Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:50 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
B&K's Customs - Revised LOTR and Grey Aliens

EDIT:
These have been reposted on my blog after Photobucket ate my account. You can find most of my Lord of the Rings Project customs over at:
http://boromirandkermit.wordpress.com/heroscape/

Cheers,
Ben.

I thought I might start revising and uploading some of my previous work from HQ. I'll hopefully be putting up some new stuff in the near future!
Drop in and say hi

First of all a revised version of my Boromir custom from HSHQ. I've taken a move off him and a life, trying to tie him in more with regular HS. Let me know what you think.

This is a heavily revised version of Gandalf the Grey. I have upped his points value heaps and changed the effect of blinding light slightly. Reworded his other specials and added The White Wizard special. I was actually thinking of dropping Gandalf the Grey's life to 3 so you could get him to Gandalf the White (who is a powerhouse... i'll put him up soon) quicker, but I think 4 is the right amount. Anyway, here he is. He looks expensive for what he is, but bear in mind when he dies, you get Gandalf the White, makes it interesting...

Then once Gandalf the Grey dies, roll three attack dice, however many skulls come up is the amount of turns you have to wait to play Gandalf the White. Or of course, you can draft him straight up. Here is his card. Check it out.

Here is an again revised version of the Witchking of Angmar. I had to alter him a bit to fall into line with Gandalf the White. Check it out.

Cheers,
Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.

Last edited by Boromir_and_kermit; June 8th, 2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
I watched this over on HQ and loved what you guys had done.

I will continue to watch it here.

With Courage, does that mean he could potentially have 3 additional moves and attacks even after he is tech. destroyed?

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like this custom alot!! It will be good to see all of your lotr stuff here again!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:57 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'll be glad to see the LotR Project back over here.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Didnt see your LOTR stuff first time round on HQ - looking forward to seeing them here. With Courage and Pierced By Many Arrows are great ideas for specials.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
Re: Boromir_and_Kermit's Customs - Revised Boromir from HSHQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir_and_kermit

i like the idea

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:34 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Hey, thanks alot guys! I'll post up some more!

Bannister, Courage does let you theoretically have up to three full move and attacks (depending on turn sequence and if you've placed turn markers on Boromir of course) This special was a bit of an amalgamation of ideas back over at HQ from not just myself, but quite a few others lent their ideas as well. I think it reflects the way Boromir took on all the Uruk-hai in the movie (the orcs in the book) even though he was taking arrows in the chest.

I'll post another a bit later!

Ben

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:45 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
That courage ability is awesome.

He basically gains disengage when he's dead because he has no more wounds. Maybe he should lose order markers if he is 'wounded' after he is 'dead'. A 3 turn invincible 5 attack zombie could put some serious hurt on the opposing team.

Cool ideas. Great fig

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old August 4th, 2006, 07:12 AM

Thanks Cornpuff, nice avatar (big turtles fan!). Checked out your map. Looks cool, I'll have to try it out!

Updated initial post with Gandalf the Grey. The card that goes with it, Gandalf the White, will be up shortly.

EDIT: Gandalf the White is up. Let me know what you think. If you purchase Gandalf the Grey, you get him until he dies, hopefully no skulls will come up when you roll for Gandalf the White to come in, he comes in and continues the work of the Valar. Essentially, if you buy Gandalf the Grey, you get and 8 life, powerhouse with great specials that increase once he dies once. He has playtested really well, but second opinions make a good product great! I'm not sure on points values though.

Cheers,

Ben.

Old August 4th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice LotR stuff, B&K! How does Will of the Valar work if people are using the old blue dice for rolling for defense?

Are you using the GW LotR figures for the pictures?

Newb.
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Boromir! Where ya been?! As another big LOTR fan it's great to see you posting here. I had wondered what had happened to you. I still have all of your cards from HQ saved to my hard drive. I've used them a few times to play LOTR style scenarios. I can't wait for the castle set to come out. With some of your cards and all of the Heroscape orc figures I've been buying I'm looking forward to playing the battle of Helms Deep. Keep up the good work!
Old August 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Lilnewbie, to be honest, I hadn't actually thought of that. Um, how many blank sides are there on a defence dice? Do you think you can replace the skulls with blanks for that special? Or maybe the blanks divided by two? I haven't seen the blue dice so I'm not sure sorry.

Yes they are GW Lord of the Rings figures... they look awesome (i obviously haven't used any that I have painted, but I will probably for Aragorn) but they are a bit small compared with regular HS minis.

Cheers Grishnakh, I had a lot on my plate, and the time that I was able to put towards HS was severly compromised, but I've sorted most of that stuff out now, so here I am. I feel really chuffed that you had used some of my customs. If you don't mind me asking, how did they play??

Ben.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards