Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:10 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Tagawa Samuri Archers & Bloodlust?

I have checked the FAQ's at Hasbro. I did my best to search here. I have analized the hell out of this. Now, I ask you. Can the Tagawa Samuri Archers benifit from Tagawa Samuri power of Bloodlust.

Now, before the ranting, flaming, and feces throwing begins, allow me to point out both sides of this question.

No, they can't. The power of Bloodlust is on the Tagawa Samuri card and does not include text to include the Archers. If a power effects other cards, the Names, Race, Personality, etc. is listed.

Yes, they can. The name Tagawa Samuri is on the Tagawa Samuri Archers card. Look at the name. All they added was "Archers." Read Bloodlust carefully. Also, they could have made the Archers a part of any Samuri class. They choose the Tagawa and made no attemt to dissuade players from doing so.

HEROSCAPERS! What say you?

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I say a Tagawa Samurai is NOT a Tagawa Samurai Archer.

Everything else follows logically from there.

~Aldin, not Aldin Archer

EDIT I also see you have not been greeted properly so...

Welcome to the boards, Zorgophlats!

On behalf of our registering LONG before posting and arrow firing community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the friendship, acclaim and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

/EDIT

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:18 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No, they can't. Just because a new unit comes along with a similar name doesn't mean you can apply powers to its card. Look at Deathwalker 9000's card; it just says "Deathwalker" on it, but that doesn't mean the other Deathwalkers can use its powers.
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Thanks for the ruling. Between me and my friends at Devry, the ruling on things like this usually stand on this rule "He who makes the most logical argument wins." Typically we get the right answer (which I check up on later), but this one just had to be asked.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Soooo... I guess we now just wait for nether to tell us to do what the card says, not what it doesn't say.

Right?

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:27 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Can we still throw feces at him?
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
No, they can't. Just because a new unit comes along with a similar name doesn't mean you can apply powers to its card. Look at Deathwalker 9000's card; it just says "Deathwalker" on it, but that doesn't mean the other Deathwalkers can use its powers.
Sooooo, there's no chance I could possibly Frenzy with my Venoc Warlord?

Darn.
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:20 AM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Yeah, but at least all kyrie warriors have an attack aura, defense aura, healing powers, summoning skills, and the ability to kill people with an ugly hat.

What do you mean they dont?

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Yeah, but at least all kyrie warriors have an attack aura, defense aura, healing powers, summoning skills, and the ability to kill people with an ugly hat.

What do you mean they dont?
Well, the ugly hat part still works.
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's actually not the worst argument I've ever seen. It would almost be a neat (if not potentially broken) game mechanic. I agree with Aldin's answer that Tagawa Samurai are not Tagawa Samurai Archers, but at the same time I'm tempted to ask Hasbro anyway. More in case they DID intend for something like this and nobody really caught it before. Unlikely, but it would make up for a lot of the complaints of how boring the TSA are.
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
It's actually not the worst argument I've ever seen. It would almost be a neat (if not potentially broken) game mechanic. I agree with Aldin's answer that Tagawa Samurai are not Tagawa Samurai Archers, but at the same time I'm tempted to ask Hasbro anyway. More in case they DID intend for something like this and nobody really caught it before. Unlikely, but it would make up for a lot of the complaints of how boring the TSA are.
Yeah it would be funny if Craig used them that way at GenCon and then looked at us like we were mad for not knowing that. :P

Old March 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
It would be nice it was were true, I find the Samuari archers to be pretty weak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units