Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 19th, 2012, 01:21 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: GenCon 2012 Results

Pitboss played Heavies+Grimnak+Nerak
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:26 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Nick actually won third in the Main Event (more dice lol).

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

pickle4192's Main Event army was a straight 4thx6 build.

I also had Isamu in my heat of battle army (and he actually killed Sgt. Drake in my last game, which is the most Isamu has ever done for me.)

I have to tell the story of the finals in Monster Mash between the Elder brothers. Nicktheant and Mr. Migraine each had a full life Fen Hydra on one of the hills of Jotun's Gap, and neither wanted to come down. Nick ended up making what was the only real play: come down on OM3 and hope for a switch. He got it and took Mitchell's Hydra down in one turn to take the title.

Second place in Heroes only was Ryan H (a friend of Scytale's). He had a great Surfer-killer army: Thanos, Spider-Man, Marcu, Isamu. I had the only other Thanos army (Thanos + Black Wyrmling x6 + Isamu) but unfortunately we had the semi-mirror match in the first round. I did kill both Surfer armies I faced, thus ending my lifetime 0-fer streak against the Surfer.

When I had to leave to catch a flight, it looked like Deroche/Necroblade were on a collision course with lonewolf/ScaperDude in the finals of the team tournament. Both teams are running Pkx4/4thx3+SamBrown. (EDIT: looks like sixth and sixth's dad derailed the mirror match.) I was running dividersx6 alongside El Diabolo's Zelrig/Marro Warriors, but Zelrig pretty much crapped out for us in the first two games, so we went 1-2.
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

My dad and I were the winners of the team tournament. I had 4th mass x4, and he had Q9 and Heirloom. We had really hot rolls the whole time. In our last game, I think that Q9 probably had 80% if his queglix rolls at 2+ skulls. We beat dividers+Zelrig, Nilfheim+stingers+Krav, Laglor+Krav+Knights, and 4th+Sam Brown+PKs. Lonewolf's Team Graciously conceded to us, and they were playing the army we had just beaten.

Gencon was great! I really hope I can come back next year and see you all again!

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Mattser beat jacob in one semifinal, while cornpuff beat Nick in the other.

I'm struggling to remember all the quarterfinalists, but I know that Mattser beat Necroblade in one quarterfinal and that Hendal did win his opening game (I think he was using one of the 4thx6 builds in the first round). I think cornpuff beat Eternalthanos in the first round.

Matt A. (Infectedsloth's brother) won the kid's tournament. I'm not sure what he was playing but I suspect 4th Mass since he played that in some other events. He was pretty much a ringer as he had been playing in adult events all weekend long.

Last edited by dok; August 20th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Congrats to all the winners!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

In General Wars I played Axegrinders x4, Mogrimm, and Brave Arrow. I won my first four, and then lost to orcelfarmyhunter in the finals on Fulcrum, ending me at 6th place, winner of Aquilla.
In Heat of Battle, I played Zombies x5, the Hydra, and Raelin. I won my first three, and then lost to dok in the semifinals on Isenfell, ending me at 3rd place beacuse dok won in the finals.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To help fill in Day 2 results:

I got by pitboss648 in Round One, then lost to jacob_jp in the quarter finals.

Another great GenCon and lots of fun matches. I'm exhausted!

And thanks for the hard work and great attitudes from all the staff!!!

Old August 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM

Correction to what I wrote above: I just checked my notes, and the Kid's champion was Michael A., not Matt A. Sorry, I played a lot of Matts and Michaels this weekend.

jdtenor's treasure quest army was Mimring, Krug, Ornak, Arrow Gruts x3, and Isamu. Fomox played DCoTx3, MBS, Nerak, Cyprien, Sonya... that's what I have written down, anyway, although it's 40 short.
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Marcu shouldn't be listed in mine and George's Championship armies, as neither of us played him because that would've made the armies illegal.

I went 3-1 in the 4x400 and was in the top 10, but I don't know what place specifically since one of my early games was incorrectly recorded as a loss (making me 18th in the original printing of the standings; which also explains why I got 'paired down' twice).

In Lightweight I went 2-2, so that's not important.

On Day 2, my win was over orcelfarmyone.

Deroche and I (team T.H.I.R.D.; "Fourth place is T.H.I.R.D." ) took 4th in the Team Tournament with 4th x3/Sam Brown + Phantom Knights x4, losing only to the first place team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
edit: I see from Retlaw's photos you traveled all the way to Indianapolis to play against clancampbell.
On the same note, our Louisville group travelled to GenCon to play each other a few times; including me beating Deroche in the 4x400 and Lightweight and dok (rooming with us) in the Main Event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Actually, my dad got second in Fog of War, going 3-0-1, but there was an error in data entry that put him down at 2-1-1.
In addition to what I said above, data entry or software failure almost screwed me out of day 2 (it was a good thing I went over when they read the list!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
When I had to leave to catch a flight, it looked like Deroche/Necroblade were on a collision course with lonewolf/ScaperDude in the finals of the team tournament. Both teams are running Pkx4/4thx3+SamBrown.
Yeah, that wouldn't've been a match. It would've been a d20 roll.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; August 19th, 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:35 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

3rd in team tourney was MegaSilver/SlipperySlope (go Louisville!!!)

No clue what they played, but they went 3-0-1.

And El Diabolo played Arrow Gruts for his 3rd place in Monster Mash.

Last edited by Deroche; August 19th, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congrats to all the winners! So great to see all of you guys again this year!

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con