Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spider-Girl ~ Design Phase

I agree that the biggest problem will be the squad issue. Personally, I don't think it's too bad if it's limited to a small movement restriction. I can justify that in my head. But if it removes movement completely for someone in the start zone because someone near Ms. Spidey is webbed up, I could see a complete theme break.

Otherwise, all of Bats' suggestions sound pretty good.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, so it seems we're against the Spidey-Sense Counterstrike; too bad, guess it'll go.

But the webbing... honestly, I just don't like the markers. Too many markers are fiddly. It feels like you're adding a LOT of clunky wording for something that could easily be achieved with a lot of simplicity. I see the argument that it's different because they can still attack... but when has Spider-Girl (or Spider-Man, for that matter) tied an opponent down but not webbed up their gun, or otherwise kept them able to fight back? And if you're removing both movement and attack, you may as well just remove an Order Marker.

And, in addition, my main complaint is that it makes her almost entirely a Ranged figure. Spider-Man's main purpose is to tie up your opponent's figures and annoy them; he has a ranged attack, but personally I rarely use that. If you're giving Spider-Girl a 5 Range special attack that ties up figures anyways... she's not a high-octane, "swing around beating up baddies" figure anymore. Ideally, she would never engage, and that's a major theme break for me because the Spider Family is always melee-centric.

Personally, I prefer the "Bio-magnetic Field," as Heroclix calls it; all figures on adjacent, same-type tiles cannot move or be moved. That's very unique to Spider-Girl and makes her a much more "up-close-and-personal" figure.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Something like this, Johnny?

BIO-MAGNETIC FIELD
Opponent’s figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Spider-Girl of the same type of terrain that Spider-Girl occupies may not move. Figures affected by Bio-magnetic Field cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

But ... doesn't the theme of that better fit, you know, a Bio-Magnetic Field, than some sort of Web Sticking?
Also, that wide ranging a passive sticking for Spider-Girl just seems like a theme break to me. Poison Ivy can control millions of plants in unison, so her having vines stop you all over makes sense. Spider-Girl really needs to shoot each individual with her webs and hit them to stick them. This power would make it seem like she's spewing sticky webs out of her pores 24/7 at a rapid pace ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
But ... doesn't the theme of that better fit, you know, a Bio-Magnetic Field, than some sort of Web Sticking?
Also, that wide ranging a passive sticking for Spider-Girl just seems like a theme break to me. Poison Ivy can control millions of plants in unison, so her having vines stop you all over makes sense. Spider-Girl really needs to shoot each individual with her webs and hit them to stick them. This power would make it seem like she's spewing sticky webs out of her pores 24/7 at a rapid pace ...
Actually, SpideyTillIDie said she just concentrates and people get stuck. No web-spewing involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:33 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Touche, then. Maybe my problem is I'm trying to design her like she's Spider-Man, and she's not.
So she's Blob with a terrain specific requirement? Interesting. Blob definitely has his uses, too. And her having that really low roll Spidey-Sense would make this a really nasty (and by that I mean annoying) combo.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Something like this, Johnny?

BIO-MAGNETIC FIELD
Opponent’s figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Spider-Girl of the same type of terrain that Spider-Girl occupies may not move. Figures affected by Bio-magnetic Field cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.
Quote:
WEB STICK
All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy any space within two same level spaces of Spider-Girl may not move on their turn as long as the space the figure occupies is the same terrain type as the space Spider-Girl occupies. Figures affected by Web Stick can be moved by any special powers or glyphs.
Trying to tie these two ideas together, what about?
BIO-MAGNETIC STUCK
Opponent’s figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Spider-Girl of the same type of terrain that Spider-Girl occupies may not move. Figures affected by Bio-Magnetic Stuck can only be moved by any special powers or glyphs possessed by other figures.

This way they can be thrown or carried, but not move themselves via flying, swingline, or leap.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Hmm, what about instead of trying to add another power, just expand on the spidey-sense? It says on wiki that she can fight blindfolded with just her senses. Maybe instead of just having a really powerful sense, we could incorporate her fighting without needing her eyes? Like if there are no order markers on her, she may make a normal attack against an adjacent figure at the end of the round?
Or give her normal spider sense, and because she can't get caught off guard, she may never roll less than 3 defense dice? (Beat out the death knights, then! )
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

We have (mostly) soured on tying in an attack to Spidey-Sense.

And on the other thing, we (Heroes) kinda agree SuperHeroscape is not really the same game as Heroscape.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

What if we made it where only Squad figures with a marker on their card, that start their turn within 6 (or whatever range we give the Web SA) clear site spaces from Spider girl lose the move for the markers? Any wording gurus wanna tackle that and see how it works?

It fits the theme. I can see her doing a quick area spray to tie down all the thugs she sees. And anyone outside her range or out of sight is not affected.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM

I'm leaning towards the adjacent, terrain specific sticking power here at this point. It's a bit more niche, but I'm adjusting to the idea of niche powers going on niche characters.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm leaning towards the adjacent, terrain specific sticking power here at this point. It's a bit more niche, but I'm adjusting to the idea of niche powers going on niche characters.
I obviously don't know enough about Spider-Girl because I don't really understand this power. I don't like it that much, it reminds me of Poison Ivy and the Air Elemental and why I don't play them. But if you guys who know more about her think its thematic go for it. I will probably just create my own custom with a Web Stick SA that I like

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library