Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like it. I'm not sure how often the lava in the middle will be used though. Is +1 attack or defense worth wounding a figure every two turns? It's a tough choice, which in turns makes an excellent map.

I think I will try this one out tonight.

Old November 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Post Maneuvers and Boiling Point look great. I'll try to get a game or two in on each soon and tell you what I think. You're making them too fast for me to keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
New map: Boiling Point. 1 MS + 1 FF + 1 VW
Highlights
Balanced glyph placement
24-hex starting zones
Glyphs
2 glyph locations

The lava fields offer height and glyphs; the water impedes figures retreating from the lava fields.
I've begun looking into these maps more, and I think you're one of the better map makers here - I loved Embattled Fen! This looks like an interesting map. Semi-Symetrical? Check! The Lava area looks interesting - but the Sand height looks more easily accesible, and the Lava area looks like it is hell (Fitting, too - Hell, is after all, a landscape of lava and fires) for double-spaced units, especially Nilfheim.
All in all, it looks like a map I want to try out. I'll definately be looking at this one!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:40 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey GameBear, I tried out your map, Boiling Point. Double spaced didn't have a difficult time, Braxas, Jotun, Me-Burq-Sa and Jotun at least moved around fine. The lava was used too, despite the negative effects like me losing a Venoc Viper and one damage to Hulk on them. The only thing was that lava was ot so much used for height as for the glyphs it held. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing but just what happened.

I will probably get another chance to play tomorrow, thanks for posting a great map.

Old November 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Channel Buildup. 1 SM + 1 MH
Highlights
Symmetrical Layout
24-hex starting zones
Glyphs
Crevcor - overrun the area from a central location
Ulaniva - launch powerful attacks from the high ground
Wannok - inflict wounds from behind the bunkers

For those that dislike Wannok, I suppose Gerda might work as a substitute.

Last edited by GameBear; April 13th, 2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Frozen Spires. 1 MH + 2 TT
Highlights
Symmetrical Layout
24-hex starting zones
Glyphs
2 potential glyph locations

This map was inspired by Elstree's Hopscorch. I'm hoping that, just as asphalt looks good next to lava, concrete (think 'granite') will look ok under snow - Marvel is the one terrain set I don't yet own, so I haven't been able to verify. I managed to avoid placing ice adjacent to same-height snow, which means no unsightly balancing of double-based figures. I selected two glyph locations, but I think playing without glyphs would be ok (maybe even preferable).

EDIT 09-23-08: The PDF file has been updated - tiles have been rearranged to improve stability of small glaciers and navigation for double-space figures.

Last edited by GameBear; September 23rd, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:28 AM

Nalanod has disabled reputation
I have to say that Ayrwode's Bluff is my favorite map EVER. It is a blast. Love the way tactics and LOS issues come into play. Great work!
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:17 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just a quick note to let you know that UranusPChicago (aka UPC) nominated Embattled Fen.

He beat me to it, I can already tell you it has one vote yes for review
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
That doesn't surprise me. Embattled Fen is a lot like UPC's maps in that it doesn't overly punish melee figures. Most of the best places to be are easily accessible by road, and the ranged figures need to give up their height advantage to escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:36 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Exactly, Jexik! That's why I have a slight leaning to the first - then the melee units have to chase you up a ladder in the second one.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM
The Silent Cartographer

Just a little housekeeping. Map images have been updated; in addition to purely cosmetic diffferences (shadows!), the images for Southern Tarns and Embattled Fen now reflect 24-hex starting zones (PDFs are unchanged). Also, the display now includes map dimensions.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Hey guys I've been directed to GameBear's maps recently. As a BOV judge I usually look at more than enough maps to suit me, so I rarely go strolling for maps in map threads.

GameBear has a great eye. And I think he's only getting started. His best work is ahead of him.

I'd really like to see Ayrwode's Bluff nominated for BOV. But I don't know that I will have time to playtest it anytime soon with the other BOV maps lined up to test. Therefore, I can't nominate it. But I would suggest anyone who has playtested this map and found it balanced and pleasing to indeed drop over to the BOV thread and nominate Ayrwode's Bluff

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios