Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
'Fire Isles' or 'Ember Canyon Road'

I am hosting a small heroScape tournament this weekend and I am looking for a high quality map to showcase the various expansions. I am looking for the best (funwise and tactically) map to showcase the lava set. While I am sure both of these are excellent maps I am particularly interested in how well the lava set plays into it.

Of course if you know of another great map of a similar type/size and calibre as the Battlefields of Valhalla maps, and which better utilizes the lava set, please suggest as well.

Thanks in advance.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: 'Fire Isles' or 'Ember Canyon Road'

This probably belongs in the map/scenarios thread, but my vote is for Fire Isles. Great map that gets the battle going fast and furiously and the only way to gain height (just about) is to go up on the lava hexes.

-insert signature here-
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM

donaldb Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
This probably belongs in the map/scenarios thread, but my vote is for Fire Isles. Great map that gets the battle going fast and furiously and the only way to gain height (just about) is to go up on the lava hexes.
Yeah, Fire Isles is imo a better map. It is very fun to play on and a small map too so it helps keep the action going.

Do you have the NERV?
Frisbee. Heroscape. Airsoft. Life is simple.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

I'd go with Fire Isles, too!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Fire Isles is definitely one of my favorite maps in the BoV, but Hot Heights (also in the BoV) is an excellent choice as well. The lava on both forces players to use it wisely. Where Fire Isles is fast and furious, Hot Heights is perhaps a bit more protracted and tactical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 23rd, 2008, 01:26 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Fire Isles over Ember Canyon road; Fire Isles is one of the best maps (I'd say top 3) I've ever played on. Jexik is also right about Hot Heights, though.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hopscorch?
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All three are very strong maps, but as you can see, "Fire Isles" has surpassed them all. In my opinion it is one of the best maps out there, not just for lava terrain.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah Iisle Isle rules!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:10 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks guys, glad Fire Isles is making people happy.
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like an easy decision then. I'm glad I had reason to enquire, seems I've been missing something really good here.
Thanks all.

Old April 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
the Teirible

I just downloaded it. Everything I need to build it is there but the overview picture on the first page is offset so you can only see about half the map.

Looking forward to trying it out thought!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion