I'd love to be persuaded otherwise.
A lot of the tactics on imperial assault come from what command cards you play with the units you play. If you have the base set you probably h@vent played too many different scenarios as all of them require different tactics. With Imperial assault it insnt all about killing units. Im pretty sure you can downoad different maps online. Im sure it can get old if you play the same teams with the same cards and units over and over on the same scenario. In the skirmish game look at it like heroscape. The more types of units you field make it more interesting tactically speaking. If yournot sure aboutbuying more figures, proxy them and print their cards off the internet. I used quite a few of my hoss figures at the beginning because they are the same scale.
Thanks for the response! Makes sense that it isn't the full experience as there isn't much in the way of options in the base game. Thanks!
Old May 11th, 2017, 11:19 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski has become interested in Samurai Battles, so I'll be playing it again after a while of not bringing it out, on Monday. Since I'm just back from two weeks in Japan, I'm into it!
Old May 12th, 2017, 10:35 AM
"like" happy

I'm so stoked to get to try frostgrave. I've got all these ideas on how I'm going to customize some figures to look awesome as my crew of dudes. I'll probably have to do a couple of crews because I'm the one in my group that has the hordes of minis.

Old May 12th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My daughter and I played a game of Frostgrave last night with some rules I found on the web. I just scattered a bunch of Heroscape castle walls everywhere for the battlefield. It was a lot of fun! We're looking forward to getting the real rulebook and playing some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 12th, 2017, 11:09 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
...some rules I found on the web.
Link?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games