Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 1st, 2011, 10:44 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: mac122's customs: Akkaylannie Riflemen & Fusiliers Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
I like your thread, because its always given me a good perspective on those units size/scale. Your new units are creative, the lightning charge ability I would like to use on a custom of mine, if that's okay?

For the shotgun squad, they have a possible of twelve attacks of three, since marro drones are the only squad close to that with 9 attack I would say just a little more than them. Since they are a unique squad they will loose their attacks with each figure that is destroyed, which in my opinion lowers their cost. Jonny is only 65 with 5 life, same stats. So from unit comparisons I would do 90.
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of 100. 90 would be a good starting point.

As far as the Lightning Charge, feel free to use it. Glad you like it.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:32 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: mac122's customs: AT-43 Question 11/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

If any of you play or are familiar with AT-43, I'd like your comments on faction alignment within the Generals structure of Heroscape. Here's my preliminary line-up:

UNA - Einar
Red Block - Jandar
Karman - Aquilla or Ullar
Cogs - Vydar or Utgar
Oni - Ullar or Utgar
Therian - Valkrill

Valkrill seems to be about death and total destruction. Not conquering you, but destroying you. The Therians have a similar philosophy. They feel they must destroy everything to remake it in the image they want. Plus, the Therians just look plain evil. So, off to Valkrill go the Therians.

Comments? Suggestions?
I just order a few Therians from MM. As you are obviously doing, I want to integrate them into HS. I've been thinking about what faction they'd be in and have been leaning towards Vydar due to their technological nature. But their goal of the destruction of other "mortal" life (or maybe its sumsumption?) seems more fitting with what we know of Valkrill.

I was going to create my own thread with the aim of discussing the Therians faction association, but your post has helped me make up my mind.

Thanks!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:39 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Glad it was helpful, irb.

Working on a cleric for the Army of Akkaylannie and I've got an idea for a special power: Penance. I need a little help on the wording.
Quote:
PENANCE
Whenever X destroys an opponent's small or medium figure, before removing it from the battlefield, you may move that figure up to 5 spaces as long as that figure ends this move adjacent to at least one other opponent's figure. Roll 2 attack dice once for all adjacent opponent's figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.
Basically, as the cleric is sending the enemy off to judgement, he has convinced the unfortunate fellow of the error of his ways and that he must perform an act of Penance for his misdeeds. This act is to attempt to strike down some of his fellow evil-doers before he goes.

Any help with the wording would be appreciated.

Other ideas for Penance:
-The same as above except only attacks 1 figure.
-Choose 1 figure to attack and roll 1 unblockable die. If it destroys that figure, then the original figure remains in the game, still under the control of the original player.

Other ideas?

------------------------------

I hope to run an army test on the Akkaylannie Lancers this weekend. I think I will run them against a Raelin-Rats-Q9 army. Lightning Charge should help clear the Rat screen.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; May 6th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM

williamj35 Woo who?

Great work mac122. Let me express my gratitude for your poor man's versions. Very helpful. And I'm digging your Star Wars stuff, too. I think your Kenobi is going to have to show up on our table soon.

I've also got some AT-43 stuff I'm playing with. I've got a therian box that I'm messing with. I'd be curious to see how yours are coming along.

And Boodog contacted me about my card for the Confrontation Griffin Spearmen. I'm working on revising that one, and he said you had some ideas about movement bonding that sounded good. I also spoke with another 'scaper who thought that working the Phalanx formation into the powers would be a good idea... Want to brainstorm on that? Maybe we can come up with a workable card for those figs.
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamj35 View Post
Great work mac122. Let me express my gratitude for your poor man's versions. Very helpful. And I'm digging your Star Wars stuff, too. I think your Kenobi is going to have to show up on our table soon.

I've also got some AT-43 stuff I'm playing with. I've got a therian box that I'm messing with. I'd be curious to see how yours are coming along.

And Boodog contacted me about my card for the Confrontation Griffin Spearmen. I'm working on revising that one, and he said you had some ideas about movement bonding that sounded good. I also spoke with another 'scaper who thought that working the Phalanx formation into the powers would be a good idea... Want to brainstorm on that? Maybe we can come up with a workable card for those figs.
Thanks, William! If you do get a chance to play Obi-Wan, please let me know how he worked for you.

I looked up your Griffin Spearmen card after Boodog told me about it. I also have "Reach" on my draft - great (or strange?) minds think alike. I have a loyalty bond that combines bonded movement for Vydar knights and the ability to destroy a Spearman in place of a knight - the Spearman would sacrifice himself to save the knight he's serving with. Here's a rough draft of the card:

I'm going for a low cost squad that can help keep the more powerful knight squads or heroes in the game longer.

