Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old January 6th, 2016, 03:00 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Kudos

Worked for me as well. Zanks.

~Dysole, appreciatively
Old January 6th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Website Issues (With Mysterious Disappearing Final Page)

It works! Thank you LordRaidor!
Old January 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Attempting to delete my comments from a file I've posted in the Downloads section has been unsuccessful. Here is my example:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4449
Old January 31st, 2016, 11:54 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Totally Un-HoSS Comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Attempting to delete my comments from a file I've posted in the Downloads section has been unsuccessful...
Hmmm, ...looks like the HoSS Usergroup was prohibited from editing their own comments. Dunno why, so I changed it. Try it again now.

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old February 1st, 2016, 12:20 AM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Still not having any luck:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...3a7c22bf9db8ea
Old February 1st, 2016, 06:20 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
...[blank stare]...

..."invalid security token" huh, ...I have absolutely no idea what that means. X_x

I've never really tinkered in the Downloads section much. From the 'forum permissions' angle, everything looks like you should be able to do it. I managed to successfully delete your comment - not sure why you couldn't. Perhaps one of the X-Men (@Xotli and @Xorlof ) will have a better handle on this one...

Sorry.

X_x
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old February 1st, 2016, 06:33 PM

Thanks Lord Raidor. You accomplished what I was trying to do.
Old February 26th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We've suffered a database foul-up and everyone's "additional usergroups" got wiped out. This was entirely my fault and I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience. I'm currently working hard to put things back to rights, but in the meantime, if you see any problems, please send me a PM and I will try to fix the issue promptly.

The sorts of problems I'm talking about would include (but may not be limited to):
  • Missing banners.
  • Lost access to a private forum you used to have access to.
  • Don't have permission for something you used to.

I will ask everyone to be patient with me as I work through the issues. Remember that I may have to verify your access before I can perform the correction.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Xotli really put in extra hours last night working on fixing this up. We've got a backup of those user permissions that we're restoring and will be applying later today.

So as to not flood Xotli's PM box, (unless he says otherwise below), you might want to hold off until tomorrow to let him know of anything that doesn't look right because the restored backup later today should set everything straight.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:42 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Xotli really put in extra hours last night working on fixing this up. We've got a backup of those user permissions that we're restoring and will be applying later today.

So as to not flood Xotli's PM box, (unless he says otherwise below), you might want to hold off until tomorrow to let him know of anything that doesn't look right because the restored backup later today should set everything straight.
Thanks for letting us know, guys. Is there an approximate ETA on when this update will be?

~TGRF.

P.S. Also, will we need to re-subscribe to threads? I for whatever reason can still access the Codex forum and am subscribed to it, but I seem to have lost the CoN thread and a few others that I can't recall.
Old February 26th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Thanks for letting us know, guys. Is there an approximate ETA on when this update will be?
Probably before tomorrow morning. We've restored the backup and Xotli is going to make the necessary adjustments using data from that backup when he can. I'm guessing that'll probably be when he's on next with a computer (can't really do it efficiently via a phone).

Quote:
Also, will we need to re-subscribe to threads? I for whatever reason can still access the Codex forum and am subscribed to it, but I seem to have lost the CoN thread and a few others that I can't recall.
I'm not sure. Possibly. Tagging @Xotli who is the one most familiar with the details of the current issue.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, quick update:

As Xorlof said, he was able to locate a backup (all hail Xorlof!) which appears to from approximately Mon Feb 22 16:04:54 2016 (that's UTC, a.k.a. GMT, so adjust for your timezone accordingly). I will be working over the next few hours or so to restore everyone's usergroups to the way they were as of that time.

IMPORTANT CAVEAT: If you are aware of anyone who was added (or removed) from a usergroup after that time, please send me a PM.

On the other hand, since we now have a backup which gets us at least up through 4 days ago(ish), you can stop sending PMs for any usergroup you belonged to prior to that time. I have your PMs that you sent up until now, and I will use those to verify usergroups after the restore. In the meantime, you'll get faster results if I concentrate on the restore process. I'm not ignoring your PMs, I promise. Just trying to fix everyone at once instead of trying to do them all one at a time.

Quote:
I hope to have this done by this evening at the latest. I'll keep everyone here apprised of the situation.

Quote:
P.S. Also, will we need to re-subscribe to threads? I for whatever reason can still access the Codex forum and am subscribed to it, but I seem to have lost the CoN thread and a few others that I can't recall.
Thread subscriptions were not affected by this problem. It's possible that you can't see a thread in a forum that you no longer have access to, but that problem should disappear once the usergroups are all patched up. AFA why you can see the Codex thread but not others, I did do a few manual corrections last night to try to alleviate the worst of the confusion this morning, and that was based on recent activity (so for example your membership in the Codex Staff group was restored). But there were a few groups I didn't try to fiddle with (such as the CoN groups) because I know they're set up somewhat delicately (e.g. giving people access to CoN groups incorrectly could screw up the game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online