Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 8th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Killer Frost - VOTE for On Deck

Emma's On Deck. You'll have to file your complaints in that thread (which is no precedent).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2020, 12:20 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I assume we were doing it for Emma, too! Particularly since there's a bunch of different minis around with the same costume, in both diamond and non-diamond forms. I rarely want to put more on the shoulders of the art team unless it's necessary, so it's not something I'd quibble about, but it does seem like a missed opportunity.
I'm less concerned with the work on the art and more concerned about the effort for the end user. Now to play this one design you "need" two figures and and you to swap them in an out. That loses all the elegance of being a flip card and should be two separately draftable cards at that point like Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

Emma Frost (II) is already On Deck and you voted Yea there with only one figure used on the card!
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
I assume we were doing it for Emma, too! Particularly since there's a bunch of different minis around with the same costume, in both diamond and non-diamond forms. I rarely want to put more on the shoulders of the art team unless it's necessary, so it's not something I'd quibble about, but it does seem like a missed opportunity.
I'm less concerned with the work on the art and more concerned about the effort for the end user. Now to play this one design you "need" two figures and and you to swap them in an out. That loses all the elegance of being a flip card and should be two separately draftable cards at that point like Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

Emma Frost (II) is already On Deck and you voted Yea there with only one figure used on the card!
I mean, I honestly don't really care - I have no interest in putting up a big stonewall because a character I've never heard of before has a slightly-more-visually-boring-than-I-expected set of cards. I only brought it up to echo YK.

For Emma, no one else seemed to notice - my first post in the thread was saying "hey, here's a mini that would work really well as a flip card," so you can't say it wasn't something I brought up. I step away from the art team whenever possible, and have no interest in making someone do up a whole extra card just because I think it'd look cooler. I step back, you guys do your work, I just try to provide what I can to make that easier.

That being said, I'll pretty strongly disagree with the premise that "it was never the intention to include a figure swap," when this entire idea literally sprung from LP's draft where figure swapping was how he represented the transformation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I like that draft. I am a little wary about having no indication about whether she's transformed or not, though - that feels like something that you could easily forget about in bigger, multiplayer games.
I mean, the figure I’m using has a werewolf figure, so I’m totally swapping it. Not sure if we can reference that on the card elegantly.
Quote:
ARCANE LYCANTHROPY
At the start of each round, you may choose to flip this card. If you do, replace Tiva with her alternate figure.

I honestly wouldn't mind that as the actual mechanic. It's new terminology ("flip" and "replace" and "alternate figure") and I'm not sure how it would work with, say, poker cards, but it all seems pretty easy to understand. But I also advocated for giving Two-Face II an actual coin to flip, I like weirdness like that.
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:40 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sure, and he built that into his power where it was not built into the power either here or for Emma Frost. There also isn't a figure for human Caitlin so it would be either a mod or repaint just so you could swap figures out.

Most people her basically want exactly the TV show version of Caitlin who doesn't really exist in comics so there is no comic art and no figure to work with here. Bats is trying to accommodate everyone's wishes here on a design that strayed quite a bit from his initial vision because it didn't match the TV portrayal of the character.
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:51 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Here is art of Caitlin Snow that matches the Killer Frost art.
Old December 8th, 2020, 01:14 AM
Tickle Pickle

Cool, I could work with that. Comic art updated.
Old December 8th, 2020, 01:29 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old December 8th, 2020, 08:49 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thank you both! I think that's a winner! I was thinking I was going to have to either put this on Deck through significant protest (not my preference) or put it on indefinite hold, but I thiiiink this has done the trick.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Does that mean you're back to a yea vote? I dislike moving things to On Deck under protest if I can help it.

Believe this is down to johnny or the timer at the end of the day either way. Since he's been actively commenting, feels wrong to hold him to the "consider me on abstain if I'm the only one holding things up" standard. And things have obviously been under discussion as well.

Old December 8th, 2020, 09:06 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd honestly almost rather we put it on a brief hold and actually establish the expectation regarding flip cards as that seems to be a contested idea. Emma obviously barely changes between forms, but Caitlin's is more pronounced, same with LP's thing.
Old December 8th, 2020, 09:27 AM
Archie

Oh right, that was my only concern so I’m back to a yea.

I think LV’s idea of discussing the flip cards further is a good idea so we’re all on the same page. Doesn’t have to be in this thread though. Personally I feel like either one or two minis for flip cards is okay, but it kinda depends on the character. Like a Hulk flip card really needs two figures. This one is a grey area.
Old December 8th, 2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I'd honestly almost rather we put it on a brief hold and actually establish the expectation regarding flip cards as that seems to be a contested idea. Emma obviously barely changes between forms, but Caitlin's is more pronounced, same with LP's thing.
Is that an official hold vote or are you planning to discuss this elsewhere since it applies to flip cards in general (including another finished one) not just this one?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library