Once I round out my Army of Akkylannie, I'll be finishing up my Ram Army of the Undead and finish the knight and Paladin additions I've got underway as my army of Heston (Weston).

As far as AT-43, most of that has been on the back burner while I work on my Army of Akkylannie. I do have several UNA units for Einar and Jandar in the works in the Under Construction section of the first page. I haven't tackled any of the Therians, yet. When I do, they will fight for Valkrill. C3V is working on a squad that uses Therians. I'm curious to see what they come up with.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 21st, 2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added Hi-Res card
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM

williamj35 Woo who?

Great card! I'll be curious to see the vydar knights that go with it.
Old May 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Any thoughts on the points? Their stats are similar to the Blade Gruts. Both units have a bonding ability - though the bonds are quite different in action. The Spearmen substitute Reach for Disengage. 40 points?

Edit: It occurs to me that the Vydar Knight Loyalty might be a bit too powerful as worded and still keep the cost low. I will have several Vydar Knight Heroes once the Army of Akkylannie is complete. Perhaps I should change it to

VYDAR KNIGHT LOYALTY
After taking a turn with Akkylannie Spearmen, you may move 1 knight hero you control that follows Vydar or 1 knight squad you control that follows Vydar up to 5 spaces each. When any knight you control that follows Vydar would be destroyed, you may instead destroy 1 adjacent Akkylannie Spearman.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 21st, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM

williamj35 Woo who?

I am really really bad at point costing. I almost always go under. So my tendency is to try to look for reasons why units should cost more.

I'm going to assume that your spearmen come in units of 4? Since you get 8 in a box...

4 attacks of 2 is better than 3 attacks of 1. I know bonding with Krug or Mimring makes the orc attack stronger than 3 of 1, but still. Spearmen can move high-defense figs into engagement with figures and then attack from a safe distance.

So, I don't know 60? 55? 50?

Definitely not as high as 70 (which is 4th Mass with 4 attacks of 2 with much better range).

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! Any thoughts on the points? Their stats are similar to the Blade Gruts. Both units have a bonding ability - though the bonds are quite different in action. The Spearmen substitute Reach for Disengage. 40 points?

Edit: It occurs to me that the Vydar Knight Loyalty might be a bit too powerful as worded and still keep the cost low. I will have several Vydar Knight Heroes once the Army of Akkaylannie is complete. Perhaps I should change it to

VYDAR KNIGHT LOYALTY
After taking a turn with Akkaylannie Spearmen, you may move 1 knight hero you control that follows Vydar or 1 knight squad you control that follows Vydar up to 5 spaces each. When any knight you control that follows Vydar would be destroyed, you may instead destroy 1 adjacent Akkaylannie Spearman.
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:18 AM

I think you are thinking of the Arrow Gruts. The Blade Gruts are the 4 orc melee squad.

The spearmen share some similarities to these guys. They trade 1 less move for an effective range of 2. The Grut bonding gives you a turn with a hero, the Spearmen bonding gives you movement and a sacrificial defense for 1 hero or 1 squad (as reworded).

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM

williamj35 Woo who?

You're totally right. I misread that above and didn't even think about these guys. Now that I know what you're talking about, it makes a lot more sense. And 40 seems a lot more reasonable.

Quote:
I think you are thinking of the Arrow Gruts. The Blade Gruts are the 4 orc melee squad.

The spearmen share some similarities to these guys. They trade 1 less move for an effective range of 2. The Grut bonding gives you a turn with a hero, the Spearmen bonding gives you movement and a sacrificial defense for 1 hero or 1 squad (as reworded).
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
You're totally right. I misread that above and didn't even think about these guys. Now that I know what you're talking about, it makes a lot more sense. And 40 seems a lot more reasonable.
No problem! I'm just glad for the feedback! I think I'll start them at 40. I really want to see how well the bonding works. If the bond is super effective, I may have to bump their points up to 45 or 50.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM

Added a couple Aquilla squads to the Under Construction section.

Quasatch Trackers

Whippid Tracker figures from the Star Wars Minis line.
These guys will probably either lose Deadly Shot or have their attack reduced to 1 to keep their cost down. With height and an attack aura, as they are written they could be getting up to 8 skulls per turn.

Yeti Raiders

These are Karman Yeti figures from AT-43. I'm pretty happy with these guys except I keep wanting to raise their defense to 5. I'm concerned it would make them too expensive. I don't have any idea on points yet. Not sure if I have Agile worded properly.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; November 11th, 2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added Hi-Res cards

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards