Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 7th, 2017, 07:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
2017 Thursday Night Classic - 450 points

This event will take place during Open Play on Thursday night, 9 PM, at Gencon.

To play in this event, bring an army of at most 450 points. A maximum of 18 figures can be placed at the start of the game.

The format for each game is kill 'em all, however, before each game there will be a reverse draft:
  • Begin with a dice-off. The winner of the dice-off chooses one of the armies (theirs, or their opponent's) and says they want to play with that army.
  • The loser of the dice-off either agrees to let the dice-off winner play with that army, or removes at least one figure from that army and says they want to play with it.
  • The players go back and forth, removing additional figure(s) from the chosen army each time, until one player passes and lets the other player use it.
  • The player who passes plays the army that was not chosen in the first step (at full strength).
Fine print:
Spoiler Alert!

We'll do a brief demonstration of reverse draft before the first round. Even if you can't follow it above, it's very simple once you've seen it done once.
Old June 11th, 2017, 02:15 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2017 Thursday Night Classic - 450 points

Ugh reverse draft. :P Its like you're out to get me Dok.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 12th, 2017, 11:55 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Ugh reverse draft. :P Its like you're out to get me Dok.
I feel like reverse draft is easier than normal draft. There's no guesswork about how the armies might end up looking at the end. Each bid is a bid to play a specific matchup.

Anyway, if you're in doubt, just bring your main event army and get some practice with it.
Old June 12th, 2017, 05:41 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lol glad you feel that way. I struggle every time to know when to stop bidding. That's a good idea though.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 5th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My dad and I have tickets for the Thursday Night Classic
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:31 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Don't do what I did last year and bring all A+ figures (I had Major Q9, Stingers, Raelin, and Rats) - that army got bid down so much and I always ended up playing it and loosing. Bring an army that is hard to field but you know well (I guess same as reverse-the-whip tournaments).
Old August 17th, 2017, 12:34 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Myself, Major Q23 and I.S.B.3 are entering.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con