Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Greygnarl's Maps: My CMoM Entry! - Feedback wanted!

The Darkway or the Lightway (v3)

Build Instructions

Here's my new map Fire Mountain Beachhead!
Spoiler Alert!

My first map, Swamp of Ice and Fire:
Spoiler Alert!

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; February 23rd, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: greygnarl's Map Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
My first map, Swamp of Ice and Fire:

It uses 1 SotM, 1 VW, and 1 TT. There are some RotV tiles on the bottom but I think I can get rid of those. I'll try to create it in Virtualscape but I've never used that before.

It's an attempt at a competitive map. Glyphs can be placed in either water space which puts them out of range of PKs on Turn 1. I think that's thegoal of most competitive maps. The height on the edges has trouble hitting the other side but the height in the middle has command of the battlefield. Even if you can get a strong ranged unit in the center though their are places to hide.
Looks pretty cool. I've never personally liked the aesthetic of VW and TT together. I'd suggest you separate them out some, with, for example, TT a the center and Lava around the edges.

Also, you should consider using Virtualscape to get instructions for your maps, as well as get clearer pictures.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah for a first map it looks very good. IMO the marro hive and 6-hex ice berg can be placed differently, and I don't like the 3 swamp water tiles and the 2 lava tiles placed near the starting zone.

Your map has a good footprint (shape). Not too big or small, and it isn't too skinny. I don't like that it is a bit bottled up by the starting zone, especially on the right side of the SZ.

If you can get me pictures of each layer I can build the map myself, play a game on it, make a few edits based on personal preference, and virtualscape it for you. Keep in mind that you should probably download virtualscape now or in the future.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have Virtualscape right now. Just haven't used it. How do I upload a file once I have it though?

Also, the map is symmetrical so the photo shows everything. Let me try to make the map in VS.

Old February 20th, 2013, 12:32 AM

FIRE MOUNTAIN BEACHHEAD!

This one isn't unbalanced if you don't try to break it so it's fine for my playtesting.

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:55 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
FIRE MOUNTAIN BEACHHEAD!

This one isn't unbalanced if you don't try to break it so it's fine for my playtesting.
Is there something that you think would break it? By this statement, do you just mean with the figures that you own? Without knowing the specific start zones it is a bit hard to judge potential distances. You mention in the first post about the the very left swamp hex being raised and seemed to imply this was part of the start zone; is that correct? I can see a glyph on the very left close to that but I can't make out what it is so I don't know how much an issue that is.
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM

That glyph is Wannok. The reason I said about not breaking it was because I haven't actually tested the map for balance and was using it in some playtests. I'm linking to that post.

The SZ is actually the 2 same height 7 hexers by the hive, the 3 hexer to teh right of them and it got cutoff, but the raised swamp on the far right is the last bit.

Wannok is equal distance from the SZs as well as the 3 glyphs on the beach.

I made a quick change, (the height I was taking about before and moved the glyph over to compensate) and here are the pics:

Last edited by greygnarl; February 20th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Looks like a very cool concept! I like the asymmetrical of it. It's a little big set wise to be used at events, but could serve for interesting home games.

How many sets does it use?
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:04 AM

It uses 2x RotV, SotM, FF, and VW. Definitely not for events. The only reason I really posted it was so people could see what map I was using for playtests. I'm not really looking for feedback. It was nice to get some though!

Old February 20th, 2013, 11:44 PM

Re: Greygnarl's Maps: My CMoM Entry! - Feedback wanted!

The first untested draft of my CMoM entry (details in OP):

Old February 20th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Titleless

Quote:
The first untested draft of my CMoM entry (details in OP):
Looks good! However, I believe that placing the ruins in the large, open grass stretches near the the lava height to the upper left of the SZ would be good.
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM

Thanks, I'll see how they do there. Also, would it be possible for me to send you the VS file and let you upload it too the web? I can't get the build instructions, I used a pdf printer) to read and my image of the map is fuzzy and unclear. Am I using an old version of VS by any chance?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios