Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 9th, 2018, 01:01 PM

Clipper423 Woo who?
2.0 How would you feel?

So one of my favourite all time games, Monsterpocalypse, just got officially brought back from the dead. Privateer Press made an announcement yesterday but in their FAQ, they stated that previous models would not be tournament legal not to mention the game has moved from pre-painted, blind boosters, to unpainted resin models. As happy as I am they are bringing back the game, I'm also torn that all my models won't be able to be used in the new version. How would you feel if Heroscape 2.0 launched but the design of the game made all your current figures obsolete?

http://www.monsterpocalypse.com/
Old March 9th, 2018, 01:19 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 2.0 How would you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper423 View Post
So one of my favourite all time games, Monsterpocalypse, just got officially brought back from the dead. Privateer Press made an announcement yesterday but in their FAQ, they stated that previous models would not be tournament legal not to mention the game has moved from pre-painted, blind boosters, to unpainted resin models. As happy as I am they are bringing back the game, I'm also torn that all my models won't be able to be used in the new version. How would you feel if Heroscape 2.0 launched but the design of the game made all your current figures obsolete?

http://www.monsterpocalypse.com/
Because of the few branches from Heroscape (C3G, C3V, Official, Marvel) it could easily take up another branch called Official 2.0 with some mixing between at certain places if chosen. In other words if it were to be brought back in this way and does not consider anything official or unofficial made to be official 2.0 it would fit right in with the many branches the game currently has.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 11th, 2018, 03:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m sure is a heroscape 2.0 came to be, TD’s would still allow classic units at tournements (or at least the models if certain units were redesigned like Raelin). Heroscape tournements weren’t really sanctioned by Hasbro/WotC, so there’s plenty of doubt that tourney legality would even be a thing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 11th, 2018, 04:21 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly, this is what I would expect to happen in any case. As neat as it would be to get Rise of the Valkyrie reprinted and all of classic HeroScape to become available again, I think it would be wiser to relaunch the franchise with a new Master Set containing entirely new units (maybe keeping some classics like Swarm of the Marro did). It would likely be more cost-effective than repackaging the heaps of content included in RotV, and hardcore fans like us would still have a reason to buy it.

That said, I doubt that any "incompatibility" would stop the community. Keep in mind that Marvel and Arena of the Planeswalkers are not meant to mesh with classic HeroScape, but people regularly do so anyway. Tournament Directors may eventually stop supporting classic models if they become too scarce/uncommon for players to have, but HeroScape's system is flexible enough that everything could be worked together, one way or the other.
Old March 11th, 2018, 06:46 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Hate to break it to y’all, but Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers WAS Heroscape 2.0, almost exactly like Monsterpoc as you described: same mechanics (almost) with unpainted minis and incompatibility (only due to point costs and summoning) and no Heroscape TD allows Magic:AotP and Heroscape mixed (well I did it one NHSD but it was a bad idea). If/until C3V makes units out of them (minimum change is adjusted cost) it won’t happen.
Old March 11th, 2018, 07:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Hate to break it to y’all, but Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers WAS Heroscape 2.0, almost exactly like Monsterpoc as you described: same mechanics (almost) with unpainted minis and incompatibility (only due to point costs and summoning) and no Heroscape TD allows Magic:AotP and Heroscape mixed (well I did it one NHSD but it was a bad idea). If/until C3V makes units out of them (minimum change is adjusted cost) it won’t happen.
Mtg:AotP wasn’t branded as Heroscape 2.0 though. I doubt they even referenced Heroscape anywhere within the box. When WotC makes a new edition of D&D, the game is still called D&D. Then they go and make another 10 collections of minis to represent the characters in the game in a big, happy, sometimes uglier than sin, cycle.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion