Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Barradas has disabled reputation
noob questions! Water, Maps & Tips???

sorry bout this.. can't find answers anywhere...

1. If there is a river of width = 1, then as my first guy goes to cross, he must stop in the water. Now when i move with my next guy, what if he wants to cross at the same point? Does the guy stuck in the water act as a bridge? Or can my guy just not "pass through" at that point?

2. Where is a good place to look for maps to build, using just one master set (ROTV)?

3. Any tips for a novice? Something most people overlook?

thanks so much...
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Re: noob questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barradas
sorry bout this.. can't find answers anywhere...

1. If there is a river of width = 1, then as my first guy goes to cross, he must stop in the water. Now when i move with my next guy, what if he wants to cross at the same point? Does the guy stuck in the water act as a bridge? Or can my guy just not "pass through" at that point?

2. Where is a good place to look for maps to build, using just one master set (ROTV)?

thanks so much...
1. The figure must stop, and since they can't share a space with another figure, they may not move there. Same goes for figures on glyphs. As long as the figure in the river was not engaged, a double-spaced figure could move through them across the river.

2. First: top of your screen, click downloads, then battlefields and scenarios then 1 master set. You might also check out the Battlefields of Valhalla. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5725
it's basically a list of tournaments tested quality maps. In general they will be very balanced maps consisting of 1 master sets and 1 or more terrain expansions.

3. Besides Have fun? Never use just 1 common squad unless it is the last bit of points in your army, or you have a really good reason for doing so. Their value lies in the ability to field more than 1 of them at a time.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: noob questions!

Quote:

thanks so much...
•Special attacks are NEVER modified.
•Special abilities/powers and special attacks are not necessarily the same thing.
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the site!

1. The rules state you MUST stop in water and you CAN'T stop in the same space as another figure. Therefore, your second figure can't move into or through that space. (IMO, "bridging" would be cool, though.)

2. The downloads link at the top of the page.

3. Everyone overlooks something at some time. The best advice would be to read the rulebook again, especially when you have a question. If you still can't find it, the Books are a good resource (in the Official Units section) for questions about specific units.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM

thanks so much everyone!

The book was so confusing in the way it explained the glyphs! Read one way, it sounds like you get 1 extra attack die for EACH character you have in play... meaning that my g/f had 12 characters on the map, so she was getting +12 attack dice!!! I was like "what the hell stupidness is this!"

Now, after a crushing defeat, do i realize the emphasis was misplaced, and instead EACH of her characters gets +1 attack dice.

FYI, at least the win made her happy!
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:41 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
thanks so much everyone!

The book was so confusing in the way it explained the glyphs! Read one way, it sounds like you get 1 extra attack die for EACH character you have in play... meaning that my g/f had 12 characters on the map, so she was getting +12 attack dice!!! I was like "what the hell stupidness is this!"

Now, after a crushing defeat, do i realize the emphasis was misplaced, and instead EACH of her characters gets +1 attack dice.

I see you've already learned a very important tip: always let the girlfriend win the first couple of games (depending how adept she is at this sort of thing) so she can learn how much fun it is before you crush her ruthlessly.
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM

n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker
Ugh.

I'm not a noob, I've been playing HS for a year or so now, but I have a few questions.

1) Can DW9K's Explosion and other explosion based attacks hit people who have Thorian Speed?

2) Can a ranged special attack hit someone standing on the Glyph of Thorian?

3) Can the Glyph of Wannock target squad figures?

4) If you have only double based figures on a bottom level, and your opponent has only single based figures on a top level, and the only way to get up is with ladders and he refuses to come down, is it a tie (like a castle he's on top, you're on bottom)?

5) Do special attacks break through Raelin's Defense Aura?

All work and no play makes n1ck3l a dull boy... and it means you are spending too much time setting up the map. Get on with it!
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
1) All explosion type attacks thus far are SPECIAL ATTACKS and thus not affected at all by Thorian Speed (hint: read the card again).

2) See #1.

3) The glyph doesn't "target" figures, but why wouldn't you be able to choose squad figures for it?

4) If they both have range of 1, yes. But feel free to kick your opponent for being a poor sport and not trying to finish the game.

5) No. Special attacks have nothing to do with the aura.

As nether likes to say, "Do what the card says, not what it doesn't."

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:04 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I see you've already learned a very important tip: always let the girlfriend win the first couple of games (depending how adept she is at this sort of thing) so she can learn how much fun it is before you crush her ruthlessly. [/quote]

Let her win? Man I wish that I could say that is what I'm doing with my wife. I have only played around 4 games so far with other people, two of them with my wife. I lost them all. I have no wins . And I'm the one that sits on Heorscapers.com learning the rules, stratagies, etc, then everyone I teach comes along and beats the crap out of me. How pathetic is that. But, I'm still lovin' Scape.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM

THanks for the answers again...
looked at the D/L's, but dont see any maps for the Marvel set....

Is that set any good? Are the characters good in your experienced opinions?

Also, the toys r us' in my area seem to be selling the expansions that are not most current... is it possible they haven't gotten the new series with vampires and fiends?
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM

n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker
Thanks Necroblade, I wasn't sure, but the whole "Do what the card says, not what it doesn't," is a good way to play.

Thanks again.

All work and no play makes n1ck3l a dull boy... and it means you are spending too much time setting up the map. Get on with it!
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
THanks for the answers again...
looked at the D/L's, but dont see any maps for the Marvel set....

Is that set any good? Are the characters good in your experienced opinions?

Also, the toys r us' in my area seem to be selling the expansions that are not most current... is it possible they haven't gotten the new series with vampires and fiends?
Check out the Marvel sections for tips and discussion on the set. I personally love it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's