Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old August 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Street Fighter 2 Heroclix

Wizkids just released a new group of Heroclix figures based on the Street Fighter 2 characters. I grew up with that game so these figures should be a lot of fun. Most of the sculpts have the characters doing their special moves and a few charactres have multiple sculpts with different poses or colors.

The strangest thing I've noticed about this is the concept. The characters were invented for a game and they are being ported to another game system. Usually the characters are drawn from a movie of book or something. If you want to see Ryu fight Guile why not just play SF2?

Anyway, I think the figures will be cool. I hope to see some cards made to play them in Heroscape too.
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?
Re: Street Fighter 2 Heroclix

It's the fighting character concept. Plus don't forget things like Marvel VS Capcom. The idea being you can A) put them 1 on 1 like classic SF II, B) use the 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 formats like the more modern MvC games, or C) do team plots like out of the SF movies or Marvel movies and comics. Personally I wish Wizkids would get King of Fighters but I was told by a wizkids rep I met at Dexcon that the licence wouldn't be worth the return as King of Fighters isn't as well known as Street Fighter.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old October 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM

BOOM! Woo who?

If you like Clix then check out the new GoW clix models. And actually, I'm already working on HS stats for them!

EDIT: Actually the stats are mostly supposed to be for GoW FFG game but whatever they both work.

Now come sit on Santa's lap...
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:53 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The strangest thing I've noticed about this is the concept. The characters were invented for a game and they are being ported to another game system. Usually the characters are drawn from a movie of book or something. If you want to see Ryu fight Guile why not just play SF2?
I suppose they will release as HeroClix whatever they think could sale (an Iron Maiden HeroClix set has been announced, though not released yet. I suppose it has been dropped). Player-side, I think could be nice being able to set up the wildest crossovers you could think of mixing comics, videogames (Streetfighter, Gears of War, even Halo has been "reissued" using standard HeroClix dials), and everithing coming next (LotR). It seems their current policy to release every licence they get under the HeroClix brand. Less efforts to customize the clix system and wide pre-existent players base seems good points to me, from the company standing point. If you ask me, though, I'm a bit sad seeing everything flattened to a single system, I really loved Halo ActionClix, for example, but it's just me. And I must admit that making everything compatible has its pros, anyway.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures