Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 27th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Yesiamthatguy is surprisingly tart
7/8/11 One man's Customs and Repaints. Troll King

Yesiamthatguy's Repaints and Customs
(
Because my Heroscape collection was only 2 Rotv.)

Hello fellow 'scapers! Anyway, For Christmas, I received Game workshops' Space Marine Paint set. I have never tried painting minis before, so I decided to give it a shot. And here's what I came up with.

NIHILIAN THE BLACK DRAGON (Mimring Repaint)
Spoiler Alert!

NIHILIAN'S CARD (Offical Looking Card)
Spoiler Alert!

NIHILIAN's CARD (Sheildcrusher Card-Outdated)
Spoiler Alert!

MARRO BLOOD HARVESTERS (Marro Trooper Repaint)
Spoiler Alert!

SPACEMARINES(Games Workshop Models)
Spoiler Alert!

DA ORKZ! (Games Workshop Models)
Spoiler Alert!

SKALAMD THE TROLL KING (D&D MINIATURE)
Spoiler Alert!

BIG SHOOTA BOYZ (Games workshop Model)
Spoiler Alert!

And here's his card (Shieldcrusher)
Spoiler Alert!

Norse Berserkers (Tarn Viking Repaints)
Spoiler Alert!
And their card (Sheildcrusher)
Spoiler Alert!

Any tips or
criticism would be appreciated. I am currently play testing my customs.

A PREVIEW OF WHAT TO COME:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Yesiamthatguy; March 8th, 2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: New Stuff!
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: One man's Repaints (and possibly customs)

Huh. I like it.

First, the repaint is very nice. Didn't lose much texture considering you painted him almost entirely black. Did you clear coat him? The way his scales catch the light gives him a nice look. Good job.

As for the card, Inspire Fear is an interesting idea. The wording might need work if you're actually planning on using him.

1) "backward" is a very vague term. There will be situations where a figure can only move away from Nihilin by first making a move parallel to him. Should the figure do this? The wording just doesn't quite nail down what should happen, but I understand the spirit of it.

2) Does a Fear-Inspired figure take leaving engagement attacks?

I like the idea, but take it from somebody whose custom-cards tend to be absolutely full of text: You might need to simplify this guy's ability a little if you plan on using him.

That said, very nice work. Thanks for sharing him.

~Spite

Last edited by spiteofthedice; January 25th, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Thanks, Spite. I'll try to rework the card a bit. Also, if I can get my camera working, I'll post my Marro Lava Troopers and Space Marine Squads.

By the way the chaos black coat was sprayed on as a primer.

My sig is basic html codes.
MY AMAZING TRADE POST.
MY Customs and Repaints
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the concept of the fear inspiring dragon. I have to agree the "backward" is a little weird. I know what you are trying to do, but the wording is off.

You could try something like the Air Elemental:

Inspire Fear: Whenever a common squad figure moves within 6 clear line spaces of Nihilin the Black Dragon, roll a D20. If you roll a 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll an 11-20, that figure must immediately stop it's movement and move to the previous space it entered from.

Roar of Fear: After moving and before attacking, Roll a D20 for each common figure within 6 clear site spaces. If you roll 1-19 nothing happens, if you roll a 20, destroy that figure.

I'm not sure if it is better, but the wordings feel a little clearer (to me at least.) I know the two powers act slightly different then you intended, but they get the same flavor across.

Great job on the repaint and custom!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:10 PM

I like your takes on the Inspire Fear ability. I'll try editing it when I no longer have a cold.

MY AMAZING TRADE POST.
MY Customs and Repaints
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM

Revloscaper is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesiamthatguy View Post
NIHILIN's CARD (Sheildcrusher Card)

MARRO BLOOD HARVESTER'S CARD (Sheildcrusher)

SPACEMARINE CARD(Again a Shieldcrusher Card, until I can figure out MSE.)
I am about to start painting my first minis so your very nice repaints have given me some hope about my terrible painting skills.
I like the dragon, but I think that the fear ability is a bit too complex, maybe you should give it a breath weapon instead? Either way it looks great.
The Blood Harvesters seem pretty cool to me but seem underpriced seeing as they have bonding and lifesteal. Leech seems a bit vague to me, maybe it should only affect adjacent Marro Heroes? (or at least have a range to the ability)
The Space Marines are my favorite, nice to finnaly see some new guns in Scape. I like both their abilities and they seem a well priced and well rounded unit. +rep
Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM

Thanks Revloscaper for the feedback. The whole purpose of customs are to add different playing styles to the game. I fear if I give Nihilin fire breath or something, his play style will be a lot like Mimring, which I want to avoid, but I will try simplifying his powers as suggested by winonavampire.

As for the blood harvesters, I agree that leech is rather vague, but it only has about a 10% chance of success. Their inspiration was actually the Blade Gruts from wave 1.
I will probably add range to the blood harvesters leech attack.

And finally the space marines, their base unit was the airborne elite. They really are easy to paint, it's the orcs from warhammer that are really hard to paint

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your customs,
Revloscaper!

MY AMAZING TRADE POST.
MY Customs and Repaints
Old January 2nd, 2011, 05:29 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

I like the Space Marines. I made a custom out of some a while ago. Our stats are pretty similar (I had attack of 2 instead of 3.) I also made a uncommon Space Marine Sergeant to go with them who boosted their attack when adjacent. (Also, my Space Marines fought for Vydar.)

~P
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:36 PM

Pjnormandin, thanks for responding. I also thought about putting the space marines under Vydar's rule, but after reading some lore about them on the Lexicanum and how they worshiped the Emperor God, I thought it would be rather sacrilegious to have them serve someone else. And beside that, we wouldn't want to cause a riot among the hobbyist, would we?

I also have the Assault on Black Reach set, but I lack the paint needed to paint the open-helmeted Ultra-Marines and the Orks. And the nearest Hobby Shop from my house is 30 miles, so it might be awhile.

By the way, I would like to see your custom warhammer units as well. I've searched every where for someone to make one, so eventually I made one myself. Thanks again.

MY AMAZING TRADE POST.
MY Customs and Repaints
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:45 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Pjnormandin, thanks for responding. I also thought about putting the space marines under Vydar's rule, but after reading some lore about them on the Lexicanum and how they worshiped the Emperor God, I thought it would be rather sacrilegious to have them serve someone else. And beside that, we wouldn't want to cause a riot among the hobbyist, would we?

I also have the Assault on Black Reach set, but I lack the paint needed to paint the open-helmeted Ultra-Marines and the Orks. And the nearest Hobby Shop from my house is 30 miles, so it might be awhile.

By the way, I would like to see your custom warhammer units as well. I've searched every where for someone to make one, so eventually I made one myself. Thanks again.
I have read a novel about the space wolves but otherwise dont know a thing about 40k. I had gotten some green Space Marines in a trade from another HSer. I don't have a custom thread of my own to post my customs, maybe I will someday. (BTW: I also use the Shieldcrusher card template for my customs.)
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM

The Lexicanum is a warhammer 40k wiki page. It can be found at
It has everything from lore to pictures of every games workshop miniature model made.

MY AMAZING TRADE POST.
MY Customs and Repaints
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
The Lexicanum is a warhammer 40k wiki page. It can be found at
It has everything from lore to pictures of every games workshop miniature model made.
Oh, cool. I'll check it out.
~P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards