Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM

Gypsy has disabled reputation
Re: Mage Knight

Does that mean that You use Squads of the same Figure?

I know I sound Stupid, for bein' as Ancient as I am, but I've looked everywhere...

I bought all of the Comic Books, Both of the Collectors Guides, & Both of the PaperBack Novels, Completely read the Entire WizKids Mage Knight site & found it to be Kind of Vague....

Even read everything on BoardGameGeek....

Is that Why It Bit the Dust?

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
ofcourse.
often multiple figures are better than a single powerful figure that costs as all of them.

I still remember one of the fav squads of my brother back in the days: 3 elf at arms of different strenght on the front, plus one of the standard bearers that makes them move faster and one of the guys with shield that passes the armor value.
so he had a very strong "turtle" squad with three heavy hitters on the front. attacking with three elf at arms (using the better one as primary attacker) would provide a +2 bonus, and even once I have striked back, I would be able to wound just one, he can simply attack usaing another one as primary attacker, and the wounded one still provides the bonus (unless it reached its "demoralized" click). plus, even if wounded, the pieces still retain armor value, cos they use the one provided by the shielded guy on the back.
a really nasty formation, and he usually used two of them!

Last edited by Gabbi; February 12th, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: "elf" at arms, not "man" ^^
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Not the same exact figure, but squads of figures from the same factions. Its been years for me, so forgive the fuzzy memory, but let's say you had four differnet Black Powder dudes, 2 dwarves, a shield maiden and one of the arabian-types. Stick all four of the with bases touching and you had your squad with bonuses.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:18 AM

Oh Yeah, I read something about Bases Touching. Guess I need to go back & Read it again.

Thanks for the Help!

Old February 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Sorry about the Double Post, But I have one More Question.

Out of the thousand pieces that I acquired, about a hundred have Green Bases, rather than Black.

I can't find information why I have two of some figures, one with a Green Base, one with a Black Base.

Are the Green Bases the Newer Version?

Old February 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

figures with green base are from Unlimited set, sorta of reprint of figures from Rebellion and Lancers sets (first two sets). Unlimited was released as a newer "base set" once Rebellion sold out. some of them have a new paintjob, some even a new sculpt. note: the Uniques in the set were not re-release, they were totally new pieces.

more info: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknig...frame=products
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM

Thank You for the Information! I missed that somehow. You've All Been absolutely Marvelous Help!

I've been fortunate enough to Acquire almost everything there is that was produced, except the 3D dungeon Sets & the 4 Horsemen, but I think I've got a Line on them too, should be just a matter of time....

Thanks Again!!!

Old February 17th, 2009, 09:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

If you have trouble finding Pestilence, I believe that is the horseman I have lying around somewhere.

Also of note, since it was asked, some MK "1.0" figures don't work so well under 2.0 rules, even though they can be used. One reason was Charge and Bound were changed making old figures less than optimal. Another is that some of the optional abilities (like double-timing or whatever it was called) helped break up the static gameplay, but also encouraged you to do pushing damage to your own units to get them past the first 'click'...and a lot of old figures have their best stats on the first click.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 20th, 2009, 06:35 AM

Oh My!!!!!!!!

The WizKids' Mage Knight Web Site seems to be Gone! It's been gone for several days now. Luckily I had already downloaded a bunch of the Files of Checklists, Rules, Terrain, etc; all in PDF....

Today, I'm going to back them up to Disc.

If anyone needs any of these files, I'd gladly share.....

Bump....

It's been gone for about a Week, but Now it's back....

Must Have Been a Server out of Whack.....

Well, Anyway, If anybody needs any of the Lists or Forms, or Rules, I've got PDFs, that I can send you.

Last edited by Gypsy; March 24th, 2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Thanks Gypsy....I still play dungeons from time to time.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM

I went back & checked, I have the PDF for the 2 Page Dungeon Play sheet if you run out of them & need some more....

Last edited by Gypsy; March 24th, 2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:33 AM

RedSkullz is surprisingly tart

Another site you may want to check out is www.dungeoncrawlers.com
Really a great group of guys that are very well versed in all forms of Mage Knight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures