Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 31st, 2011, 09:33 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New:Aquilla Kyrie Squad 8/31

Cool card, and the sculpt fits the bill perfectly, Clown. They remind me of the Einar Imperium, but with enhancements. Might I recommend a couple of options:
  • Keep the original wording (with 16+, vice 15+), but crank up their point value to at least 130 (perhaps 140). With Atlaga, they are extremely mobile, and they can wipe out either squads or high-priced heroes in one turn (3 auto wound opportunities, plus 3 decent attacks); plus, they have a great defense, especially as they have a good chance of obtaining height.
  • Change the wording of Swooping Dive so that they can use it instead of performing a regular attack, and lower the d20 roll to something like 13+. They will still have the option of bypassing high-defense, but they will have to sacrifice their normal attack to do so.
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM

AriWerd Woo who?

I like the second of the two suggestions better. Getting to take out a squad figure and then getting to attack seems really good to me. Having to choose between the two make for more interesting game play decisions I think.

Cool squad, Lamaclown

-AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Cool card, and the sculpt fits the bill perfectly, Clown. They remind me of the Einar Imperium, but with enhancements. Might I recommend a couple of options:
  • Keep the original wording (with 16+, vice 15+), but crank up their point value to at least 130 (perhaps 140). With Atlaga, they are extremely mobile, and they can wipe out either squads or high-priced heroes in one turn (3 auto wound opportunities, plus 3 decent attacks); plus, they have a great defense, especially as they have a good chance of obtaining height.
  • Change the wording of Swooping Dive so that they can use it instead of performing a regular attack, and lower the d20 roll to something like 13+. They will still have the option of bypassing high-defense, but they will have to sacrifice their normal attack to do so.
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:54 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New:Aquilla Kyrie Squad 8/31 (last p

Thanks for the input everyone! I'll look at making some changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I'm curious to know if you have a figure for a Raptor hero.

A different version of Hawkman from heroclix. Haven't decided on any powers yet. Stats aren't set in stone. So, I am totally open to any suggestions.
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:42 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Nice squad, LC! Good choice of figures. They fit well with Aquilla.

I like Swooping Dive as it is on the card with 2 minor adjustments. I think it should be 16 or higher for the roll and limited to Small or Medium figures. 16 or higher is that true 25% chance. If you don't limit the size, these guys would get 3 shots bypassing a Deathwalkers high defense. With those edits, I think 120 is probably a bit low - I could see 130 and maybe 140. They are probably most like the Einar Imperium. Both squads have the ability to do damage twice in a turn. The Raptors are faster but not quite as mobile without Stealth. The Raptors can get tied down in an engagement where that extra defense die will come in handy.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

With all the majority of input I have gotten here as well as in PMing I think I will go with upping their price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

I like Swooping Dive as it is on the card with 2 minor adjustments. I think it should be 16 or higher for the roll and limited to Small or Medium figures. 16 or higher is that true 25% chance. If you don't limit the size, these guys would get 3 shots bypassing a Deathwalkers high defense. With those edits, I think 120 is probably a bit low - I could see 130 and maybe 140. They are probably most like the Einar Imperium. Both squads have the ability to do damage twice in a turn. The Raptors are faster but not quite as mobile without Stealth. The Raptors can get tied down in an engagement where that extra defense die will come in handy.
Thanks, mac. It was actually supposed to be 16 or higher, I mistyped that one. The size limitation is a good idea as well.

I would like to keep their point total at 120 or below (preferably 110).

What if I went with an either/or kind of thing as FtC suggested? If they use Swooping Dive they cannot attack that turn.

I was considering dropping their movement to 5 as well. That would also limit the range with which Swooping Dive can be used with impunity.

Any other thoughts on what I can change to keep them at 120 or below?
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Changing the Swooping verbiage to either/or, and reducing the movement to 5, should do the trick. This puts them more on par with Minions pricing (and actually makes them a good counter-draft to Minions), and you are paying 10 points more for an auto-wound ability and a bit more mobility. Speaking of the auto-wound ability, I agree about limiting this ability to affecting only small/medium; their strength of 3 will be easily boosted to 4 with height, and they can still kick some Large/Huge a$$ when needed.

So, are these guys on par with 4 black wyrmlings (probably their closest competition)? With 3 activations a turn, and tougher Defense, I would say Yes.

Are you planning on any bonding with your proposed Kyrie hero? If so, that could have an impact on their 120 point price tag.

And, since I brought him up...How about giving him some sort of Swooping Dive enhancement? For example, "any Kyrie Warriors within 2 clear sight spaces of <insert Kyrie hero name> add +1 to their Swooping Dive rolls."

