Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I'd tend to think that Scape isn't going away from Hasbro.
Well, there is a chance it won't move from Hasbro.

What if Hasbro is getting someone who wants to finance, develop, and sell the product, but not necessarily own the name itself? Someone like Amazon could do such a thing.

What if Amazon only wants to be able to purchase the already produced products so that they can sell them? Corner the market on Heroscape? They could run old reprints of the classic waves, terrain, master sets and sell them on their site while Hasbro still retains the rights and royalties.

Just some thoughts.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

I doubt customs will factor into any decisions by the company who buys Scape.

1) Custom producers are too small to bother prosecuting.
Legal costs are just not worth it.

2) Custom producers grow the brand and interest.

3) Custom producers provide free Market research. The popularity of a custom can help guide future production and developement in a company that cares to take avantage of it.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Podcast ETA is around 6PM PST.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
World of Warcraft? (Or whatever the parent company is)
that'd be Blizzard ,

Old November 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
I think it's most likely someone looking to get into the expandable miniatures game market, just who that is I'm not sure.
I think just as likely a scenario is that a company with a minis game would want to buy Heroscape to get their hands on the terrain. It could enhance many mini's games.

I still think the safe money is on Hasbro keeping it.
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oprime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
World of Warcraft? (Or whatever the parent company is)
that'd be Blizzard ,
I beleive it's actually Activision Blizzard and it's owned by Vivendi SA.
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
I think it's most likely someone looking to get into the expandable miniatures game market, just who that is I'm not sure.
I think just as likely a scenario is that a company with a minis game would want to buy Heroscape to get their hands on the terrain. It could enhance many mini's games.

I still think the safe money is on Hasbro keeping it.
Yeah, I was quite surprised to hear there might actually be negotiations going on. I find it hard to believe Hasbro would part with the Build and Battle System. The Heroscape name and miniatures are within reason to espect being sold, but the terrain is simply too versatile to part with.
In the end it might just be too cumbersome for another company to continue the line. But you never know what kind of deal a resourceful company might throw on the table.
Right now, without more information, I'm not overly optimistic.
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I'd love to see Games Workshop do it, but it'd be expensive and the "custom" folks would undoubtedly get kicked hard in the nuts with a cease and desist letter.
Dude, you know how GW rolls: Colby would get served with a blanket cease-and-desist telling him to take down everything from all the fan-produced custom material to the photos in the header at the top of this page. No thank you.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's what we would all like to see, but we already know it won't happen -- because Truth (Colby) said it wouldn't. But it is still fun to dream once in a while.

Old November 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
I'd love to see Games Workshop do it, but it'd be expensive and the "custom" folks would undoubtedly get kicked hard in the nuts with a cease and desist letter.
Dude, you know how GW rolls: Colby would get served with a blanket cease-and-desist telling him to take down everything from all the fan-produced custom material to the photos in the header at the top of this page. No thank you.
It could happen, but it would be foolish to alienate your client base. Since customs don't take away from the earnings of the HeroScape brand, I would be surprised if anything like this happened.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
It could happen, but it would be foolish to alienate your client base. Since customs don't take away from the earnings of the HeroScape brand, I would be surprised if anything like this happened.
GW has done some pretty stupid things in this area, but I don't see them coming after the customs community. We wouldn't be able to use any of the logos or post scans of the cards and rules, but that would probably be about it.

Regardless, I don't see it happening - it doesn't seem like a good fit for GW.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, Jeff said that no one had mentioned the name on either site so far and to think big. IIRC GW was mentioned on BGG.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News