You could also give him his own, hero-killing version of Swooping Dive (Majestic Dive, etc), where he gets a +1 to his own Dive rolls for each Aquilla-following Kyrie within x spaces of him, etc.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; September 1st, 2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Majestic holy diver
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I was considering dropping their movement to 5 as well. That would also limit the range with which Swooping Dive can be used with impunity.
It would also increase Atlaga's value, an added bonus. Good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Are you planning on any bonding with your proposed Kyrie hero? If so, that could have an impact on their 120 point price tag.
That doesn't need to be true, though. Any ability on the hero's card that enhances the Raptors should only factor into the hero's price tag. Straight-up Bonding would be very unusual for a Kyrie squad and Lama didn't put it on their card. So as long as the hero is appropriately priced it shouldn't throw anything off.

I agree that the size limitation is a good idea. Lama, I don't think you should make Swooping and Attacking an either/or scenario. Simply put, I think you'll find them boring to play if you do that. I could be wrong, though. The choice could be fun. See what works best.

Restrict the power as you see fit. Then try them at 120 if that's what you want. Personally, I still don't see 110 outside the realm of possibility, but you'll just need to guage how effective they are.
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
With all the majority of input I have gotten here as well as in PMing I think I will go with upping their price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

Thanks, mac. It was actually supposed to be 16 or higher, I mistyped that one. The size limitation is a good idea as well.

I would like to keep their point total at 120 or below (preferably 110).

What if I went with an either/or kind of thing as FtC suggested? If they use Swooping Dive they cannot attack that turn.

If you make it so it's either Swooping Dive or a regular attack, that would do the trick. That would definitely put them at 120 or below. The die roll needs to be around 12 or 13 as the Clown-who-needs-a-shower suggested.

If you reduce their move by 1 as well, then you're definitely at 110 (maybe 100). Their threat range and the ability to hide behind terrain, pop over, swoop, and return are diminished.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Great Kyrie Aquilla Squad!

I was thinking of making an aquilla hero and squad myself. Since all the Kyrie heroes have auras or other general assist powers (healing, summoning) I was thinking an Aquilla hero should have a aura that gives a power similar to Brave Arrow and the Mohicans:

Concealment Aura:
When any figure you control within 6? clear sight spaces of XXXX that receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure who is not adjacent, you may roll the 20-sided die. [[Count the minimum number of spaces between the attacker and the defending figure. Add this number to your die roll.]] If you roll a 16? or higher, ignore any wounds that figure received.

The [[Brackets]] are optional, but the point is to help more against ranged attacks than melee. This figure would work great in any army and could be an alternative to Raelin. The aura range and D-20 power would have to be tweaked and could greatly affect costing. If you made it 10+ (no extra for range) to me that is generally the same as Raelin's +2 defense, but is even better for low-defense units like Venocs.
Old September 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"While a Raptor is flying... ...Figures under overhangs or beside taller structures can not be affected by Swooping Dive."

This would limit the dive from being at someone beside a cliff, tree or castle wall where winds, direction of travel and/or wingspans could cause issues. IMHO it would also keep the points cost at 120.

Fantastic squad.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 1st, 2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Now off to the store to buy some heroclix!
Old September 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM

Thanks for all the input everyone! I am working on the changes. I should receive my squads of these guys in a couple of days and can't wait to get them on the table.

Even while making the changes I am still open to input for these guys. Their is wisdom in a multitude of counselors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Great Kyrie Aquilla Squad!

I was thinking of making an aquilla hero and squad myself. Since all the Kyrie heroes have auras or other general assist powers (healing, summoning) I was thinking an Aquilla hero should have a aura that gives a power similar to Brave Arrow and the Mohicans:

Concealment Aura:
When any figure you control within 6? clear sight spaces of XXXX that receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure who is not adjacent, you may roll the 20-sided die. [[Count the minimum number of spaces between the attacker and the defending figure. Add this number to your die roll.]] If you roll a 16? or higher, ignore any wounds that figure received.

The [[Brackets]] are optional, but the point is to help more against ranged attacks than melee. This figure would work great in any army and could be an alternative to Raelin. The aura range and D-20 power would have to be tweaked and could greatly affect costing. If you made it 10+ (no extra for range) to me that is generally the same as Raelin's +2 defense, but is even better for low-defense units like Venocs.
That is so weird! I have a mock card made for him and he has a very similar ability to this using the d20 that would prevent other figures you control from receiving wounds from ranged attacks.

Great minds think alike... and so do ours!
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New:Vydar Kyrie Squad 9/4

OK, I am dropping the move of the Raptors down to 5 and limiting Swooping Dive to only small or medium figs. I thought Spite may be right about them possibly being on the boring side of they have to choose between a normal attack and Swooping Dive so for now, they will be able to use both per turn. With the changes I made I am going to price them at 120 and see what playtesting tells me.

In the meantime, here is my Vydar kyrie squad. It uses the Firefly figure from Heroclix.

They are a run of the mill ranged squad but with Fireflight they have some protection against the usual melee swarm that is typical for dealing with ranged squads. You just need to be careful in how you place them and other figures you control.

Thoughts on these or the Raptors?

BTW, I also have mounted knights for Vydar coming up soon (I know, "Knights for Vydar?" You will see why soon).

Last edited by Lamaclown; September 4th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards